“Not bad”

Ranked #70 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
New England USA
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I read the reviews, and while I read the negatives, I found the hotel to be in a great location for the mall across the street, and not far from the 101 freeway. This is a business hotel, so don't expect kids to enjoy this place much. Rooms are typical Marriott - nicely appointed, and clean. Safe as well. This place can be full, so make sure of your Reservation! People are friendly, a the breakfast was no surprise, and expensive, like nearby restaurants. I was here for a meeting in the complex next to the hotel and the parking is not free. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
WCMGM, General Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest –

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your review. I am very glad you, like so many others, enjoyed our superb location. Additionally, it is very gratifying to know that you found our hotel to be clean, well appointed, and safe. Best of all, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our friendly staff. Our staff will be pleased to hear about their job well done. Thank you for staying with us during your business trip. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back anytime.

In appreciation - Clay Andrews, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I have not liked this hotel for some time but continue to stay here because the location is very convenient. But this is the end for me. First night had to sleep across the hall after my air conditioner broke during the night. The next day I had to move to another room.

Hotel smells like mold. Housekeeping is poor. Sinks clogged. Clock time off by an hour. TV remote did not work. Noisy noisy noisy. Kids running in the halls, noisy live music venue across street, hotel has Vegas style pool party on Sunday. And the towels need to be replaced. Shower curtain is dirty and the toilet paper is nasty. I am done with this place.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest –

First and foremost, thank you for returning to our hotel and please accept my apologies for your difficulties during your stay. I have shared your concerns with our housekeeping team so that they can investigate further. It is my goal to provide the best experience possible for our guests and I am disappointed to hear that you experienced a high level of noise from other hotel guests. Rest assured your comments and concerns will be investigated so that we can make necessary improvements.

Sincerely – Clay Andrews, General Manager
Lake Arrowhead, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

While it is far from being the best this particular Marriot it is better choice when you in this area. It does allow traveling with pets – very convenient and hotel is facing the park where you can walk with your four legs friend.
The pool area is small for this rather large establishment; it does have open air and indoor pools, indoor Jacuzzi, small podium where you can work out located in the same room as indoor pool; sauna exists but was broken since last march.
The restaurant and concierge room offers reasonable food – nothing special.
This hotel located in front of large mall and cinema – helps if you traveling with kids.
Short drive can take you to the Malibu creek for hike and Malibu beach for swim.
I guess my point is convenience, pet friendly and clean “Marriot style service”…

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always welcome and cherish guest feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and thank you for sharing your tips with other guests so that they can make the most of our fantastic location. In addition, thank you for sharing that you enjoyed our “Marriott style service”, it is something we pride ourselves on. Finally, it is great to hear that you were able to enjoy the convenience of our pet-friendly hotel. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you, and your four legged friend, back sometime soon.

With many thanks – Clay Andrews, General Manager
Pittsford, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I dislike giving poor reviews, but in this case I feel it is appropriate since there were too many issues to ignore. I brought my family and friends for brunch/dinner here.

When we arrived there was no one to be found to direct us to the dining area and when I searched someone out they pointed in the general direction of where to go and mumbled a few words.

There was dirt and trash in the corridor leading into the lobby. Not the greatest sight for a good appetite.

Our reservation was for 1:30pm. We sat down and the service was slow. When we did get our meals from the selection at the food stations we were informed that the stations would be removed shortly as they had to set up for dinner.

We were never informed of this when we made the reservation and if we were told we would have made the reservation earlier to give time for a relaxing meal with time to have beverages beforehand.

Not much worse when it comes to going out to eat than to be extremely rushed to eat fast for fear you may not be able to enjoy each of the food station selections. It was embarrassing to me to have picked the Warner Center Marriott. Paying a good deal of money to get aggravated is not what I would call enjoyable. I can get aggravated in Los Angeles traffic for free.

I spoke to the management in private away from my family and friends and when I explained what had happened they could have cared less. Barely an apology and that seemed inadequate, as he was on the spot.

If this is any reflection of the type of service and the accommodations at this Marriott in Woodland Hills I would avoid the Warner at all costs. There are simply too many other choices.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rich7777
woodland hills
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have been a Marriott patron for 27 years. I am a lifetime Platinum card holder in the Marriott honored guest awards program. I have spent over 2000 nites in Marriott properties over the years. This is in my humble opinion the most unMarriott like Marriott I have ever stayed at. I am in the hotel for 90 days while home repairs are being done. Parking is $13 per nite and on the weekends they NEVER empty the trash cans by the elevators in the garage letting trash accumulate on the floors. I actually live in the area and this is going on for at least four years and by Sunday its a ridiculous mess. The G.M. CLAY ANDREWS takes a position that it is not his responsibility. The outdoor bar by the pool is supplied with ice, beer kegs, glass wear and other items and equipment via hauling it on shoulder top and carts straight through the dining area of the indoor restaurant and lobby as a short cut instead of using the service entrance in the back. Bartenders tell customers that food will take "forever" so "order in the restaurant". It's the same kitchen for gods sake. The pool runs out of towels routinely. Elevators break down and don't get repaired for days. Cigarette butts collect on the walkway from parking to the entrance and the outdoor carpet in front of the "Grand Ballroom" is constantly dirty and littered. Its a shame because it is a nice facility and for years was run professionally until 4 years ago when Andrews took over. Food is above average here but the menu is extremely limited. When ever there is a banquet function here the restaurant BREEZE runs out of tea spoons and sets the tables without. Crazy, huh?There are no exhaust fans in the guest room bathrooms. The lobby is newly redone and pretty nicely so. May I compliment the many employees who work hard here and do their best despite a general manager who in my opinion neglects his responsibilities, has a terrible attitude, and again in my opinion should not have nor does he deserve his job here.
I should mention too that in August & September for two years in a row ANDREWS hosts a RECOVERY SUNDAYS program in which a DJ blasts loud music all day and patrons are brought in via a promotional company for an entrance fee producing a heavy drinking, scantily clad group of partiers. Even the female wait staff walks around with too short daisy duke shorts and promoting a sexually charged atmosphere. Shame on Marriott Corp and Tishman Hotels Corp (The Franchee), and especially CLAY ANDREWS for degrading Woodland Hills and ignoring common decency at this property.

Room Tip: Stay away from the poolside of the hotel in August and September because they host a drinking/dj/dan...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank michael r
Temecula, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Good, The Bad, The Nicely Handled...
The good part...Our dance school held its annual competition at the Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills. The size of the conference center and conference rooms were great, They provided an acquit number of chairs in each room. The had a breakfast and lunch ala-cart that was priced at standard hotel rates but with a good wide variety of items. The rooms were nice, clean, & well stocked. The staff was friendly.
The bad part - I had asked for a room with either 2 beds or 1 bed and a roll-way. Unfortunately, I got lost in the shuffle some how and they ran out of roll away. I ended up being provide extra pillows and blankets and made a bed on the floor. Can you say SORE!
The Nicely Handled - After talking GM he was apologized profusely and provide a great fit for the situation.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here for two days (8/10/12-8/12/12) to start off the first part of our vacation. What a fantastic hotel! I never once spoke to anyone who was anything less than stellar in their customer service. Everyone (including the guests) were so friendly! The rooms were beautiful, very clean, and had a balcony. It was a short, 20 minute drive to Universal Studios and Hollywood. Hotel was near restaurants, shopping, and banks. Also, the hotel was in a very safe neighborhood.

Yes, the Internet is not free and neither is the parking. However, the parking garage was very convenient and connected to the hotel.

The ONLY complaint I had was the beds were double beds and not queens. However, that was stated in the description, and I am not faulting the hotel.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
BEST WESTERN Woodland Hills Inn
#87 of 348 in Los Angeles
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,142 reviews

Been to Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!