“Recommended;”

Ranked #69 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Essex
“Recommended;”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Stayed six nights with family part business/part holiday. This hotel dealt with complaint in very professional manner. Service in restaurant can be a little hit or miss but the food is the best I have had in Marriott. The Executive longue clear breakfast at one minute to nine NO exceptions. The Valet parking service is excellent. Indoor and Outdoor Pools are very good. Good location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Orcutt, CA
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We visited this location as a last minute place to stay. I will say the room was very clean and roomy. What I did not like at all was the parking. There was a $13 charge for parking. And it was at a parking structure alongside the hotel. I felt a little unsafe. But the two pools at this location made up for the inconvenience! There is an indoor 24hr pool, and a pool open late outside. There are cabanas along the outside pool. The gym was very nice and clean. There is a starbucks in the lobby. There are two malls, one (movie theater too) is located across the street, and the second is within three mile radius. Overall we had a good relaxing time.

Room Tip: Use the valet partking!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed here because it was the host hotel for a professional convention she was attending. I normally stay at Hilton properties for business travel, but I had enough Marriott Rewards points to burn up to stay here for free (other than the $19 per day for valet parking). I'm sorry that I made this call.

First of all, I have a hard time believing the $200+ a night that this hotel charges. There's nothing to justify such a high price. The indoor pool was closed, as were the workout facilities. Although this was obviously a planned renovation, nothing was communicated to convention attendees. If I had known of the renovations, I would have stayed elsewhere.

Secondly, the hotel provided a shuttle service to the convention at Cal State-Northridge, which was about 20 minutes away. They had a schedule printed and distributed to convention guests. This shuttle was horribly unreliable. Frequently, it did not show up at all, and when it did, it was either late (by as much as 90 minutes) and/or replaced by a nine-person van-not at all suitable for the 1,600 attendees of the conference. My wife and I were stranded for over an hour not once but twice. When I called the hotel to complain, the manager on duty apologized and promised to call me back. To his credit, he did call back, but it was twenty minutes later and after the shuttle had (finally) arrived. When I asked what compensation would be made to make up for the habitual tardiness, he said that the shuttle was being provided as a "courtesy," but he would ask the GM to contact me. The GM never did. As a result, we ended up driving our rental car to the conference and paying for parking every day for the remainder of the conference.

Third, when I asked for more towels one evening, I had an extremely grumpy man deliver them to my door. When I said, "Thank you," he simply turned around and walked away.

Even more frustrating was the fact that I could see the nearby Hilton hotel out of my window, almost mocking me for staying there.

On a positive note, the valet parking service was the best I've seen in a long time. Also, one of the vendors held a reception in the patio area, and it was quite nice.

My dad's college roommate at Notre Dame recently retired from Marriott where he was Vice-Chairman of the board. He always asks me why I stay at Hilton instead of Marriott...unfortunately, I have another story to tell him.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
WCMGM, General Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
Thank you for posting regarding your recent stay at the Warner Center Marriott. Feedback such as yours is very important to us, and will ultimately help us better serve our valuable guests.

Providing outstanding customer service is our main focus at the Warner Center Marriott. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations, and I do apologize. While it is true we were upgrading our indoor pool area and fitness center, we are very fortunate to have two pools, and as you know the weather could not have been better during your stay, which made our outdoor a nice alternative. We also relocated all the fitness center equipment to a meeting room with a convenient location in our lobby, so no one would miss out on a workout!! As far as the transportation, I do apoloize, as I heard therte were issues with pick-up time and places. This was a third company, and they did get on track, but there was confusion on both the schedule and pick-up points. Also, I apologize for the less than friendly treatment from a staff member. We pride ourselves on warm customer service, and we will help that associate increase the level of his customer service.

Again, thank you for you helpful comments, and we do hope to welcome you back one day. If you have any further comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Hotel and ask for me.

Thank you.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel is older, but clean and kept stylish in the typical Marriott way. There is a Starbucks downstairs, conference centers, indoor and outdoor pool with a an outdoor bar and cabanas. It's next to the park which can get quite busy on weekends with events, but we were still able to find parking on the street to avoid paying the parking fees the hotel charges. Beds are comfortable. We took our dog this time, and he had space on the covered balcony for his small kennel and food. We stayed 3 nights, but opted not to get maid service because of the presence of the dog. It was easy to pick up the towels, etc. that we needed. The weekend there, the hotel had a "costume college" going on and guests were wearing period costumes they'd made throughout the hotel, that was an unexpected site. There are four elevators and we never had to wait too long for one even though on the 14th floor. I would stay again. The mall and PF Changs is directly across the street.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here recently for business and I very much enjoyed my stay. The room was very clean, the bed/pillows were comfortable, had an updated TV (although had signal issues on some channels), and the location was great (right near many restaurants and stores). All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, including the staff at the Starbucks in the lobby. There's a bar/restaurant in the lobby and there's a computer to print boarding passes. I was impressed that I forgot to take my privacy card off of the door when I left for work, so the room didn't get cleaned. When I came back from dinner, the room had been cleaned (between 6:30-8:30pm). I, personally, have never had that happen!

A few cons: It was quite a long drive from LAX (a $100 cab fare). The internet is expensive (12.95 for 24 hours), then if you want to print something, you have to pay another $6 to log onto the internet for 15 minutes in the business center. I was placed in a room that had adjoining doors on both sides. Had a bit of unwanted noise at all hours of the day...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
detroit
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Great hotel! The service and stay were great! Rooms were clean! Excellent choice if you are traveling to the Los Angeles area!

Room Tip: very clean
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
WCMGM, General Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for your response, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return!
Colorado
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times... each time I wonder, why I return. Staff is fine but you would think for the money you pay, you would not have to pay for internet, which you do as well as a continental breakfast...something...we had to pay for daily parking. (i know this is common in other hotels, but not all) There was three of us and only enough towels for one person. We had to call for towels. The second night, two people were assigned to our room as well and we had to call down to the desk to have them correct room assignments. Not thrilled. Hyatt Place offers free internet, contintental breakfast... an experiance when you come... I'll be thinking better elsewhere next time. People want more bag for their buck.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
WCMGM, General Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Thank you for submitting your survey. Your comments are very important to me, and will ultimately help us better serve all of our valued guests. Unfortunately, as a full-service Marriott Hotel, we are required to charge guests for high-speed-internet service, and this is true in most major brands. Also true in most major brands, the limited or select service Hotels, such a Hyatt Place, do not charge, but they also do not have all the amenities that a full-service property has. We do have rates that include a full buffet breakfast, and can be found on our Marriott home page. As far as the parking, we do not own our parking structure, and like all other full-service Hotels in the area, there is a charge. Lastly the towel issue, please allow me to apologize for not providing enough. That was an oversight, and we will certainly be more careful in the future.

Again, that you for your helpful comments and we hope to see you back soon.

Clay Andrews
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Best Western Woodland Hills Inn
#79 of 350 in Los Angeles
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas

Been to Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!