“Crawling wireless internet speed”

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Ranked #45 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Crawling wireless internet speed”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights and we are a little bit underwhelmed. The hotel needs a major renovation. Though the room we stayed has an LCD TV and the view is fine, it is more like a hampton inn rather than a Hilton. Since it is a Hilton, so they charge a fee for interenet access. But the wireless connection is so poor that we constantly had to reconnect and the speed is almost like a dialup. When we switched to the wired internet access, they charged us twice for the same day. The ice machine on 8th floor is broken. We will find a better option next time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, September 12, 2010
laopu - thank you for taking your time and letting us know about your most recent experience. I apologize that the guest room and speed of HSIA was not up to your satisfaction. It is with comments like yours that we are able to make improvements on the products and services we provide for our guests. Once again, thank you.

Francois Khoury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Hebrew first
berlin PA
Reviewed August 23, 2010

knowing that cost is a factor in your decision to give out the packets instead of tubes and the small shaving cans, it is my belief that the time the staff need to take away from their duties to give out the packets several times during my stay and difficulity in opening the packets is ridulous!!! You are not saving any money!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
Photomanberlinpa- thank you for your review and four stars. I apologize that the toothpaste and shaving cream was not up to your satisfaction. Please know that you may request multiple packs of each during your stay and our housekeeping team would be more then happy to bring them to your room. In addition, we also have a gift shop in the hotel located in the lobby level that has tubes/cans available. Once again, we do thank you for your comments and look forward to you staying with us again.

Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Stayed Fri/Sat/Sun nights at this hotel for the second part of our trip to LA. We wanted an hotel not too far from the LA buzz but on the quite side. The hotel seemed to tick those boxes, plus it had a great rate on offer if pre-booked in advance. Upgraded to their executive double which gave us free in room wifi, breakfast etc. Unlike previous reviews, I did not have any issues with the hotel's decor. The parking charge, which I assume is because the hotel doesn't own the parking structure, is reduced at weekends. There is a direct link to the hotel.
A number of restaurants nearby including cheesecake factory. On the plus side for us was the Westfield shopping mall + other shops nearby as well.
I was impressed by the care and attention afforded by the staff of this hotel, particularly the saturday and sunday morning staff serving breakfast. One of the ladies stood out because she made sure she engaged with customers. She even remembered our coffee and juice orders from the previous day.
My only complaint was that the double bed seemed to be on the small side.
I would definitely stay here again if I needed an hotel in a similar area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Moo – thank you for your review and four stars. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The breakfast staff was thrilled when I shared your comments with them. I see that you have submitted 130 previous reviews using Tripadvisor. I think that is fantastic. I like reading comments from our guests, it gives us the real viewpoint and is a great tool to use for training and improving products. Once again, thank you.

Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton during the week of Aug 8th - 14th. The hotel staff was friendly, rooms were clean and ok..not really anything special. I stayed in the basic king room. I had picked this hotel because it was close to the conference I was attending...so on that point alone, it was ok....there were several there, with families/kids who changed hotels after staying one night. The Hilton does not have a pool, does not have free internet, does not have free over night parking and does not have mini refridg. in rooms...so if these things are important to you, I would pick another hotel. There are many restaurant's close to the Hilton....most just out the front door and 1/2 block away. The Cheescake Factory, Morton's, BJ's Restaurant and Brewery. Starbucks, Jamba Juice and a few burger places are about 1 block away. I did find the best place to have breakfast and it's VERY inexpensive.....right next door to the Hilton, at 6400 Canoga, on the first floor of the office building, in Suite 118 is a very small place called SWEET HOUSE CAFE. they have great breakfasts, eggs, bagels, fruit, etc., and for lunch, all kinds of sandwiches and salads....they are open only until 4:00 PM...but worth the stop and very inexpensive. Check out from the Hilton was easy..no issues...overall the Hilton is a fine hotel, if you don't want the frills and thrills ....basic hotel, lounge, etc.....I would stay again, BUT not if I were to bring my family.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
LizH1174 – thank you for your review and comments. I was glad to read you found the hotel clean and the service friendly. I am happy to hear you got to experience how convenient we are to most venues. I wish we could have earned a higher rating from you but once again thank you for your comments. Come back soon!

new jersey
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Staying 12 days on business.This Hotel is a beautiful hotel and very clean. You pay for Valet parking but they are so polite friendly and fast .The front desk staff are so helpful directions etc. There is a restaurant but seemed always empty so I had dinner at the many different retaurants close by.In the next block is the cheese factory. The consierge's level has snacks from 5 to 9 and breakfast and has a nice view.The house keeper was very good so everything was great just a little over priced.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Bridgetpianos – Thank you for your review and 5 stars. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel clean and the service friendly. I see that you have submitted 64 previous reviews using Tripadvisor. I think that is great. I like reading comments from our guests. It gives us the real viewpoint and helps us improve the services and products we provide for our guests. Once again, thank you and come back soon.

Chicago
Reviewed June 26, 2010

This hotel i does have a great location. Immediately upon entering you feel the understated design and substandard decor, lack of color. Certainly, it could be said the decor is to be of Asian origin, however, whomever designed this lobby and the color selections did not represent the best for the property.

I found the property to be outdated in every aspect, from the rooms, the lobby and the restaurant. The lounge did seem to be more updated than any other location within the hotel.

The front desk staff were friendly, the bell staff were purely average and not in what one would expect of a Hilton uniform.

The price point of the hotel would allow you to expect something more than what you are getting and I would strongly suggest visiting another hotel instead of the Woodland Hills Hilton.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Francois_Khoury, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
LiscomeBay – Thank you for your review. I apologize that the hotels décor did not meet your expectations. The hotel is scheduled for renovation and we are very excited about all the upcoming changes and feedback from our guests.

I am glad to hear you had a friendly encounter with the front desk. I have shared your comments with the staff.

Warm Regards…
Bangalore, India
Reviewed June 22, 2010

The hotel was purely a business hotel with no frills- No pool and no extravagant luxuries. Even the restaurant was purely functional. The good thing though was it was reasonably priced and affordable.

I would surely recommend this hotel to all business traveler who is looking for value in his accommodation rather than unnecessary luxury and elegance.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Kiran-Is, Thank you for your recent review and four stars. I am glad to read that we met your expectations. When your travels bring you back to this area, we are looking forward to serving you again.