“Excellent hotel for business travelers”

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Ranked #38 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Michigan
“Excellent hotel for business travelers”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Very nice hotels to stay at plus the location is "strategic". If you want the best deal reserve a room ahead of the time because the rates are fluctuating. This hotel is 100% smoking free however they have outside a designated smoking area. Parking is somewhat cumbersome and advise you to use their valet parking services.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank eppie1800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Hebrew first
lawyergirl07
Reviewed May 19, 2009

My assistant and I traveled to Woodland Hills for a brief over night trip with a super important meeting in the morning. I booked the Woodland Hills Hilton off of Priceline for 65 dollars a night which wasnt bad for the area.
We arrived around 530pm after fighting several hours of traffic. The drive was a very hard to maneuver with a large SUV which made the very pleasant and helpful Valet guy an awesome person to know. The inside lobby was like a desert, hot and stuffy yet empty. The lone receptionist checked us in quickly. When we turned to head for the elevators, my assistant nearly tripped over a garbage can (yes, a trash can...with trash in it even!!) sitting in the middle of the walk way. After further curiousity, we noticed that the garbage can was sitting there catching a drip from somewhere in the ceiling.

We made out way down the dark and dreary hallway to our room which was nothing spectacular. Two full sized beds, ugly dirty carpet, a beat up desk and the bathroom resembled the one from the original Psycho. I began to work on some stuff for my meeting and she turned on the television that we believe was purchased from the Smithsonian.

A few hours into our stay, I decided to get take-out from the BJs Brewery located directly next door. I stood in front of the elevator for 10 minutes. Nothing. So, I used the little courtesy telephone to call the front desk to inform them that the elevators were not working. The problem: The lady placed me on hold before I was even able to tell her something was wrong. So, I stood there for another 10 minutes waiting on hold and for the elevator, whichever came first. The same issue happened on the way back, though other guests were not nearly as nice about it as I.

On the day of check out and my meeting, I had arranged for a wake up call. The call never came and I found myself rushing to get there on time. In the process, I left a bottle of my favorite perfume. Realizing my mistake, I called the hotel directly after my meeting, while i was relatively close to the hotel. The gentleman responsible for the lost and found was rude and told me that nothing had been found. I went through all of my luggage and my assistant went through her's just in case and nothing. Nada. Zip. So, I called back and his exact words were "I dont know what to tell ya." WHAT?!

I was angry and called the Hotel Manager who coincidentally had been able to locate my perfume which was not registered into the lost and found. She promised to send it to my home and guess what...I still have yet to receive it!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Lawrence
Reviewed May 16, 2009

The elevators have improved but it doesn't seem like they all work. Some of the fitness equipment was not functioning properly. Overall it is a nice property but it seems more like a $129 a night place not a $189. This time my AC unit was working but I have had to contact maintenance the previous two stays.

Bay Area
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Overall my stay at the Hilton was great. The service and cleanliness was excellent. The friendliness and helpfullness of the staff was much appreciated. The rooms are cozy, and the quality of the bed and pillows made sleeping extremely pleasant. My only complaint would be the breakfast in the morning. Though the service was being excellent, the breakfast qaulity was below average as well as overpriced. Overall my experiance was great. I will be staying at this hotel in the future, just not eating breakfast.

new york
Reviewed May 1, 2009

purhaps a little more local knowledge with the people at the front desk.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Everyone in this hotel is very friendly and attentive. The valets, the front desk staff, and the restaurant staff all go out of their way to remember their repeat customers' preferences. All are great.

Placerville, Ca
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We arrived prior to the check in time, but the staff was able to get us into rooms with no waiting. The original rooms that we requested were not available but they were comperable and still wonderful rooms to stay in.