“Another week in Woodland Hills”

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Ranked #34 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 16, 2009

The elevators have improved but it doesn't seem like they all work. Some of the fitness equipment was not functioning properly. Overall it is a nice property but it seems more like a $129 a night place not a $189. This time my AC unit was working but I have had to contact maintenance the previous two stays.

Reviewed May 1, 2009

Overall my stay at the Hilton was great. The service and cleanliness was excellent. The friendliness and helpfullness of the staff was much appreciated. The rooms are cozy, and the quality of the bed and pillows made sleeping extremely pleasant. My only complaint would be the breakfast in the morning. Though the service was being excellent, the breakfast qaulity was below average as well as overpriced. Overall my experiance was great. I will be staying at this hotel in the future, just not eating breakfast.

Reviewed May 1, 2009

purhaps a little more local knowledge with the people at the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Everyone in this hotel is very friendly and attentive. The valets, the front desk staff, and the restaurant staff all go out of their way to remember their repeat customers' preferences. All are great.

Reviewed April 30, 2009

We arrived prior to the check in time, but the staff was able to get us into rooms with no waiting. The original rooms that we requested were not available but they were comperable and still wonderful rooms to stay in.

Reviewed March 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton on 3/20/09. We live in Ventura, but my husband had a class in Encino on Friday evening and Saturday, so we decided it would be a good idea to stay in a hotel to eliminate the commute.

We used the "name your own price" feature on Priceline and won the Hilton for $54.00 per night! This was a 50% discount compared to booking through the hotel directly.

I was extremely nervous about staying at the Hilton since the reviews are below average. The parking is a little inconvenient, but worked out fine. Self-parking is $14.00 per day. Valet is $19.00. I called to inform the front desk we would be checking in late (10:30 p.m.). Check-in was quick and the receptionist was friendly. My only complaint, and the reason why I am giving the review a 4 instead of a 5, is our room had two double beds. My husband and I were too tired to go back down and request a room with a king bed, plus we weren’t sure if there were any rooms available with a king bed. The bed was definitely small. The room itself was very large and clean. The bathroom was also an average size and clean. The showerhead had great water pressure. Our room was directly across from the elevator, but we never heard any noise from it.

The Hilton is located right next to a Cheesecake Factory, BJ’s Brewery and Morton’s. It is also in driving distance to the Topanga and Promenade Mall, a movie theater, and Ruth’s Chris.

I was very pleased with our stay at the Hilton. I would definitely stay here again if we were able to use Priceline, but I also feel the rate of $109 (if we had booked directly) would have been fair. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2009

Pros:
The rooms are large and basic. Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries were nice. Two computers for guest use in the lobby. Valets for parking were plentiful and eager. The hotel restaurant had good breakfast potatoes and OJ. Towels were fluffy and plentiful. Many places to sit in lobby. Located within walking distance to shops, Westfield mall and restaurants.

Cons:
Twice there was the smell of cigarette smoke from an adjacent room through the bathroom vent, even though we specifically had a room on a non-smoking floor. Had to complain to the front desk twice about it.

No safe in the room. They charge $14 for daily self parking and $19 for valet parking! The walls are too thin, noise can be heard from hallway and other rooms. TV volume is either too loud or too soft, no in between.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)