“A reasonable option”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Aptos, California
“A reasonable option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Needed to be in the San Fernando Valley the next morning, so I chose to spend the night here.

The price was right, about the same as Hampton or Garden Inn back in Oxnard or Thousand Oaks. This put me closer.

I got add-on deal that gave me internet and parking for a little. This was a worthwhile option. The parking garage is not Hilton's, and it's a short walk to the end of the hotel. Instead, you use the valet. The next morning when I was to leave, I called down with my ticket number and they had the car waiting when I stepped outside. Excellent!

Staff were wonderful. The hotel does have some wear to it. Unless you like shopping malls, it's not really close to anything. But it's only a short drive into Hollywood. And if you want to save some money and not stay in the higher rent areas, this is a good choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Deepak M, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for kind words of appreciation for our team members and service.

The hotel as you mentioned is clsoe proximity to the mall and have multiple dining options within walking distance to the hotel. We also would like to inform you that the hotel will be undergoing extensive guest room, lobby and restaurant refresh in the very near future.

We look forward to having you with us again.

Deepak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Hebrew first
Chatsworth, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

As the chairperson of my 50th reunion, I wanted to give the alumni of my class the best reunion experience possible. This was my first time staying over; I had attended a previous class reunion last May in the same ballroom without staying.The catering manager could not have been more gracious and generous with her advice on our menu and overall offerings. Any phone calls, questions and follow-ups were dealt with professionally and in a timely manner. Every member of the hotel provided superior service; from valet, check-in desk, Trillium ballroom staff, and dinner/kitchen staff to our check-out two days later. The menu decided on was fabulous! Many of the alumni commented on the excellent quality and taste of the dinner served. Any small discrepancies were handled right away.

We stayed in a junior suite. The room was great; clean, inviting and the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed having a small wet bar and refrigerator at our disposal. The only negative was the awkward location of the bathroom in the suite.Everything was provided for us so we did not have a need to ask for anything additional. Actually the staff went out of their way to ask us if we needed any extra services.

The location of this hotel is close to a local mall, a fitness gym, and only a short drive to freeways that take you to any destination. Restaurants, other than those in the hotel, are close by either to walk or drive.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and services to anyone based on my recent experience. In fact I am going to suggest this hotel and their venue to the class behind us when they celebrate their reunion next year. I know the Hilton-Woodland Hills did a wonderful job with the Class of '63 last May and now my Class of '64 on June 21st, 2014

Judy F. Class of '64 Alumnus

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Deepak M, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for alowing us to host such a special reunion. We are thrilled to know that the team here at the hotel exceeded your expectations on every interaction.

Thank you once gain for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to having you with us again.

Bakersfield, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Ms. M. Rubalcava, Executive Meeting Manager is the best! Location of the Hotel is perfect! Rooms are quite, &easy access to L.A. Freeways. Parking is good. Shops, Mall, Food places, all are nearby. Great weather in L.A.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Good Morning,

Thank you for allowing us to host such a special reunion. We are thrilled to know that the team here at the hotel exceeded your expectations at every interaction.

Thank you once again an dwe look forward to having you with us again.

Deepak Mehra
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights rooms were dirty in the bathroom carpet had a big stain along with the pillowcases I've stayed at cheaper hotels with better service.I had rented four rooms for my big family two of the rooms had a funny smell to them 1 room had a big wet stain on the floor I called front desk and the maintenance personal went up but just threw towels on the floor left them there. The other room coffee maker was dirty from whoever stayed before sugar packets were hard just really wouldn't recommend it

• Stayed June 2014
Deepak M, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for your kind review. We truly apologize for the less than satisfcatory stay, we have taken measures to address the areas of improvement as mentioned by you.

We sincerely hope to have another opportunity to serve you, when you have a date in mind, please call upon me and I will personally attend to the details of your reservation.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Was recently in the area for a wedding and being a Hilton Gold member we stayed at the Hilton Woodland Hills.

We should have stayed elsewhere.

It's an outdated, 4 star hotel that is now more of a 3 star hotel. It's in a great, central location, but it's nowhere near luxury quality.

The rooms, the restaurant, everything needs a major update.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Morning,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with the feedback. We would like to share with you that the hotel will be undergoing extensive guest room, lobby and restaurant refresh in the very near future and we are certain that it will exceed your expectations.

We look forward to having you with us again and rediscover the premises after the refresh.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

In my 3 night stay, I got the impression that the staff really loved their jobs - they were so friendly and accommodating I felt like I was at home! That was the most positive point of the hotel.... the elevators were very slow, the food was OK, the rooms OK.... but the staff went above and beyond with what they had to work with.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Service_Sommelier
Deepak M, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review. As you noticed, we do have a terrific team here at the hotel, very committed to create memories for our guests. Also, we will be undergoing an extensive guest room, lobby and restaurant refresh in the very near future, which will furteyr allow us to complement our great service with extraordinary product.

We look forward to having you with us again.

deepak
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had the pleasure of having my son's Bar Mitzvah in the Grand Ballroom at the Hilton in Woodland Hills. The ballroom is beautiful with high ceilings and crystal chandeliers but I knew that when I booked the event. What I didn't expect is the amazing service that I received from absolutely every person with whom I dealt at the hotel. Joanie Allen, the Catering Manager, was delightful and helpful at every step along the way and especially on the day of the event. Antonio and the waiter staff were wonderful. Many of my guests commented on how good the food was, not typical for a large function at a hotel. I would not hesitate to recommend this as a venue for your special occasion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MilenaKT
Deepak M, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for allowing us to be your host for the Bar Mitzvah. We trully appreciate you encouraging words towards our team members especially Joanie and Antonio.

We are thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward you recommending us to your friends and family.

Hope to see you soon.