“reasonably priced”

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Ranked #35 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed for a week. Main reason for choosing was the price. The location is close to the freeway so getting around LA was not too bad (aside from the expected LA traffic) and we couldnt justify paying so much more at the hotels closer to Bev Hills/Hollywood/etc.

Mind you, the drive anywhere was at least 30-45 mins in traffic everyday, but this is likely true anywhere you stay since everything in LA is so far apart.

Room was always clean, staff were attentive. We had no concerns regarding the cleanliness/bathroom/noise. We got the internet+parking bundle and the valet guys were always quick.
Theres a mall nearby with a Target open late where you can pickup anything you forgot. The mall itself is pretty big. Otherwise, not much around the area.
The surrounding area is safe too.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor and had no noise issues. the A/C noise did not bother us.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lebriznon
Margie J, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts during your stay with us. I am glad to hear your positive comments on cleanliness and our staff. I will be sure to share this with our associates, as it is always nice to know that we are taking good care of our guests.

And you are right, the location is convenient to get to many attractions, shopping, etc with southern California. Now if we could only solve the traffic problem here in LA!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have not stayed in a Hilton Hotel in years, was here for several days for a H.S. Reunion. The staff are what make this hotel. From the front desk, to the valet Nelson. On day two he even greeted me by name. From check in, to keeping open the lunch restaurant because I had not eaten. Nelson even had them bring up bottles of water on check in. The valet's were great, they always greeted me either coming or going, and on arrival would also ask if I needed anything. The room was nice, the reunion was great as was the space. I so appreciate the staff here, and for a large hotel made it feel small , it must be the management that is great.

Room Tip: One of the upper floors facing the Chatsworth Mountains, beautiful in the morning.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Margie J, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

So glad that you had a good stay with us during your High School Reunion. And thank you for the feedback on Nelson, he is one of our best employees. It is always nice to hear the same from our customers!

We try to make all of our guests feel special and like family, so I am glad that you experienced this during your stay.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I appreciate this hotel for its cleanliness and the personable disposition of the valet staff (particularly Maurice) and the concierge (Rosie, thanks for the evening milk and cookies)! This particularly important when traveling away from home for extended periods of time. Please continue the good work!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking to the time to tell us about your recent stay here at the Hilton. I am so glad that we can create a home away from home feeling for you!

I will also share your comments with Maurice and Rosie. They are two of our best associates here, so I know they will appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to having you visit with us again soon,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for several days as the leader of a group of lifelong learners. Our classroom was set up neatly and comfortably. We were always in the radar of the staff who kept the classroom refreshed and who met the needs of the individual participants as well as the written requests on the Banquet Orders. The entire staff was knowledgeable and efficient in attending to our group, while being extremely cordial.

Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, as it sends the individual into the work day, I was particularly taken with a certain dish at the breakfast buffet here -- the thick, creamy, deliciuos oatmeal made with steel cut oats. I am sure my group benefited from the good mood these oats launched me into each morning.

Room Tip: Not sure. Mine was fine. A/C a little loud, but I still slept well in the very comfortable bed
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Margie J, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Laurel,

I was so happy to see the comments during your recent event with us here at the hotel. I know we have been working with your organization now for some time, and we really do appreciate the business that you bring us.

We do have a great staff here, and it is always so nice to hear the same from our guests and customers. I will definitely pass on your comments regarding the breakfast and oatmeal. The Chef and the kitchen staff will appreciate it. As they are behind the scenes, they don't always have a chance to hear from our guests.

We look forward to having your organization back with us in a few months.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for the last 11 years. the hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly. The rooms need remodeling, although they are very clean they are outdated.
supposedly they were going to be remodeled last year, but they only remodeled two or three rooms. i stayed in one of them and it was really nice. unfortunately they have not remodeled any other rooms. Also the bar is very old and outdated and in desperate need of remodeling.
The service and the food is great i just wish the owner who lives in Asia , would come and renovate the Hotel. The Marriott down the road has been renovated and its in much better shape than the Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Margie J, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for being such a loyal customer...we do appreciate it! And I am happy to report that we will be starting our renovation soon at the hotel. In addition to a re-doe of all our guest rooms, we will also be completely changing our restaurant and bar/lounge area as well. The plans for the new look are very exciting, so we look forward to having your return to see a brand new hotel within the next few months!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

As a HH Gold I would expect an executive floor room (particularly for a 1 night stay) but instead we received one with a musty smell on the 9th floor that clearly had been previously used by smokers. Weird as hotel website claims it is entirely nonsmoking. We should have switched immediately but figured it might clear up when we started the A/C. Alas not. The rooms themselves are reasonably sized and the bathrooms have a nice long counter. But the water pressure in the shower was poor and only 2 large towels - what is this Motel 6? WiFi signal was good. No frig in room though you can request it.

Elevators continue to be a weak point - insufficient capacity at peak times. Parking is $14 and probably well advised as our car got keyed when we parked overnight on Erwin St - a sad commentary on the deterioration of the SF valley. Executive lounge is closed on weekends despite high occupancy, I guess they can't afford another minimum wage food service staffer. Cafe on first floor has ok food. There is a Starbucks in the strip mall just up the street off Victory.

To be fair I would give the catering staff a 5* rating for the event we attended. Excellent food and service in a very nice ballroom. However I would recommend you skip staying at this property until the remodel has been completed, I understand that is scheduled for 2014.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Margie J, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us during your recent stay. We always try to provide the best experiences for our guests, so I apologize for the issues you encountered. We are a non-smoking hotel, so if you could email me which room you stayed in, I would appreciate. I would like our Director of Housekeeping to follow up to avoid the same situation with any future guests.

Thank you for the positive comments regarding the event you attended here. I will definitely pass on your comments to both the culinary as well as the banquet staff.

We hope to have you return to the hotel after our renovation to enjoy our brand new facility.

margie.johnston@hiltonwh.com

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Hilton Woodland Hills was an excellent location for a meeting/conference. We had our conference there last week and Spencer and Ani from the Sales Department were fantastic to work with. When we arrive the entire hotel staff went out of their way to make our conference go smoothly and it was a success. Food and facilities were great. If you need a location for conference in Los Angeles I would suggest it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business