WINNER WONDERLAND

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Ranked #72 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Concierge, Poor Housekeeping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have decided to write this review after my third time staying here since Jan-13. Overall Hilton hotel has always maintained a standard of excellence. I am based in Singapore and travel widely in ASIA, I had stayed in Hilton Beijing and Doubletree Shanghai just the week before I check-in to Hilton Woodland Hills. There is quantum different between the "luxury" Hilton group hotels in ASIA compare to the Hilton in N. America. There is no "tips"culture in most ASIA cities but the customer service people bent over to impress you with the service "without" expecting a tips.

I was particularly annoy with the housekeeping during my stay, as a HHonors Gold member, I was upgraded to Executive floor, room 1218. Fully aware of the tips culture, I never failed to leave a couple of dollar on the bedside table for the housekeeper.

However, I kinda felt they do not deserve this additional gratuity based on the service provided, - I can quote three example here - (1) I was given a double bed room, I normally left my shirts, jackets on the additional bed, these shirts, jackets remain as messy after housekeeping makes their rounds - something unthinkable in ASIA (2) with four pillows on the bed, I had dropped one of them onto the floor, I picked it up and left it on the sofa and it remains on the sofa for the next two days ! (3) the WORST - I had accidentally left the Iron plugged into the power socket one morning, the Iron was placed upright on the bedside table, the "tips"is right beside the Iron. After I came back from a day in the office, the Iron is STILL PLUGGED IN, but the Tips has been removed! Apparently, the housekeeper is more interested in taking the money than making sure the room is SAFE.(Fire Hazard?? )

I would grade the Housekeeping 5/10, barely passing.

Fortunately, the hotel has a good concierge department, Laura from the concierge on the 14 floor has been exceptionally helpful during my stays and her achievement should be recognized if not rewarded.

I am sure I will be coming back to Hilton Woodland Hills again, not next month but probably in Jun or July. I hope the Housekeeping department would have buck-up by then. Otherwise, you can be sure my "tips" will remains in my pocket instead of the table.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chik Kheng L
Carlos L, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Ckik Kheng,
Thank you for taking time off your busy day to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We really value your sponsorship and loyalty and would like to guarantee you that the level of respect and pride our team members show for their work is very high. We have looked into this isolated event and have addressed it properly. Our housekeeping team is fully aware of how important it is to service the rooms, paying close attention to any appliances that were left connected. I am so sorry that in this particular case, you did not receive that attention to detail. We praise our associates, like Laura in the concierge lounge, who really strive providing excellent service; however, we will address any isolated performance issues that will stain the effort put into servicing our guests.
Please accept my apologies, as we take ownership on these scenarios to prevent them from happening in the future.
Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors Member.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Woodland Hills, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My family was in an unusual travel situation with grandma, grandpa, son, daughter, their spouses and a 1 year old grandson all in tow; we needed just a little more support than the typical traveler on this unique journey.

Our concierge assistants, Laura (mornings) and Rosie (evenings), provide such wonderful, family-friendly service, that the blessing to my family is now part of our family history. Now more than ever we are staunch Hilton customers and advocates!

Thank you, Hilton management, for pursuing excellence in all facets of your customer service approaches. It makes a difference!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Babette S, Director of Food and Beverage at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Blubinski and Family,

What a truly nice review on both Laura and Rosie! When I mentioned your family and your beautiful review to them they both had such fond memories of all the members of your family. Thank you for sharing your stay with us making us part of your family history.

I have also shared your review with our human resources director who would be proud of the training she over sees regarding guest service! On behalf of all of us at the Hilton Woodland Hills, welcome to the Hilton family!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel staff was very accommodating and helpful. This is very good hotel for business travelers and meets Hilton standards. It is within walking distance to many restaurants and many retail stores. Garage is about two blocks from hotel, so you would have to valet your car or plan on a few extra minutes to walk to your car. The cost of parking is high.

1 Thank Arlene C
Madison, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our visit at the Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles was great! The staff is amazing! Rosie in Concierge was wonderful to us each and every evening. Also, the valet staff was above and beyond great! Thanks for everything!
Dana - Madison, IN

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Babette S, Director of Food and Beverage at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
It was so nice to read about your experiences during your stay with us and to hear the words used as "amazing" from the service our valet staff and Rosie in the lounge provided! This is quite a compliment and we are proud to have them on our staff :) We hope you will return soon when your travels take you to this area so we can all welcome you back! See you soon and thank you for taking the time to write a review ~
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Booked fourteen rooms
Had the rooms we needed including the right kind of handicap rooms.
Baggage service was good.
Breakfast bar was above average.
Restaurant food was only fair but pricey
Several rooms were dirty including mine,some complaints included bobby pins on the floor, coffee still in the pot gum on the rug,etc.
Suggest eating at the mall across the street or one of the restaurants in
short walking distance. concierge helpful here.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Business travelers who are Hilton people know what to expect in a Hilton property. This one was clean, the staff was friendly, the restautant was nice. It's conveniently located to a mall and many other shopping areas and there are lots of places to eat nearby. Starbucks addicts should note that there is a Starbucks directly across the street in the mall behind LA Fitness. I had room-service the first night- I ordered a salad, the tofu with lemon sauce (delicious!) and a $6.00 glass of wine and total including gratuity (included in the bill) it was $46. Nothing is cheap in LA except the wine. Everything was exactly as you'd expect. We had a quick meeting in the lobby one evening and it was really chilly. They keep the wind blowing down on you in the lobby which is totally unnecessary in the winter. If I needed to be in this part of LA again, I'd stay here. PS- parking is ridiculously expensive- valet service was $19/day and self-parking was $14/day. It should be added in to the costs for regular Hilton customers

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The front desk staff, mainly Vickie, turned a potential disaster into a display of excellent customer service!!! Our error of booking a Honors points room for the wrong night (and at 11:15pm you haven't left yourself many options), coupled with Hilton's computer system being down, a lobby full of boisterous Phi Beta something frat boys turned lounge singers and a long line at the front desk - Vickie would stop at nothing to ensure that we would get a room and that she could clean up our reservation error. She really went out of her way and that kind of service really made a difference.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
BEST WESTERN Woodland Hills Inn
#79 of 348 in Los Angeles
LAX Area
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
#76 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles? Share your experiences!