“Conceirge dining/house keeping/tv.”

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Ranked #37 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had the benefit of the Conceirge level. Rosie was our hostess every night that we choose to use Conceirge dining and she is wonderful. She was very attentive to all our needs and remembered us from the first night. She treated other guests just as friendly.

The housekeeping staff did a fine job on my room everyday (though they kept washing my towels even though I hung them to reuse). I didn't feel invaded every day.

My only complaint would be the TV, it was fine the first couple days and then they "upgraded" and it was horrible. I had a "new" remote that looked like it came out of the 70's. Didn't bother even turning the tv on the final two-three days of my stay.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel is always very accommodating. The staff is friendly and remembers me when I visit which makes me feel very welcome. Rosie up on the Concierge Lounge is always a warm and welcoming. Thank you to the Hilton staff for making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Babette S, Director of Food and Beverage at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear BrandonZ,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding Rosie's service. She does have a way to make each guest feel welcome and I am delighted to hear that she did just that! On behalf of Rosie and all of the staff at the Hilton in Woodland Hills we look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Maybe I'm the only person who likes my phone charging overnight near me, but I do. My room, 1005, had zero outlets near the bed. I travel enough and have two or three devices that Internet service and, now, handy electric outlets are now on my "things I like" list. I carry a power strip but the nearest outlet was so far away I could barely get my phone on the night stand.
Otherwise this is a good hotel and I'll likely return, lugging my power strip.

Room Tip: Room 1005 was good for me. Quiet. Far enough from the elevator but not a long walk. Just bring an ex...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
MWSWH, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Arizonapopi,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our Hilton Woodland Hills/LA. We really appreciate the top ratings you gave the hotel in both Cleanliness and Service, and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We also understand your preference for electrical access next to the bed. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area so there is more space between the bed and the power station on the desk across the room. Based on feedback like yours, we have included additional power stations for the night stands which we will be replacing during our guestroom remodeling project beginning later this year.
We look forward to your next visit to the LA area!
Best regards,
Morgan Smith

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Having a concierge lounge available round the clock is one of the greatest benefits, Rosie, the hostess there is very friendly and helpful. The food is presented in a great way and the taste fantastic! The lounge is always tidy and clean.

Room Tip: The southside rooms are nice with the sun shining in and the suites are wonderful.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Rosie Conciense work at concierge lounge every night. When I walk in to the room she always welcome me and privide excellent service. She made custom very happy and feel that we stay at home. She has really good relationship with all customs. Also, she worked very hard. Many thanks to her for the great job!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Visitor_2012_11,

It is always nice to read about the great service that Rosie provided while you were at our hotel! As you know as a traveler anticipating guests needs can be difficult at times but Rosie just seems to know and remember each of her guest preferences, we hope to see you back in the near future and it was nice meeting you as well!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

after a long day it was great place to stay - away from the hustle of los angeles - allows you to unwind easily and Rose in Concierge was great - she was extra friendly and enjoyable to talk to - she was like meeting a long time friend....well worth the price

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Came here for Christmas holiday so we could go to the Getty for 2 days after visiting with family. Wer did upgrade and that was a real bonus as we also got breakfast vouchers in the deal, along with an executive room level.
The room itself was nice and in a decent locaton except for any top floor room in most hotels seem to have a BUZZING noise due to electrical equipment on the roof. I noticed this and asked the next day to change as we were going to be there 2 more nights. Even though we were told it was at a 40% occupnacy level when we checked in 12/25, they couldn't find a better room. I did see one room and it was way too small in comparison to the room we had, There was no buzzing noise but I decided to not hassle it and deal with it.

BTW, once we also turned on the heater which is REALLY loud, it took the buzzing away. LOL..

Houskeeping was sub standard as we found dirty glasses and or they didn't service out room when we were out and had to call for them to do it.

The breakfast was exceptional and the servers as well.

The some of the front desk are condescending and or not helpful. It was 7:00am and I had to wait until someone in front of me finished their business even though there were 2 other agents at the desk. On another occassion, I was having issues with the elevator getting stuck on a floor (8) and not moving on and also where I'd put the key card in and it would flash green & red. I inquired and they acted like I didn't know how to use the elevator. Do you want me to do it for you? No, I just want to know why it is acting like it is, maybe it needs to be serviced!

As others pointed out, this was a great location and it was nice to be in walking distance to restaurants to have dinner. Cheese Cake Factory, BJ's..

Room Tip: Don't pick a top floor if you are sensitive to motorized noises, i.e. heater, A/C..buzzing..
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Kat_919,
Thanks so much for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. While I am pleased that the hotel's location was convenient for your needs and I appreciate the great comments about your breakfast experience, I also want to apologize for the shortcomings that you encountered. We are investigating the roof noise you reported as well as the elevator buttons used for private access to the Concierge floors. We are also addressing the housekeeping and front desk concerns you relayed. Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to respond to and address your needs. I hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.
Kind regards,