“Never again...”

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Ranked #34 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 28, 2012

While I found. staff friendly and professional, rooms clean and prices competitive, I will never stay at this hotel again.
Why? The reason is simple - rooms are very noisy. They have this constant humm that drives me crazy at night and it can only be masked out by turning on their even louder AC unit...
Not for me....

• Stayed: September 2012
Nicole P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear ALYsandiego, Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I apologize that you were disturbed by noise in your room. If you decide to return, we would be happy to welcome you back and will place you in a quieter location. Thank you again for your comments.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I wanted to express my appreciate for superior service I recieved during my stay. Chai Kertenian, Rosie Concierge and Eduondo were very helpful deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent custom service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Visitor_2012_11, Thank you for your excellent comments on our staff Chai, Rosie and Eduardo! They are all very pleased to read your review. We agree, they are assets to our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stay at the Hilton Woodland Hills hotel every week (M-Th) for business, and I absolutely love it here. I am a young female business professional, and traveling every week does get tiring. But when I walk in the door on Monday evening (after a long day of tavel), the front desk receptionist Eduardo greets me with a huge smile and the most positive attitude in the world. Once I unpack, I go to Rosie (concierge) and she is also so friendly and kind. She always inquires about my weekend and asks how work is going. Both Rosie and Eduardo truly make me feel like Im at home at the Woodland Hills Hilton. In addition to an amazing hotel staff... the location is great too- there is a mall, movie theater, and tons of restaurants all within walking distance.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Babette S, director of food and beverage at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Kayla S,

It is always a pleasure to read about staff who make a guests stay most enjoyable but to hear about Eduardo and Rosie is fantastic. As a single traveler it is nice to know that our hotel and location is ideal for shopping, dining, etc. We look forward to your return visit and I just know that Eduardo and Rosie will greet you with a smile and a cold beverage waiting just for you!!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

When you enter, the hotel is nice and the front desk staff were adequately polite. It was shaping up to be another good, but not great hotel stay until I stopped by the concierge lounge. Rosie is amazing! She treats everyone like they are family which is so nice when you're away from home. Rosie let me know right away that all I had to do was ask for her, and she'd make sure I had anything I needed....and I believe her!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear LoveRosie,

Thank you for letting us know how Rosie make your stay extra special!! She was not kidding either as she truely cares about our hotel guests and goes the extra mile for you. I am delighted that you were able to meet her. Rosie and the rest of the staff look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I had stayed here once before when visiting my family so we knew to book an executive club room. We had free wi-fi and a very clean and comfortable room (although the a/c is too noisy to run at night, and it was over 100 degrees when we were there).

The food in the club, including breakfast and evening snacks, was very good. When the club was closed on the weekend, we were given vouchers for a free breakfast buffet at the lobby restaurant, which was good.

The hotel rates over the weekend (starting on Thursdays) are very reasonable, but are much too high for week days.

The parking charges are also too high: weekdays: $14 a day; weekends: $9 a day. You can park for free on Erwin Street, but it may be too long a walk late at night if you're on your own (although the area is safe).

We continually had problems getting the room keys to work in the elevators to access the executive floors and at the entrance to the club. Our validated parking ticket failed the first day (when we were paying $14 that day), stranding us at the barrier (with angry motorists behind us) and forcing us to get an attendant on the intercom, who managed to get us out after several minutes.

I'd have given this hotel a 5 star rating if I hadn't been irritated about the parking charges and getting stuck in the lot.

The food and drinks at BJ's Brewery next door are really good but the restaurant is always really crowded (and very noisy).

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor in the back, away from Canoga Ave, which can be noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear GJl-London,
Thank you for your feedback as we are always delighted when guests share their experiences with us so we can make any necessary changes. It was nice to read that your executive lounge experience was a positive one with the food but disappointed you had issues with the parking garage. We have since contacted the garage to address your issues and hope that it has been resolved in time for your next visit. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to your return visit to the valley.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

One night stay for husband and I. Really clean with REALLY comfy beds. Bathroom offered shampoo, conditioner, lotion, cotton swabs, and blow dryer. Nothing really over top about the place, stayed here because we scored a great deal on priceline for the night. Front desk personnel were friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with a window near or facing the street, you could hear the the motorcyclist pa...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adriana C

Dear Familia Cabezas - Thank you for your review of your stay, it is great that you enjoyed your night with us! We would be happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here with 4 other families on a Saturday night after our kids played football at Crespi High in Encino. We stayed on the "Executive floor" on floor 12. Had a few problems getting the key card to read in the elevator to get off on our floor. The other parties with us stayed on floor 11, we all received vouchers for the breakfast in the morning. I didn't notice a difference in size between rooms on the 11th and 12th floors. Some rooms had an adjoining door on the 11th floor, convenient so the boys could have their own room. Valet parking that night was $10, but I was aware of that ahead of time. The breakfast was excellent, huge buffet on Sunday morning. There is a Cheesecake Factory and a BJ's on each side of the hotel for dinner. Front desk was very pleasant, especially since we marched in with a bunch of smelly football boys :). The only minor issue is that I asked for more towels in the morning and they never brought them...Oh and NO pool or spa... boys were really looking for that!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Babette S, Director of Food & Beverage at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear JenniferA,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your boys' football game! We were glad to hear that all the families enjoyed their stay and found the surrounding area with plenty of choices for all including our breakfast buffet! We are all wondering though, if the boys won their football game? We look forward to your return visit when in the valley and once again thank you for taking the time to write a review on your travels with us. See you all soon!!