“Great business hotel, friendly staff, good places to eat nearby.”

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Ranked #44 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Florence, Italy
“Great business hotel, friendly staff, good places to eat nearby.”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Good business hotel for this part of town. Friendly staff, clean and quiet rooms, decent fitness room. Good places to eat nearby....Starbucks, Chinese/Japanese, Chipotle, Jamba Juice and a few more. Will stay here again if possible. Small hiccup is the access to the hotel if from a one way street so it may take a few turns to get in. And the parking garage is close and as always one pays to park nearly everywhere in busy CA. Enjoy

Room Tip: 713 is a room I like. King bed and view is OK but I'm more interested in quiet and convenient...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Nicole P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Arizonapopi - Thank you for your review of our hotel and comments on the friendliness of our staff. It is great that you took advantage of our proximity to many restaurants and Fitness Center. The hotel can be accessed by travelling north or south on Canoga, I apologize if the entrances were not marked clearly. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Hebrew first
las vegas
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed with my adult son on Thursday and Friday nights. On the plus side, it was a clean big comfortable well equipped room in a hotel in an affluent safe area. On the negative side we had two service issues. My son was travelling on business and his firm reserved Thursday night at the hotel's website rate of $179 plus taxes. I tagged along and we decided in advance to stay a second night. I went to the Hilton website the Wednesday before we arrived and saw that the rate for Friday night was $99 plus taxes. (This hotel mainly caters to business travelers; it's club lounge is closed on the weekend and the immediate is not a tourist area, although it is only several miles from great beaches.) Rather than make a second separate reservation for Friday night in my name and since I am Hilton Gold and my son is not, I called Hilton reservations and asked for the second night and could they combine both nights under my name so we would have Gold priviliges. At checkout the bill was $179 for both nights. When I went to the front desk to protest that I expected they would have given me the rate on the hotel website for Friday night I was at first told that it was $179/night for both nights since I made the reservation mid-week. When I replied with some irritation that the rate for Friday was $99 when I made the reservation for Friday night, the clerk printed out a new bill with the lower rate for Friday. I suppose I could have avoided this issue when I called in to reserve Friday night by confirming that I was getting their website rate, but I assumed that I would get the rate on their website w/o asking. (This was not a low-no cancellation pay in advance internet rate, but rather a standard rate.) The other service issue was the self-parking garage. The hotel validates the parking ticket so guests have in and out priviliges. However, when we tried to leave the garage the card wouldn't let us out Fortunately, there is a call button and someone comes quickly to straighten things out. Also, I think the garage elevator is slow to close the doors so it can announce that there is no cashier on the parking lot so parkers must pay in advance.
Because this is a pretty nice hotel in an upscale area only a few miles from some California beaches and because its weekend rates are quite low if you don't mind using your car in LA this hotel might be an excellent value for a tourist weekend. But if you want a hotel in a lively walking area, this is not it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Nicole P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear cruiser25 - Thank you for your review of your stay with us. It is helpful to receive guest feedback; we are always looking for ways to improve. I am pleased that when you brought the rate discrepancy to the Front Desk's attention, it was promptly corrected. Thank you for your feedback on the self parking; we do offer in and out access to the garage as well as an option to valet park. I apologize that you were not able to exit the garage with your ticket. I hope you enjoyed your stay overall and were able to take advantage of your Gold HHonors benefits. We would be happy to welcome you back if you return to the area!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Thank you Hilton Honors for a great stay! I had called HH because we were not happy with another hotel we had checked in and out of and needed assistance to find another Hilton property. They were great and after a while on the phone we were sent here.

My daughter and I stayed here for seven nights and never had a single problem! I was impressed right from the start when they had all the information right and all the billing straight. Since I was using points for a few nights, early pay on another few and discount nights I thought that the billing would be a nightmare. They were extremely efficient in every way and made it so easy to use all the discounts, hassle free!! I asked for a fridge in the room and when we got back from dinner it was in our room at no charge. The room was immaculate, the view of the mountains was great! The hotel is in a very nice area,and there is great shopping, The Nordstroms RACK omg that was fun, Starbucks, a mall, plenty of restaurants, and it's almost connected to the Cheesecake Factory. It was quiet, the beds were very comfortable.
There is no breakfast included and the restaurant was very pricey but we went out to breakfast or bought pastry for the morning, there is coffee & tea in the room. The rates were very reasonable, the staff was very friendly. Parking is very convenient in the connected parking garage and there's plenty of parking no matter what time you come in. They also offer valet if you need it.

I can't say enough about this hotel and will stay here again when we go back to LA.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the mountains is what we had and it was wonderful!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Nicole P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear JLEPennsylvania - How wonderful that you had an enjoyable, relaxing stay with your daughter! Providing outstanding, "hassle-free" service is our goal. I am pleased that you had such a nice time and that you will return when back in Los Angeles. Please contact me if there is anything I may assist you with for your next stay. Thank you for your great review!
San Pedro de Alcantara, Spain
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Very centrally situated in Woodland Hills on Canoga Avenue with
good, easy valet or self parking possibility in the adjacent multi storey parking
block (which incidentally has Tennis Courts on the roof).

Easy walking to the many Warner Centres, Westfield Shopping Mall,
Macy’s and numerous nearby restaurants, golf shops, electronic shops etc.

The Reception staff are polite and helpful and all look like Hollywood hopefuls.
Transport is provided free within a 3 mile radius. The rooms are spacious and
the windows fitted with a special sun filter glass which keeps the interior shaded and cool in summer. The bathrooms are fairly small but functional and
provide as one would expect bath accessories and a decent hairdryer which does a lot more than simply whisper.

The beds are comfortable and clean and there is enough hanging and drawer space even for a long sojourn, though a bit mean with the available hangers.
However there is an ironing board and iron for those planning on a longer stay.
Surprisingly there is no mini bar or fridge in the room, nor a Safe though there
is a safety deposit downstairs in the Reception area for valuables, a bit of a fag having to trek up and downstairs for access. Coffee and tea making facilities in the room and a Drink vending machine and Ice Distributor in the passage outside.

The Lifts are speedy but a bit temperamental about accepting room cards.
On the Lobby level a good breakfast is served in the restaurant and on the 14th Floor a less exciting choice for those with Hilton Honours cards.

Good wheel chair/baby stroller access. Pets accepted.

Room Tip: Rooms on both sides have city views, are large and very clean.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear scorpioLZ - We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great you were comfortable during your long-term stay, and were able to take advantage of our location, shuttle, and service. Thank you for your review, and I hope you will stay with us again if you return to the area!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stay here 3 to 4 times a month. It is always great. It is one of my favorite hotels. The staff and the facilities are always clean neat and well cared for. Any concerns or needs I might have are taken care of in an instant! I frequent the Executive Lounge in the evening for snacks and drinks. Rosie is the hostess and she really makes you feel at home with her warm personality. The lounge is always spotless and well stocked with food and drinks. The view is fantastic. I also have eaten at the restaurant on the ground floor and it is very good.
This is a great hotel. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. I have never had a bad one.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Babette S, Director of Food & Beverage at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Paul R,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read about staff who make our guests stay special. I am happy to pass your comments along to Rosie in the executive lounge and she will be pleased to read your review. In regards to the food and beverage we try to offer a variety of food options and glad the lounge and restaurant met your needs. We look forward to your return visit to the valley and to our hotel!!
Plano, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I always enjoy the breakfast buffet and the evening social in the concierge lounge. Special thanks to Rosie for making me feel right at home.

Gary L

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Nicole P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Gary L - It is great that you are able to relax and enjoy our Executive Lounge! Rosie is pleased to read your comments. I hope you will be able to return soon.
Kensington, Connecticut
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Nice Hotel. Very clean rooms, good price and nice location. Lobby area is welcoming and comfortable. Would recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room offers more open space.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tony L - I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel! Thank you for your review. Please contact me if there is anything we may assist you with on future stays. I hope you will return soon!