“Rooms were clean, service was terrible.”

Comfort Inn Near Warner Center
Ranked #170 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Rooms were clean, service was terrible.”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Started when are room keys had to be reprogramed the first night. It got worse. Breakfast was from 6:30 to 9:30, but if you weren't there by 9:00 you didn't get anything. The staff stop refilling breakfast items about 8:45.
On our second morning we discovered they had shorted us a bath towel. I went to the front to get one, but they were out. Housekeeping was supposed to deliver one in 5 mins. My wife finally had to dry off with a hand towel. The towel didn't show up for 45 mins.
The next night they shorted us again.

I would find someplace else to stay if I were you. I know I won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011
-RPHotelOwner, Owner at Comfort Inn Near Warner Center, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Hello, We are sorry you were not happy with your stay. Our breakfast is until 9:30 am, and is refilled up until that time. In fact we have larger selection then ever, including two types of waffles, eggs, and bacon or sausage. Also we have a dedicated breakfast hostess for the breakfast. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
California City, California
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here at the last minute one night while on business in the Warner Center area. Checking in, the young lady was really nice and gave me everything I needed. The room was small, and suited my needs. The fridge in the room did not work, though... and I'm not really sure the A/C worked very well either. Over all, though, it wasn't bad. In walking about the grounds, I noticed that some of the area looked a bit run down. The blinds in the housekeeping area were mangled, and quite visible for any of the guests walking by. That wasn't terribly attractive. The grounds were clean and pleasant, but "tight" because of the small space. Everything seems a bit cramped, including the walkways. This hotel is literally wedged between to 101 freeway and Ventura Blvd -- and that means lots of road noise. This really is the type of place you go when you just need a place to sleep -- so if noise bothers you, bring earplugs.

For me, though, the worst of the experience was the next morning. While I was getting dressed, the phone kept ringing and ringing. I picked it up a few times to find a dial tone. This continued for about 30 minutes... random ringing. When I mentioned it to the guy at the front desk, he was pretty rude about it, blowing me off. He said, "All calls come though here, lady, and there haven't been any. Are you sure you aren't hearing things?" Yeah, that went over well. It's a good thing I was on my out and didn't want to deal with it.

Breakfast was okay. Apparently, they've recently expanded their breakfast buffet to include hot bacon and eggs. The bacon was fine... but the eggs? YUCK! They are cooked from discs of salty yellow goo. Blech.

The price was okay, considering that most rooms in this area (during summer) tend to be pretty high, but I've certainly been in much nicer hotels for less. However, it's a nice place and the rooms are clean and have just about anything you'd need (hairdryer, iron/ironing board. microwave, fridge (if it works), etc. The free breakfast was okay, but avoid the nuked egg patties.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
-RPHotelOwner, Owner at Comfort Inn Near Warner Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We take your review very seriously, and it has been reviewed by our staff. We hope you visit us again, and see our improvements. Thank you again.
granada hills,ca
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Well I have been to this hotel in the past and it has always been nice but I recently went there with my young son and my husband and the room was nice everything was pretty clean and nice. What really grossed me out was when I went to the desk and I moved some food we had there a little roach was crawling around. Which had me freaked out all night since I had my young child with me. The blanket had a hole in it from someone smoking I guess. Other than that the place is nice. The staff was okay except she told me a price without taxes so I thought I was paying less. If I knew how much I was really paying I would have got a room at like a holiday inn or best western.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dreams42
-RPHotelOwner, Owner at Comfort Inn Near Warner Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
Dear Guest,
We have called our pest control company to inspect every room and address any issues. We take every complaint seriously. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Durring our stay I will say that the rooms were very clean. Yet there were nothing but issues from the start with the front desk staff. The first said she made our reservation, even giving me a confirmation number, which when we tried to look up, turned out to be false. Then, the air conditioning in our room failed, and the staff refused to move us even though they were virtually empty. When I spoke to the manager, he yelled at me claiming I was out of line to think I deserved to be relocated. Not only were we lied to by the staff, but also screamed at by them. Then, when it was time to check out, the front desk staff did not know how to do a manual check out when the computer system was down. All around, an unpleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lindalou555
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Just want to say a big thank you to the staff at the Comfort Inn!
We stayed for 4 nights and it was well worth the price..couldn't get any better!!
They upgraded us to the bigger room right across from the pool..room 108!
The room was very clean, the pool the right temperature and the breakfast in the morning was great.
I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!! We will be back next year!
THANK YOU!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Shivvy097
San Diego, CA
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We got a room here because it was close to a meeting we had scheduled and we needed something inexpensive and convenient. This hotel did meet the requirements. It's an old building but well maintained. The rooms had a rather sterile smell to them, very clean but not very appealing. The room, while small, did have a little 2-seater table, desk, armoire, fridge and microwave. Pretty good set up if you're in town on business and need to get stuff done. Add to that the free internet, free parking and free breakfast. Finding all of this together under $100 per night in the LA area is hard to do. So the room overall was decent, nothing to write home about. The bed was very firm, which works for us but some others may not be so happy. The street noise was not too bad all night but got a bit much around 6am. There is a Denny's right next door which has the best service (late-night) of any Denny's I've ever been to. Since we got in very late, we missed breakfast. In a pinch I'd stay here again, but it wouldn't be first choice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Madera, CA
Reviewed September 28, 2010

This was a perfect hotel for our traveling high school team. The staff could not have been more friendly. The rooms were nice and very clean. The free breakfast for the kids made it so easy for us too. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business