“a great value in an expensive town”

Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills
Ranked #95 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Louisville, Kentucky
“a great value in an expensive town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

the rooms were clean, the ease of access in and out better than the marriott at warner center, no overcharge for parking. a great value. the downside of all marriott properties is the lousy internet server, they should just change their provider, period.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MelOnWheels
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, September 27, 2014
Melonwheels–I am very happy to hear that you found our rooms clean and our property better than others in the area and a value. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. Thank you for also giving us feedback about our internet as we are always looking to improve and this helps us do so. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest for the opportunity presents itself.
Shannon Labbe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

If you have stayed in a Courtyard Marriott recently, this is par for the course. Nothing particularly unusual about it. I stayed here because of the location; I was attending a conference in Malibu and needed a place to stay for just 10 hours (I arrived late the night before the conference started). I do not think I would stay here again unless I was in the area for a particular reason.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank sarah7038
Sarah7038–Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in the area. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest for the opportunity presents itself.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Pro's

* Lovely property and clean
* Really nice and helpful staff
* Spacious room
* Fast wireless internet

Con's

* Too expensive at $200+/night
* Nothing is included, not even a bottle of water
* The bed is a bit soft and the shower temp. quite temperamental
* Desk chair isn't nearly supportive enough for extended use

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JackandJill1970
JackandJill1970– I am glad to hear that you were happy with your stay with us and you found us lovely, spacious and clean. Our rooms are all newly renovated as well as our lobby area with free internet throughout! I am also glad to see the staff was nice and helpful during your time with us. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. Thank you for also letting us know about some of your con’s as we continue to try and improve and your feedback helps. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I spent two nights recently at this hotel and I was happy with it overall with a couple of exceptions. The hotel looks as though it has been recently updated; the lobby area is attractive and inviting. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The rooms were typical Courtyard, however my room lacked a real closet, just a armoire. The bathroom was beautiful, with a huge stand-up shower, but the water pressure was awful! It took forever to wash the shampoo out of my hair! The location is very convenient for access to the freeways; about 20 minute drive to the Burbank airport. They charge $10.00 per day for parking, but there is street parking right next to the hotel for free after 8:00pm and all day on Sunday. A Trader Joe's is right across the street from the hotel and a large mall is within a two miles. I am a Gold Elite member with Marriott and this Courtyard was on par with the standard I am use to, other than the two items mentioned.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Linda M– I am glad to hear that you were happy with your stay with us and you found us well kept and clean. Our rooms are all newly renovated as well as our lobby area! We are located in a great central location close to local dining, shopping and LA tourist spots. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. Thank you for also letting us know about the pressure in your shower, we continue to try and improve and your feedback helps. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest.
Florence, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Liking this place more.
Decent hot food at small grill in lobby. Beer, wine, cocktails, tv at the bar.
Room 323 is well located in my opinion. Next to stairwell makes easy access to parking lot. Yes there is some freeway noise but not so bad. Two TVs, iron worked fine. Small fridge and micro.
Trader Joes right next door and Courtyard will open your wine. Whole Foods not far the other direction. Several small restaurants easily walked.
Freeway easy on easy off but Ventura not so busy in morning. Drive thru Starbucks at DeSoto behind gas station.
Plenty of outlets in room.
Made reservations several months out.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Arizonapopi1
Arizonaapopi– I am so happy to hear that liked our property! We are located in a great central location close to local dining, shopping and LA tourist spots. Our Bistro is open for Breakfast, Happy Hour and Dinner. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable memorable experience for all of our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. As the General Manager here I sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest.
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our family of three stayed two nights at this hotel in late April. The tall gentleman at the front desk was particularly outstanding, friendly and helpful. We were happy with our double Queen room and the hotel facilities overall. A fun afternoon was spent in the good-sized, very clean outdoor pool. The pool is in a grassed setting at the back of the property overlooking Hwy 101 and two parking lots. We felt this area could be creatively landscaped to provide some screening and further amenity for guests. Conveniently located next to Trader Joe's and a short walk to Whole Foods for fresh organic juice. After 5wks travelling, I thought it might be an idea to tidy up before travelling back home, so crossed the street to Hair Sanctuary. David was fantastic there! Basically everything you need, in one location!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Good Afternoon - I very happy to hear that you found the Courtyard Woodland Hills everything you needed and the team here friendly and helpful! We do have a great suburban location close to many local restaurants as well as Trader Joes and Whole Foods. Our large outdoor pool is a great place to cool off. We pride ourselves on making our guest experience comfortable and memorable! As the General Manager I thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review the property. We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Arlington, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed here on a recent trip[ to L.A. we chose this hotel for the location as we were doing things in Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, Malibu, and Universal Studios. It will still take a 30 minute trip to get to these places...except Santa Barbara which does take longer.

The hotel seemed to be redone recently and the rooms were fresh and clean. The hotel lies between a VW dealership and a Trader Joes so no picturesque views here. Pool closed on recent stay so no reviews available for that specifically.

There are limited food options available in the lobby which we we took advantage of...Starbucks, breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwiches made to order. Good portions at a reasonable price.

Parking is 10.00 per day as mentioned in other reviews...while there is metered parking on the street in the area there really is no reason why guests should not have free parking. All that is really needed is to have non guests pay a fee to discourage outside use while the hotel guests park for free. I can see why some gripe...but I am sure this is a source of revenue that the hortel does not want to pass up on.

Wi-Fi is provided free throughout the hotel which is convenient.

The only complaint I have is that the room we stayed in (615) seemed to have an old waterleak in the ceiling over the bathroom sink that had peeled paint hanging down and the ceiling was slightly bulged. Unfortunately, we had entered the room tired and unloaded luggage prior to using the restroom. We were too exhausted to pack up everything and request a new room. We did notify the front desk upon check out and hopefully they will address the issue prior to assigning the room to another guest as it was distracting and unslightly to look at each day.

The only reason I bring this up is I am a Marriot Rewards member and this stay was used with reward points. I have noticed a disturbing trend when using points for rooms...it seems that I get rooms next to the ice machine, elevator, or do not get rooms as reserved. A king bed will turn into 2 queen beds and a high floor request turns into a room by a pool with all the noise involved. So now everytime I check-in I have to specifically request no rooms by the elevator or no rooms by the ice machine at check in. Then after such requests to still get a room that has water damage and peeling paint (which should not have been issued to begin with) is irritating. After all it is not my duty to inform the front desk of such problems as I am pretty sure that other employees would have or should have noticed this. Sorry to rant. But I would love to talk to a hotel employee and no the "secrets" as to how these rooms get assigned!

All in all a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dutch_2006
Good Afternoon - I very happy to hear that you found the Courtyard Woodland Hills fresh andclean and our team here friendly and helpful! We do have a great suburban location close to many local restaurants as well as the 101 freeway for easy access while visiting some of Southern California’s attractions. Our Bistro is a great place to have Happy Hour as well as breakfast with a 24 hour Starbucks! Thank you for letting us know about the issue in room 615, we have looked into this and are correcting. I understand that you stayed using your Marriott points and am sorry you feel that you are given subpar rooms due to this. Please be assured that this is not the case. We pride ourselves on making our guest experience comfortable and memorable! As the General Manager I thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review the property. We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
BEST WESTERN Woodland Hills Inn
#87 of 349 in Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,142 reviews

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!