“Great choice for Woodland Hills” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills

Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills
Ranked #95 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Diego, California
“Great choice for Woodland Hills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here because we were visiting family just up the hill. It was the closest hotel at a good price. I wasn't "wowed" by reviews, and I think that this hotel deserves better. Our check-in was prompt and courteous. The room was extremely comfortable - I am very picky about bed comfort and room cleanliness. The bathroom was spotless. There is a Starbucks for coffee and a light breakfast in the lobby, and service was excellent. It is a small property so there is no large restaurant. I think that alcoholic drinks are served in the lobby, but we didn't take advantage of that so I cannot be certain. Near the elevator is a room with snack foods and light meals that can be heated up from frozen in a microwave. Very handy if you are traveling with children who suddenly decide that they are hungry. There is a Trader Joes just across the street (side street, not across Ventura Blvd). There is a charge for parking, so just plan on that. I think we paid $11 for parking.

We will definitely be staying here again. As long as the rates don't increase.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank upandaway99
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Upandaway99 ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Maanger here at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with is and was impressed with our cleanliness and Guest Service Staff. Our Bistro is open for dinner with a full bar from 5pm-10pm as well as for breakfast. Our Starbucks proudly serves all day long. We look forward to having you as our guest gain when visiting family.

Happy 2014 from all of us here at the Courtyard by Marriott ~ Woodland Hills!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel is great for a convenient, economical and friendly place to stay. We recently stayed while attending a nearby family function and were very pleased with the experience. Trader Joe's is next door and Whole Foods is about 2 blocks away so self serve meal options are easy. Several nearby restaurants within walking distance were recommended by hotel staff and each that we went to were exactly as described.

Parking is $10 per night, but that isn't unusual for California. The hotel was more than $10 cheaper than most of the alternatives so we just figured it into the room rate and rationalized that the parking was effectively free. A good deal for a recently renovated, but still basic, hotel in this area. I'd stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank des124
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Des124 ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager here at the Courtyard in Woodland Hills. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found our loaction so convenient. Our staff is not only the Friendliest but they are the local experts and I am happy their recommendations served you well! We look forward to having you as our guest again when you are in the area.

Happy New Year from all of us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills!
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I started out at a hotel in Calabasas, but had to leave due to many problems. My parents were staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, and they recommended I get a room there as well. I'm so glad I did! My room was extremely comfortable and clean, everything worked well (shower, a/c, Wi-Fi, etc.), and the people there are so friendly and pleasant. I will definitely stay here from now on when I'm visiting my sister in Woodland Hills.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor near the freeway, and it was still very quiet! And I'm a light s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Elie D
Eli D ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard in Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that you adn your parents enjoyed your stay with us and our staff treated you well. We look forward to having you again as our guest on your next visit to see your sister!

Happy New Year from all of us at the Courtyard Woodland Hills!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Have stayed here 3 times in the last year and have no complaints. Rooms are new, modern and clean. Staff is positive, friendly and helpful. Centrally located in the Valley and within walking distance of some good bars and places to get a bite to eat.

Only bummer is they added a parking barrier and had to start charging $10 a night for parking since commuters started parking in the lot so it hurt those of us legitimately staying at the hotel. There is on the street parking and metered parking that is cheaper but might be hard to get.

Right next door to Trader Joes and only a couple blocks from Whole Foods.

Definitely my go to hotel when I come to the Valley.

Room Tip: Park on the street. You can park all day on the back street for free - no meters - but only till 11p...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Kravid ~
My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager here at the Courtyard Woodland Hills. I wanted to Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review us. I am glad you have enjoyed our clean modern location! There are many great places to eat and enjoy around us! I am also pleased to hear our team treated you well. I am sorry you are diappointed with the parking fee. Parking is at a premium and we do pass along a discount to our guests. We appreciate your loyality and look forward to having you again as our guest!
Rocklin ,CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Finally, a clean modern hotel room that I can rest my feet. The Courtyard Marriott Woodland Hills is not a hotel to write home about. But for a business traveler, it offers a comfortable and clean place to rest up for the next day’s challenges.

I have stayed at the Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills and Radisson Chatsworth. Both are nice hotels but each has its drawbacks. Warner Center Marriott charges $25/ night for parking and Radisson has unusable internet speeds. This Courtyard does charge $10/night for parking but at least the internet is free. Now, if they waived the $10/night parking, I'd give them 5 stars.

I was happy to find this Courtyard Marriott. It’s right by the freeway for easy access and next door to Trader Joes and Whole Foods. The bad part is it’s right by a freeway so you can hear the traffic if you’re a light sleeper. The rooms are well insulated and with the A/C fan blowing, you don’t hear much.

I have a standard king size room and was pleasantly surprised at the clean modern look. The room is a standard size room with a desk, sofa, and a small refrigerator. The bathroom is of standard size but with marble counter and shower. I like to décor of the rooms. They are very comfortable and clean (a must have for me).

This hotel does have a fitness room which has trend mills, elliptical, and free weights. All the equipment looks new with TV’s and water in the fitness center. The fitness center is about the size of a standard room and looks out into the parking lot. There is an outdoor pool that’s heated but I didn’t try it.

As with most Courtyards, there’s a Starbucks in the lobby which serves a decent breakfast or just coffee.

I would return to this hotel for business travel. The rates varied by season but were reasonable for the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank whereisluck
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Whereisluck ~

My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Woodland Hills. I am so glad you found us! Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you liked our location and it's ease of access to the freeway and local establishments. We strive to provide a clean comfortable experience in our newly renovated suites. We look forward to having us with us again in the future!
toledo, oh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here for almost 2 weeks in October. Came in for the birth of my first grandchild, and my daughter and her husband live in Encino. (no hotels there at all).
This is centrally located for this valley area. Close to Freeway, lots of various restaurants and services in the area. Right next door is a Traders Joe. Good place to stock up on snacks/drinks.
I do like that the hotel has a discounted longer term rate if stay at least a week.
The lobby is the newer Courtyard concept. I like the limited, but nice selection food menu with fresh made items. Also Starbucks products and in evening a full bar.
Nice little gym that I did use.
Pool area is good too, although we did not make it out there this trip.
We had a renovated room, so it had the usual Courtyard amenities.
The couple negatives, no room safe would be nice and paying for parking should be done away with. Very few people would be without a car at this location.
The staff was very polite and the managers on duty very attentive.

I know we will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank toltom
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
My Name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is much appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. While we do not have in room safes we do have secure lock boxes at the Guest Services desk and would be happy to assist you with this in the future. Parking is at a premium at our location, even the streets are metered. Our parking fee is discounted for guests to $10 from $25. We look forward to having you again as our guests!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stay here when I am in the area on business. The rooms are typical Marriott decor. I always like the beds. My problem with this hotel is that it is not keeping up with maintenance. this is a managemnet issue. Our shower leaked and the grout around the tub was fixed by putting some caulking over the black mildew instead of taking the old grout out and doing it properly. No hotel should have black mold in the shower and especially not a marriott. They have a yes pet policy which was not done properly. Pets are supposed to be on the 3 floor but we had one on our floor that was barking while we were trying to take a nap before going to dinner. I mentioned it to the front desk but I get the feeling the management of this hotel is a bit to relaxed about making it a 4 star property and it's a pity as it's a great location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank anna s
Anna S~
My name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard by Marriott in Woodland Hills. I have read your review and believe that you may have the wrong hotel, there are several Marriott’s in our area. There are several thing you point out that do not match the Courtyard in Woodland Hills. The majority of our rooms have an updated glass shower in lieu of traditional bathtubs and we are newly renovated. We also do not allow pets nor have a floor designated to them. There is another Marriott in the area that does permit pets. Regardless, I am sorry you experienced any inconvenience at a Marriott and I do invite you to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
BEST WESTERN Woodland Hills Inn
#85 of 349 in Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Comfort Inn Near Warner Center
#184 of 349 in Los Angeles

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!