“Friendly staff, great access to area. ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills

Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills
Ranked #97 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Friendly staff, great access to area. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Everone was really friendly and hotel had a modern fitness center. Next to Trader Joes and easy access to highway. Room was clean and roomy. I would return when staying in the area. Wifi was free and the onsite business center was useful. Heidi in reception was very nice and professional.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott D
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Scott D ~

My Name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is much appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for also highlighting Heidi from our Guest Services Team. We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place is a great stay. The hotel is brand new and in a great location. The staff was super friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Just 20 minutes (on a good day) on the 101 puts you in Hollywood. There is a trader joes right next door for quick (but healthy) food and also wine. I bought a chilled bottle of Riesling for $9.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mrbynum
Mrbynum~

My Name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is much appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to having you as our guest again!
Langholm, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great location for our 2-night stay in LA. Lovely comfy beds, and fluffy towels. Small gym but ample for a quick workout....
Really pleasant staff.. Would definitely stay again :)
25-30 mins drive to Santa Monica beach and Beverly Hills / Hollywood.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
LynH ~

Winter Park, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Love it when I don't have high expectations and hotel wows me! We were just coming off of a 7 night fabulous vacation in the Desert and were joining family for an event the last weekend of our stay out West (we're from the East coast.) I was not looking forward to being in LA and the fact that this hotel was as nice as it was, was very welcome. Of course the hotel was recently converted from a Holiday Inn to a Courtyard so it is still in excellent condition with all the modern touches - beautifully appointed bathroom and bedroom. Super comfy bed and the pull out sofa was remarkably comfortable for my son, who ended up getting a fever (and we were stuck in the room all weekend.) Thank goodness there was a Trader Joe's next door and we were able to heat up food in the lobby microwave while we were stuck in the room. The room was very small, but it was fine for my little family of 3 one, because it was so clean and two, every inch of the room was used and perfectly equipped with storage and shelves. The pool was awesome and we're from Florida. Towels abundant and plenty of shade. Public areas of the hotel were also very nicely decorated, but I didn't understand why the food establishment served sandwiches, but not at lunch time. Only breakfast and dinner served. Love the free WiFi and the nice flat screen TV in the room. Hotel is in a good location near the dreaded freeways. My only complaint was we ran into a terribly wasted person on our way out in the morning - she was entering the elevator with some guys that had to hold her up. Not what I really needed my son to see. It's one of the reasons I don't like coming to LA - I just hope that when she tossed her cookies, the hotel quickly cleaned it up and that the hotel remains as clean as it is now knowing this happens on a regular basis. I will come back to the Courtyard Woodland Hills, IF if I have to be in this past of LA again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MHDom
MHDom ~

My Name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review us in such detail! Your feedback is much appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I do apologize for the less than desirable young woman you encountered and assure you any mess was cleaned! We look forward to having you as our guest again IF you have to be in LA!
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have spent this entire week here at the Marriott Courtyard and have really enjoyed it. This is an upscale, newly renovated hotel catering to the Business Crowd that needs to be adjacent to Warner Center, Westlake Village and/or Malibu. It’s less than a year old and they did a really nice job updating an old Holiday Inn to make a new and very contemporary spot for travelers.

I stay here in Woodland Hills 2 days per week during the school year. I was staying in Calabasas but they closed and sold the hotel that we called home for over 4 years. It’s open again BUT I have chosen not to pay a very large increase to go back to what is essentially just the new owners redecorating the same old rooms. This year, we stay at the Holiday Inn Express and I highly recommend it to anyone that needs to be in this area. The decision to stay here at the Marriott this week was purely financial- a 5 day stay paid for entirely by Marriott Rewards. People- if you travel- JOIN THE REWARDS PROGRAMS! We are so glad it worked out cuz we really like this place!

The rooms are very nice, not large but large enough. As I said, this is very newly renovated (as in less than a year ago) and they did a beautiful job. The beds are comfortable with good pillows (yaaay!) and nice linens. The bathrooms are nice with a great shower (NO TUB in our room… if that’s what you require, you may be out of luck) that has decent water pressure and an adjustable shower head. Paul Mitchell toiletries are provided.

They do provide Free Wi-Fi in the rooms and everywhere on the property. Again, this is for the business crowd so there is quite a large area devoted to computers and printers for Guests to use and they even provide miscellaneous office supplies.

If you are looking to eat on the property, there is a Bistro including a Full Bar. Thing is- it is VERY pricey. You can have Breakfast OR Dinner but we are talkin’ $8 French Toast ….ugh. There is also a small “Market” that includes $7 pints of Ice Cream. I must say that the kids and I did NOT bother to eat here. There are just so many really good restaurants all around this area. I can see if you are staying here and don’t care to go off property or maybe you are having a dinner meeting at the hotel -in those cases, I’m sure it’s great. If you have transportation, you will probably be better off to just go out to eat. Trader Joe’s is across the street as well if you need groceries.

There is a great fitness room- used it 3 times the week! Free weights, exercise balls and new treadmills, bike and an elliptical. There is also a really nice pool in the back. They have comfortable outdoor seating areas as well.

The ONLY thing that put me off about this hotel is the parking situation. This is THE VALLEY. The idea of paying $10 per day/per car to park in an open lot is ludicrous !! No underground parking structure, no Security Guard- just an open lot. There is NO WAY you should have to pay to park in this Suburban area, where free parking is EVERYWHERE else. You can park on the street with Metered Parking or try other spots or lots in the next block or so. I hope they rethink this policy…. none of the other small hotels in this area charge to park.

We really enjoyed our stay here. It’s clean, well appointed and has a really friendly, helpful staff. Give it a try if you need West Valley accommodations, I think you'll like it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th Floor- it was quiet and had a nice view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EBJ11
EBJ 11 ~

My Name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review us in such detail. Your feedback is much appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and the area. Parking is at a premium at our location, and the streets are metered as you mentioned. Our parking fee is discounted for guests to $10 from $25 as a courtesy. We look forward to having you again as our guests!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Checked in planning on staying 4 days but stayed a week. Front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. Great location since it was easy access to freeway. Great cafe in the hotel with wonderful food. I will stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
Ruggydog ~

Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Sherman Oaks Marriott-staff was very friendly. Rooms are reliably clean and comfortable. We had breakfast at the cafe and it was pretty good. I was there on personal business and the location and price was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pushing50_12 ~

My Name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is much appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I do apologize for any inconvenience with a smell and housekeeping services. Reviews such as your help us to improve. We look forward to having you as our guest again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
BEST WESTERN Woodland Hills Inn
#87 of 348 in Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Comfort Inn Near Warner Center
#185 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!