“Great Spot for West Valley Travelers !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills

Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills
Ranked #95 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Great Spot for West Valley Travelers !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have spent this entire week here at the Marriott Courtyard and have really enjoyed it. This is an upscale, newly renovated hotel catering to the Business Crowd that needs to be adjacent to Warner Center, Westlake Village and/or Malibu. It’s less than a year old and they did a really nice job updating an old Holiday Inn to make a new and very contemporary spot for travelers.

I stay here in Woodland Hills 2 days per week during the school year. I was staying in Calabasas but they closed and sold the hotel that we called home for over 4 years. It’s open again BUT I have chosen not to pay a very large increase to go back to what is essentially just the new owners redecorating the same old rooms. This year, we stay at the Holiday Inn Express and I highly recommend it to anyone that needs to be in this area. The decision to stay here at the Marriott this week was purely financial- a 5 day stay paid for entirely by Marriott Rewards. People- if you travel- JOIN THE REWARDS PROGRAMS! We are so glad it worked out cuz we really like this place!

The rooms are very nice, not large but large enough. As I said, this is very newly renovated (as in less than a year ago) and they did a beautiful job. The beds are comfortable with good pillows (yaaay!) and nice linens. The bathrooms are nice with a great shower (NO TUB in our room… if that’s what you require, you may be out of luck) that has decent water pressure and an adjustable shower head. Paul Mitchell toiletries are provided.

They do provide Free Wi-Fi in the rooms and everywhere on the property. Again, this is for the business crowd so there is quite a large area devoted to computers and printers for Guests to use and they even provide miscellaneous office supplies.

If you are looking to eat on the property, there is a Bistro including a Full Bar. Thing is- it is VERY pricey. You can have Breakfast OR Dinner but we are talkin’ $8 French Toast ….ugh. There is also a small “Market” that includes $7 pints of Ice Cream. I must say that the kids and I did NOT bother to eat here. There are just so many really good restaurants all around this area. I can see if you are staying here and don’t care to go off property or maybe you are having a dinner meeting at the hotel -in those cases, I’m sure it’s great. If you have transportation, you will probably be better off to just go out to eat. Trader Joe’s is across the street as well if you need groceries.

There is a great fitness room- used it 3 times the week! Free weights, exercise balls and new treadmills, bike and an elliptical. There is also a really nice pool in the back. They have comfortable outdoor seating areas as well.

The ONLY thing that put me off about this hotel is the parking situation. This is THE VALLEY. The idea of paying $10 per day/per car to park in an open lot is ludicrous !! No underground parking structure, no Security Guard- just an open lot. There is NO WAY you should have to pay to park in this Suburban area, where free parking is EVERYWHERE else. You can park on the street with Metered Parking or try other spots or lots in the next block or so. I hope they rethink this policy…. none of the other small hotels in this area charge to park.

We really enjoyed our stay here. It’s clean, well appointed and has a really friendly, helpful staff. Give it a try if you need West Valley accommodations, I think you'll like it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th Floor- it was quiet and had a nice view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EBJ11
Shannon L, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
EBJ 11 ~

My Name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review us in such detail. Your feedback is much appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and the area. Parking is at a premium at our location, and the streets are metered as you mentioned. Our parking fee is discounted for guests to $10 from $25 as a courtesy. We look forward to having you again as our guests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Checked in planning on staying 4 days but stayed a week. Front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. Great location since it was easy access to freeway. Great cafe in the hotel with wonderful food. I will stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
Ruggydog ~

My Name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is much appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to having you as our guest again!
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Sherman Oaks Marriott-staff was very friendly. Rooms are reliably clean and comfortable. We had breakfast at the cafe and it was pretty good. I was there on personal business and the location and price was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pushing50_12 ~

My Name is Shannon and I am the General Manager at the Courtyard by Marriott Woodland Hills. I want to thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is much appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. I do apologize for any inconvenience with a smell and housekeeping services. Reviews such as your help us to improve. We look forward to having you as our guest again!
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here 5 night while on a business trip last week. The staff were welcoming, warm, friendly and very helpful. They always wished us a good day as we left and welcomed us when we returned. When away from home and staying in a hotel, it's a nice touch. The room was spacious and very clean. It had the usual amenities including a fridge and toiletries. LOVED the beautiful tiled shower that had nice hot water every time. The bed was very comfy and the large TV was nice. Trader Joe's is right next door made it nice to get extra snacks for the week. Some good restaurants within walking distance. Whole Foods just 3 blocks away. If there was any negatives it would be that the had a slightly musty smell. Not sure if it was from the carpet or air conditioner. Not over powering, but noticeable. The other is that housecleaning did not empty all of my garbage cans every day. I had left over food in them that really should have been discarded. But overall, I very much enjoyed my stay and will stay again if I have business in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to front of the hotel. A major highway is adjacent to the rear of the hotel an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This property was recently renovated and is quite nice for a basic Marriott Courtyard. Service was excellent and overall the property was a very good value. I usually stay in 4 star properties and was a little hesitant, but President Obama had taken over the Hilton where I usually stay. I wasn't disappointed and would stay there again if the price was right. I booked through Hotels.com.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cave Creek, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel is overpriced for being an older hotel in an older part of town but the room was ok. After we left and got back to Phoenix we realized we left our phone charger hooked up next to the bed. My wife called and gave all the info and they said they would call her back. The next day and still no call, my wife calls again and talked to a guy that was really nice and said they would send it out. She asked if there would be a charge (which there shouldn't be after $600+ for 3 nights) and he said no. The very next day, my wife gets a call and they only ship FED-EX and it would cost us $21. We told them to keep it and we'll get a new one at Walmart or Amazon at half that cost.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mickey W
Los Angeles, Calif. USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We recently stayed the holiday at this hotel. The rooms are nice with a balcony to view the fireworks across the park.It's a fun one day splurge. I think the prices are too much but it was a special event. Otherwise you have to sit in the park and hassle the hugh crowd and street parking is horrible. The rooms are okay but nothing special. But it was quiet after the fireworks and I enjoyed the evening. The pillows are two sizes. A few large ones and the smaller softer ones. I prefer the later. We always get a room with a full fireworks view on whats called the mountain view. I like to stay on the East wing for the best unobstructed view. I always stay on a floor between 10 and 15 for the fireworks to be in their glory. The bar downstairs has a pool and plenty of action leading up to the 9pm show. Across the street in a mall with Ruth Chris and PF Changs plus many other choices. It's the best 4th ever to sit out on your own balcony and enjoy your own private fireworks show. Great fun!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
BEST WESTERN Woodland Hills Inn
#85 of 349 in Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Comfort Inn Near Warner Center
#184 of 349 in Los Angeles

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!