“They stole from me!!!”

Best Western Woodland Hills Inn
Ranked #79 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 5, 2008

I left the HOTEL to do some work, and when I came back in a few hours the maid was cleaning the room. I asked "what are you doing"? She said your gchecked out, its 11:30 and you checked out. (checkout time is 12:00). She then told me that the front desK told her that I had gone and she cleaned out my room and threw all my things away, I had 5 large candles I just bought for the Jacuzzi, clothes and a bowl full of mints and fruit!

When I asked WHY? THEY SAID, WE ARE NOT SURE why she threw them away, but we did not see them in the room,,, AND I TOLD THEM, I still need the room, she said I rented it to someone else! EVEN THOUGH I had a revervation for a week there.

I would never make a revervation or recommend this property to anyone else,, stay away from this property, they laughed in my face that my things were throw in the garbage and did not reimburse me at all...

BAD BAD PLACE

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank BethanyLosAngeles

Reviewed May 6, 2008

This property left a lot to be desired. I had arranged for a suite with 2 queen beds anticipating it would be similar to a place we had stayed in Anaheim - 2 separate rooms with a bed in each room and a separate sitting area with kitchen amenities. I was wrong . . . it is one typical hotel room with two queen beds next to each other and a half room with a small hide-a-bed, tv, and wet bar. When we arrived, we were told the people who had occupied the room the night before had extended their stay another night, so we were offered one room with two queen beds or two rooms and hotel staff would move us the following day. We chose the one room. The beds were like rocks! I've never slept on such hard mattresses!!

The next day the hotel staff moved our belongings into the suite while we were out, but didn't move my daughter's pillow. When we realized it wasn't there, the person at the front desk wasn't able to help us because he said he was the only person on duty and that he would have to contact the housekeeping staff who had all gone home at this point. We also needed a toothbrush which they advertised as being a complementary service if you forgot yours, but we were told they were all out. We also had problems with the internet cable - it worked in one room, but not the other. Again, the person at the front desk wasn't able to help us.

Fortunately, there was a shift change and the next front desk person was able to explain that the internet cable only worked in one room and they retrieved the missing pillow. We went out and bought our own toothbrush.

The location of the hotel is right on Ventura Blvd. - a VERY BUSY street - and you are only allowed to make a right turn when leaving the hotel. This is definitely a disadvantage if you need to go the opposite direction. There is a side gate to the parking lot, which would allow you access to points west, but it is locked shut. The property should install something in the ground which would open it when a car approached from the inside for the convenience of its guests!

A couple more comments - the mattresses in the suite were a little softer, but by the end of our stay, my body ached from sleeping in the bed. The mattress on the hide-a-bed was very thin and when my daughter laid on it, she felt the bar right through it. She ended up sleeping on it as a couch. AND the water temp in the shower was either hot or scalding! There was no cold water!

I must say the price of the room and the fact they offered a suite with 2 queen beds was the reason I chose this property. It wasn't worth it. I wouldn't stay here again.

Sorry Best Western. I've had better.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Stayed in the hotel for almost a week-great place and can not beat the price plus location
Rooms are nice and clean, continental breakfast served, TV , Internet connection, very clean bathroom
they have pool and hot tub - great!
hotel looks like Spanish house - very warm feeling
clerks are friendly
they even have laundry-shall you run out of clean clothes
15 miles away from Malibu

Great place!
Would stay there again

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed March 23, 2008

Motel-ish but clean on Ventura Blvd in Woodland Hills, CA. Just wanted rest and a few hours sleep before returning home to San Diego after a big family get together. Snuggle, late night TV, then blitz, NO TV signal, called front desk, a "Communication problem", offered my snoring husband in return! Vacated premises early AM, still a failure to communicate with TV.

Advise- Spend an extra $20.00 per night to get what you should have, it's worth it!

W.Parker

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2008

We stayed here 3/11-3/15 for a family funeral, as did several other family members. The hotel was very clean, looked recently renovated, had everything we could have needed and was more than adequate. I am totally astonished that anyone could suggest that the area is "scary". It's a typical Valley street with a shopping center directly across the street with Jerry's Deli (great), Coffee Bean and Jamba Juice. The proximity to everything was great. The only drawback was the small parking lot-we always managed to get a spot, but it was tight. I would definitely stay here again-hopefully for a happier occasion.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2008

Having read some of the reviews, I was wary of booking this Best Western, but I am glad I did. One doesn't have to go far to find any kind of store and it's NOT a shady neighborhood. The place itself is clean if not overly spacious. Who comes on vacation to spend time in the room? The desk clerks are very friendly and accommodating and the free breakfast is more than sufficient to get you started in the morning. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2007

I stayed at this hotel because we were working nearby.I normally like to stay at 4 or 5 star hotels but this was for work.It looked like it has just been remodeled and they did a great job.Its a very clean hotel and its pretty cheap.We paid $114 a night.If you have to stay in woodland hills this is a pretty good place.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business