Hilgard House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Plaza La Reina(Los Angeles)
Century Wilshire(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
UCLA Guest House(Los Angeles)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsucla campuswestwood villagefree parkinggetty museummed centerwithin walking distancecontinental breakfast isnice bathstandard amenitieshotel garageexcellent locationnice place to staygood sizestay there againbed was comfortablebusiness centerbeverly hills
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner for 4nights. After reading reviews it was a very good hotel, quite excellent location.
We was not impressed a tall.
Room was ok. Old fashioned.
Very noisy air conditioning. You could hear people walking in the corridors. Was woken up a few times during the nights.
Hotel across the road 'W' was very noisy at all different times day and night! We could hear everything in our room! Didn't sleep very well due to noise.
Plus the shower would change temperature all the time hot then cold.
Breakfast was ridiculous - ive never known anything like it, we went to the lobby thinking we'd have a breakfast room. What all hotels should have serving food/ breakfast.
But NO it's in the reception area (lobby) - on the side was a toaster, bread, muffins drinks etc.
No plates! Plastic cutlery.
Then once we got our toast we had to sit in the front of the hotel where guests were walking in.
I was embarrassed and wouldn't call it a continental breakfast.
We ended up eating breakfast out. Which was another added expense to our stay.
Didn't find staff friendly or helpful in anyway. Didn't feel welcomed.
Overall I wouldn't recommend staying here. Choose somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank nikki1b
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Well, I pulled into the first level parking garage only to find the garage full thus forcing me to make multiple 3 point turns to get out. Once I was out of the first level garage, I then had to do many 3 point turns again, to make the sharp turn down the very steep ONE WAY driveway to the basement parking.

When I was waiting for the VERY slow elevator I read a sign (that I posted on this website), stating there are HARMFUL CHEMICALS in the building that can cause CANCER and BIRTH DEFECTS! So, I get to the front desk and was met by a VERY nice and helpful girl.

I went to my room, and ,Well, as soon as I walked into my room, I noticed a humidifer that was put there to filter the smelly musky old room and MAYBE the HARMFUL CHEMICALS. This is the first time I have ever seen a ceiling fan in a hotel room. The privacy blinds on the window are not very user friendly and almost came off the wall when I was attempting to close them for privacy.

I pulled back the old comforter, only to find hair clinging to it. Needless to say, I threw the comforter on the ground. The carpet is gross and dirty and I wore my heels around the room.

The location was perfect for my bussiness trip to UCLA. But I WONT ever stay here again. I moving onto another location for my future bussiness trips.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank KimK729
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just to echo previous comments on this site: great location in Westwood on the edge of the UCLA campus, friendly and helpful reception staff, fruit and hot drinks always available, rooms very decent but deserve a future refurb. Good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Chris B
Reviewed January 1, 2013

For us the great attraction of this hotel was its location right in Westwood village, where within a 5 minute walk there are all kinds of shops and restaurants. The room was fine: clean and adequate. As so often, the 'continental' breakfast is better skipped but at least there was fresh fruit. The room rate is very reasonable for LA and parking is included in the price of the room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gvmnm
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The guesthouse at UCLA was being renovated, so this was my alternative. Close into Westwood, Peet's, etc. on the northside of campus. The room was a bit tired, but comfortable, and the parking was a real plus here. Friendly and efficient staff, a basic offering for a continental breakfast in the lobby.

Room Tip: My room overlooked Hilgard, maybe some are in the back, away from the street?
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo