All reviews free parking ucla campus great location continental breakfast within walking distance pancake machine apartment building parking is tight kitchen area santa monica comfortable beds rental car living room small hotel mini fridge definitely stay here again yogurt
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Booked a five night stay to visit our daughter who is attending graduate school at UCLA. Room was clean but showed noticeable signs of age and wear. Found our booked room with a queen size bed actually to be a full size bed with a queen size headboard. Breakfast was included but the breakfast room is very small and cramped with too many tables for the size of the room. Plenty of carbs available for breakfast(cereal, pancakes, bagels, danish, etc.) but very little protein other than boiled eggs to choose from. Parking was also included but was very limited and quite cramped for space. Staff and management were friendly and helpful but we will probably will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Confirm the size of the bed when making your reservation.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Mark B, Manager at Royal Palace Westwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Thank for taking the time to review your stay at the Royal Palace Westwood Hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay with us. Your feedback is important as we take it serious and it allows us to get better. Once again, please accept my apology and look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations if you would us another try during your next visit to Los Angeles.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

the room was smaller than expected from other reviews on this site. not many facilities. The breakfast was ok but nothing special here. the parking was incuded and that is good for a hotel central LA.

Stayed: July 2018
Mark B, Manager at Royal Palace Westwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear Jtjkz,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of each and every guest. I apologize we were not able to do this with your stay. Most of the rooms at the hotel are on the larger side. I am sorry we were not able to accommodate you with one of these rooms. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next stay in Los Angeles. We feel the Royal Palace Westwood offers one of the best values in all of Los Angeles, (great location that is two blocks from UCLA, free parking, complimentary continental breakfast, complimentary internet access, etc).

Reviewed June 13, 2018

Clean and large rooms in one of the best neighborhoods of LA, close to museums, parks and easy to reach, staff is friendly, breakfast is ok even if it could be improved by adding fresh food. I stayed for over a week and everything was fine.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

I traveled across the country and was grateful to be able to check in early. I stayed in 215 which is the largest (115 and 315 I’m sure is similar ) suite in the hotel. Rooms are irregularly shaped as per the hotel map. I would avoid rooms 114,214,314 very small. My suite was the size of a small apartment.
Kitchen, minimally equipped but adequate, eating area, sofa and tv, large updated bathroom and comfortable bedroom. Clean and had iron, room safe, and balcony with chairs. Breakfast is light continental but open all the time so you can use utensils, etc.
Sometimes you need a place to sleep in and other times a small home away from home. This is the place. Centrally located in Westwood Village. Excellent for UCLA parents and alum, walking to great restaurants (Skylight gardens) and shops. My son is in Brentwood- Santa Monica and this was close by and reasonable in price and I didn’t need to get on the traffic infested major highways to visit.
Parking is narrow, double parked and minimal but not terrible- normal for LA. Really a typical small boutique hotel, not fancy but clean, nice location and all you need for a home base.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank lorideeg
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Stayed with my husband and little boy for about 10 nights. We initially only booked for 3 nights but was so in love with our room (suite) we kept on extending until after my surgery.

It’s really a great hotel. It exceeded all my husband and my expectation. Great location, very near UCLA so great for all those going for medical treatment (like me). There’s a couple of grocery shops nearby like Ralph’s and Trader Joe’s as well Target. Denny’s Diner is just beside the hotel too.

It’s very clean, the rooms, and quite spacious as well. The suite room we had was amazing. It even have an oven if we wanted to bake something. The room also comes complete with all the cooking and basic utensils needed so really good for long term stay.

I like how the suite room was configured because the bedroom was separate and there’s another area for the living room was, great for me while I was recovering after the surgery as my little boy and husband could be relaxing and watching tv but didn’t really disturbed me.

They also had complimentary continental breakfast which was great as my boy wakes up early and hungry.

The staff at the reception are very very helpful and they were always able to accommodate our needs, requests for extensions and even let us print some papers for free at the reception. One of the receptionist Shirl assisted my husband with my little boy when we came back after my surgery as my husband had his hands full with me. Thank you so much Shirl. Didn’t really get to thank her in person as she wasn’t on duty when we checked out a few days later.

All in all, we had a really great stay in the hotel and will definitely come back for sure whenever we are in LA. Couldn’t stay anywhere else after staying here.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Mark B, Manager at Royal Palace Westwood, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

Thank you for letting us know that your stay exceeded all of your expectations. I will let Chyrl know that you said thanks and appreciated all of her help. Thank you for your business and we look forward to exceeding your expectations once again on your next visit to Los Angeles. Finally, best wishes on your recovery from your surgery.