All reviewsmormon templedirectly across the streetfree breakfastreasonable ratesyogurtnoisy at nightcomfortable bedbudget hotelup to dateconvenient locationwestwoodnoiseboulevardwallpaperneighborhood
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Rooms: small, smelly, asked for two beds, got only one. Gave me the room next to the laundry service, told me they quit at 5pm so I wouldn't be bothered by noise. WRONG! Noise continued all night long, exacerbated by the proximity to the traffic.

Parking: 4 spots in front, more in back but not very secure.

Service: Not overly friendly, left two items in the room, called the next day, was told to call back in an hour. Called back, and they said the maid never saw my jacket or phone charger.

Price: for the price I did not expect the Taj Mahal, but I do expect cleanliness and to feel secure, neither of which happened. I would not stay here again if it were free.

Room Tip: My tip is DON'T stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Redpatch7
Jeff S, General Manager at Good Nite Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

I am sorry that we were not able to upgrade you to a two bed room as requested, but as we have a very limited number, and none were available at the time you booked your stay, the only way we could have accommodate your request was if we received a cancellation. Regarding the laundry, this is the first that we have heard of it disturbing a guest (especially at night) as the staff goes home at 5 pm daily, all our equipment runs manually, not automated, so every piece of equipment is shut down for safety reasons prior to closing the laundry for the night. Missing items, or items left behind are common, we do have a dedicated associate who's job it is to reunite articles with there rightful owners, we mail many items each week that either we discover or guest inform us that they left behind, in rare circumstances, items do seem to disappear, kinda like the lost sock syndrome, I know I put two in..only one came out ?? We do take all comments to heart, look at where we can improve, as our intentions are to deliver exceptional guest service and satisfaction to each and every guest, past. present & future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed here because of the reasonable price and was a little let down by the feel of this hotel. I planned on staying 10 nights but checked out after the first, since I didn't feel very secure there. The rooms all open to the street, it's noisy and run down, with a musty smell in the room.

It was OK for one night but I won't stay there in the future since I found better rates (UCLA discounts) at nicer hotels in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank hayoka
Management response:Responded July 26, 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We are making strives to improve guest experiences, and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great location between Santa Monica Pier and the park above the bluffs. Its near Venice Beach and Century City Westfield Mall. It is an older hotel that has been refurbished nicely. The staff is cordial enough until you get to know them and then they are very nice especially Haqu. We travel here for medical treatment for my wife and he always makes sure she gets a bath tub as most rooms have showers. We very much appreciate him. It is within walking distance to many ethnic restaurants including Persian, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Pizza, Mexican and American that I know and have visited.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank energizeranimal

Reviewed February 18, 2014

If your purpose of finding a place is to be near the LDS temple in LA, you've hit the jackpot. Right across the street, with easy walking access, you can't do better than this hotel.

The hotel itself is pretty uninspiring. It's a refurbished (to some degree) older property, and it doesn't take long to realize refurbishing only goes so far. It served its purpose without fanfare. It was clean enough, parking was sufficient, and breakfast was decent.

If you're going to the LDS temple, I highly recommend it. If you just need to be in the area, I would suggest looking at alternatives and compare. This is not a bad place, and it is not a great place.

BTW, hotel staff was not warm and fuzzy. They did the job efficiently, but with no personal touch. Like the property itself, they were all about function.

Room Tip: Get a room toward the back to avoid traffic noise from Santa Monica Blvd
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 14, 2014

However, the room had a very wet carpet in front of the heater. The bathroom was very small an only a shower, no tub and it was very tight in the rest of the room. The room itself was nice, large and clean. Breakfast was at 7 am the next morning and was nice with the bagels and cream cheese. They also have a pancake maker but didn't try it. The room we had was in front and you could hear a lot of traffic. Cost was high to what I normally pay for a two star hotel, but due to location it was less then others in the area. Bed was a little hard, but not bad.

Room Tip: Would suggest a room far from the street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family