“Surprisingly pleasant”

Azul Inn West Los Angeles
Ranked #164 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Needed a hotel close to the Mormon Temple in Los Angeles. This is directly across the street and easy to find from the freeway. Even though it is an older property, the interior renovation is very well done. Ample continental breakfast (I didn't try the pancake machine, but it might be fun!). Even though I was alone, I felt secure here, and was able to park my car just steps away from my room. A lot if interesting restaurants within easy driving distance. Had a much better stay here than at a Marriott Courtyard the next night.

Room Tip: This is a very small older property. Not many room choices. Don't be deterred by the exterior...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Paula G
Management response:Responded July 26, 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We are making strives to improve guest experiences, and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We needed a place between LAX & the French consulate for a late night flight and early morning appointment. This place fit the bill exactly. It was clean & quiet (our window did face the back, rather than Santa Monica Blvd), the room was updated & spotless, and there was a pleasant continental breakfast in the morning. It surely saved us from horrific morning freeway traffic.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LIM879
Management response:Responded July 26, 2017

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Horrific experience. We reached at around 4:30 PM (check in time 3:00 PM) only to understand that our rooms were not ready. The manager (most pathetic I have ever seen), didn't even share this with us. We stand in front of the room to get another hostile treatment from the janitor.
The manager told my wife that I was lying (Screw him).
I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank StaticMind2013
Jeff S, General Manager at Azul Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

I have read your review and have launched an investigation into your situation. Trust me that this is not the norm in how your check-in was handled. We do have procedures in place to make check-ins seamless, quick and efficient. I am sorry you had encountered what you state, and I will be looking into ALL aspects of it to see that something like this does not repeat itself. I pride myself on having well qualified and capable guest service team members, who normally are very capable of handling most situations, If indeed I feel that appropriate additional training needs to be implemented then that is what we will do to ensure that situations such as yours do not happen again. Once more, I apologize on behalf of Management and staff that you had to endure such a hardship upon check-in.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I picked the Azul Inn because it's close to UCLA & it is reasonably priced for the area. We got room 246 with a window facing the back alleyway, not Santa Monica Blvd. & found it quiet enough to sleep with the window open. According to other reviewers, the Azul Inn has been recently renovated & still appears "new". Our room was was very clean & nicely furnished. We had two pillows each & they were perfect for me. The sheets were thin, but very soft & the towels were thin, but I find them easier for drying off. I'm planning to go back there!

Room Tip: Rooms farthest way from Santa Monica Blvd. are probably the quietest. If you can't stand street...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Judy_the_accountant

Thank you so much for your honest review, in reading it, I noticed that by your comments, our towels are not much thicker than our sheets, I'll have a look into that as we replenish often, and if necessary we may possibly upgrade our cotton, wouldn't want you to accidentally dry off with a pillow case instead of a towel. LOL , but seriously, thank you for the kind words, and we will look into the terry situation as I have mention above.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This unassuming motel is updated with modern touches, it's clean, and the location is great with easy, free parking. They also have a nice pool and a nice continental breakfast, including a pancake maker.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank PopoJoy

I am glad that you found value in our location and amenities, It is nice to know that our pancake machine has become a hit..feel free to stop by anytime (well, breakfast time) and have a few on me, the next time your in the neighborhood.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel has had a big makeover in the last few years. The name has changed, went through different management and is much better. When I first stayed years ago it was a Motel6 and since then I was hesitant on staying again. This time it was surprisingly good. I felt leaving my car. I have stayed three times and the only complaint I have is needs more water pressure in shower. Other than that very comfortable and very quiet!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank jlbcable

It's good to hear that our efforts at upgrading the property have not gone unnoticed, we have listen also to your comments and we are looking at a remedy to the shower (pressure) situation.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

It's almost the cheapest hotel near UCLA. The room is clean, the bed is comfortable. In summer, the swiming pool is clean. The complimentary breakfast is not bad. Parking is very convinient. The receptionists are also friendly.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Hao J

I am glad that you found VALUE in our property as it is just minutes from UCLA, our goal is to always deliver a great stay, with clean accommodations. It is also good to know that you enjoyed some of our perks, the Pool and Complimentary Parking. We look forward to hosting you again should you return to UCLA in the near future.