All reviewsmormon templedirectly across the streetfree breakfastreasonable ratesyogurtnoisy at nightcomfortable bedbudget hotelup to dateconvenient locationwestwoodnoiseboulevardwallpaperneighborhood
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a take it or leave it motel. Don't think it's worth the price we paid which was $135 a night. It's clean and a place to put your head down but nothing else really. The pancake machine is the best part.

2  Thank Jennifer A
gmazulinn, Manager at Good Nite Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Fresh off a 6 night stay at The Azul Inn and I couldn't be happier! My room was very clean, housekeeping was excellent, quiet (considering its in downtown LA) and very reasonable for the area. The bed was very comfortable, TV was HD and had plenty of channels and parking was free! They could charge for parking but they don't!

The front desk staff isn't overly friendly but nobody in LA really is. They were polite and helpful with suggestions. The continental breakfast is more than adequate but setup in a cramped area so be prepared to be patient.

The value for the price is great! Especially considering the location. I plan on staying here for my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tooblackdogs

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at the Azul Inn for 3 nights while visiting LA. While it looks a bit like a dingy motel from the outside, the rooms were great and spotless, cleaner than many 4 star hotels. There is nothing within walking distance but if you have a car it is the perfect place to stay: close to Santa Monica and Venice (and cheaper than any place you'd get there) and central to most of LA. Overall a good place to base yourself to tour the city.
One negative: the wifi was slow and only 2 devices are permitted (which is a problem when 2 people each have a phone with a limited data plan and a computer).

1  Thank mattofcanada

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Spent 1 night at the Azul Inn last week. Exactly what my wife and I needed. A comfortable place, free parking, and a clean room. Was not noisy at all, and the bed was comfortable. Enjoyed the free WiFi in the room. They do serve a continental breakfast in the lobby, but we opted to go to IHOP instead.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Although the bed was comfortable and clean, it was not what I expected from reading their description of their hotel. The rooms for the most part faced a busy street and was somewhat noisy even into the night. There is no elevator and the steps to the second floor are very sharp and steep and dangerous in my opinion especially for those that might have muscle or joint problems esp. having to lug the suitcases up the stairs. The ad says climate controlled which in most hotels means that the air conditioning is thermostatically controlled but this is not. Its the old fashion room noisy air conditioner under the window. The internet they provide for you is slow and I could not even get Southwest Early boarding pass from it. The continental breakfast they provide is very limited to rolls and cereal and pancakes that basically you make yourself. The staff was not very friendly or helpful either day or night. There is parking as it says but a lot of the customers think that pulling in and taking up two places is ok and then you have to report them and whether its taken care of not is questionable. The last thing was I found a cockroach in the bathroom at night which I had to chase to kill and when there is one, you know the rest I think, there are more. I reported it and they said they would spray my room the next day. Whether they did or not, is unknown but I did not see another but it was unsettling. Granted it is an old building that was I believe at one time Travel lodge so don't expect anything fancy.. There is nothing to do within walking distance not even a 7 11. Westwood Blvd. is about a ten minute walk and not much at that end of it. Closet is ok, There are dressers for clothes, a hairdryer and iron and board. Room itself is adequate but sorry I would not stay there again. The only nice part was the housekeepers did an adequate job of cleaning and making the bed with comfortable sheets and no bed bugs, believe me I have checked. If you have no problems with steep steps and don't care about the rest, cost is reasonable but you get what you pay for so keep it in mind.

Room Tip: No fitness center but they have an adequate pool. If you do stay, try and get a room towards the back but you will hear cars pulling in and out and some alarms but no street noise. You will have a/c noise no matter what.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tobi B
Jeff S, General Manager at Good Nite Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Hi Toby,

Thank you for your honest reply, I am not sure on how to respond to all your comments, so I will have to select a few. I can only assume that all the ground floor rooms were all ready occupied upon your arrival, or I am sure the front desk could have easily moved your room upon request. Regarding breakfast, we just installed a state of the art pancake machine that produces 2 fresh hot pancakes in 45 seconds at the push of a button, it was added to expand our breakfast offerings to our clientele. There is a complimentary business center in the lobby with a digital printer, that is used daily by the guest to print directions, maps and boarding passes, also the front desk could have also assisted with your printing needs. As far as the reported pest in your room, we did spot treat your room, and then reported it to our Pest Control Company to properly treat both your room and surrounding areas, we take a very proactive stance in maintaining a clean facility, as you stated in your comments. I am truly sorry that no one was available to assist with your luggage upon arrival. We do offer assistance during normal business hours, again upon request. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations, we will strive in the future to see that all request in advance for a room type or location are properly responded too, on a first come first serve basis in all fairness.