All reviewsmormon templedirectly across the streetfree breakfastreasonable ratesyogurtnoisy at nightcomfortable bedbudget hotelup to dateconvenient locationwestwoodnoiseboulevardwallpaperneighborhood
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Spent 1 night at the Azul Inn last week. Exactly what my wife and I needed. A comfortable place, free parking, and a clean room. Was not noisy at all, and the bed was comfortable. Enjoyed the free WiFi in the room. They do serve a continental breakfast in the lobby, but we opted to go to IHOP instead.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
gmazulinn, Manager at Good Nite Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Although the bed was comfortable and clean, it was not what I expected from reading their description of their hotel. The rooms for the most part faced a busy street and was somewhat noisy even into the night. There is no elevator and the steps to the second floor are very sharp and steep and dangerous in my opinion especially for those that might have muscle or joint problems esp. having to lug the suitcases up the stairs. The ad says climate controlled which in most hotels means that the air conditioning is thermostatically controlled but this is not. Its the old fashion room noisy air conditioner under the window. The internet they provide for you is slow and I could not even get Southwest Early boarding pass from it. The continental breakfast they provide is very limited to rolls and cereal and pancakes that basically you make yourself. The staff was not very friendly or helpful either day or night. There is parking as it says but a lot of the customers think that pulling in and taking up two places is ok and then you have to report them and whether its taken care of not is questionable. The last thing was I found a cockroach in the bathroom at night which I had to chase to kill and when there is one, you know the rest I think, there are more. I reported it and they said they would spray my room the next day. Whether they did or not, is unknown but I did not see another but it was unsettling. Granted it is an old building that was I believe at one time Travel lodge so don't expect anything fancy.. There is nothing to do within walking distance not even a 7 11. Westwood Blvd. is about a ten minute walk and not much at that end of it. Closet is ok, There are dressers for clothes, a hairdryer and iron and board. Room itself is adequate but sorry I would not stay there again. The only nice part was the housekeepers did an adequate job of cleaning and making the bed with comfortable sheets and no bed bugs, believe me I have checked. If you have no problems with steep steps and don't care about the rest, cost is reasonable but you get what you pay for so keep it in mind.

Room Tip: No fitness center but they have an adequate pool. If you do stay, try and get a room towards the back but you will hear cars pulling in and out and some alarms but no street noise. You will have a/c noise no matter what.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tobi B
Jeff S, General Manager at Good Nite Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Hi Toby,

Thank you for your honest reply, I am not sure on how to respond to all your comments, so I will have to select a few. I can only assume that all the ground floor rooms were all ready occupied upon your arrival, or I am sure the front desk could have easily moved your room upon request. Regarding breakfast, we just installed a state of the art pancake machine that produces 2 fresh hot pancakes in 45 seconds at the push of a button, it was added to expand our breakfast offerings to our clientele. There is a complimentary business center in the lobby with a digital printer, that is used daily by the guest to print directions, maps and boarding passes, also the front desk could have also assisted with your printing needs. As far as the reported pest in your room, we did spot treat your room, and then reported it to our Pest Control Company to properly treat both your room and surrounding areas, we take a very proactive stance in maintaining a clean facility, as you stated in your comments. I am truly sorry that no one was available to assist with your luggage upon arrival. We do offer assistance during normal business hours, again upon request. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations, we will strive in the future to see that all request in advance for a room type or location are properly responded too, on a first come first serve basis in all fairness.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time at the Azul, and everything was exactly the same which is a good thing! Clean room, bed more comfortable than my own, and no noise. Wide screen TV and cable, free wifi, and computer in the lobby, with printer. The bathroom was nice and good closet space. I really enjoyed my stay, they also serve cereal, pancakes, bagles/pasteries and very good coffee and tea selection. The location is really convenient, for the price it cant get any better.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Angie R
Management response:Responded July 26, 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We are making strives to improve guest experiences, and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very nice and clean place to stay, nice and modern room, beats most of the four to five star places I've stayed in the past, located well, easy to find, good breakfast and excellent value for money. Good parking facilities and free Wi-Fi as well. Well worth the stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank You, for the great review. We appreciate it when a guest takes the time to write one. Our intentions are to provide a great place to stay, at affordable rates, in a central location that many travelers find ideal, such as yourself, I hope that next time you are in LA that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you expect beauty and luxury, this is not your hotel. It is, however, a great inn in a perfect location. We selected this hotel because we were hellbent on 'doing LA' without renting a car. It was perfect! You can access the bus, which will take you to all the great areas (Santa Monica, West Hollywood, Venice beach and touristy areas--Hollywood, Rodeo Drive, etc.) quite easily. It's an easy cab ride from the airport. The staff is friendly and there is a sugar-laden continental breakfast included in your stay. The room was much nicer than expected for the price. Beds were comfy. All was clean. I will stay here every time I visit LA because there is no reason to pay more unless you intend to spend your time hanging out at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tamika C

Hi Tamika,
I am glad that you found our location to be perfect for your needs. YES, we are centrally located to all of LA's points of interest as you pointed out. Thank you for realizing that even without the glitz and glamour, we do provide a clean place to stay while in LA. Offering all the amenities of higher priced properties, at an economical price, we hope to see you again soon upon your return to Los Angeles.