All reviews mormon temple reasonable rates yogurt noisy at night comfortable bed budget hotel up to date convenient location westwood ucla noise boulevard neighborhood
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I needed two nights stay in west LA. When I checked the hotel prices, it turned out that I would need to spend at least $400-500 for my stay, which did not make me happy. So I booked a two-star hotel from hotwire for less then $100 per night. That hotel turned out to be Azul Inn. Looking at the photos and reviews, I thought that I would have two nights of hell there, but everything went above my expectations. The room was good in size, clean, the bed was comfortable, all personnel were friendly, and there was not too much noise. Besides, there is free parking (I had no trouble finding an available spot during my stay), free breakfast (though very basic), free safe box, and free internet (not the fastest I've seen, but does the job). I don't know what else to expect from a 2* hotel in the heart of West LA. Probably the only down side is how the hotel looks from outside: Next to a busy road with a cheap motel feeling, but I could not be happier in the end, especially considering what I paid for it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ObjectiveTiTAN
Jeff S, General Manager at Good Nite Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for your kind & honest review, we are a bit deceiving from the outside, but when you experience our newly renovated interior, as you stated, we are sure you will be pleasantly surprised as you yourself discovered. I would like to add that since your stay with us we have again upgraded the WiFi system, adding more channels (bands) and power. It is comments such as yours that guide us in upgrading our property to deliver exceptional guest service.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We chose to stay in Azul Inn in August .. we though it was the perfect spot to be in since beverly hills and santa monica are very closed... The room was not bad ... the only complain i have is....DO NOT LEAVE ANY shoes or any belongings because you will feel sorry just like we felt when we realize our things were missing ..
We didn't realize things were missing because we woke up a bit late and we had to check out so we put all of our belongings in our luggages ... and triple checked we didn't leave anything in the room, the time we realized things were missing, we noticed 4 pairs of lady shoes were missing and one was brand new so do you guys a favor and go to another place I will never come back to this place ever again !!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank coooky5
LAHotels, General Manager at Good Nite Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are very regretful to find out online that you have items missing in your room, the hotel is sorry that you did give the management an opportunity to address this; we would appreciate if you would contact our hotel so that this matter can be immediately investigated. The hotel cares very deeply about this situation and should the hotel determine any employee involvement; we will cooperate accordingly.

Denise Detrano

Reviewed September 7, 2012

All rooms redone late fall last year, so we definitely enjoyed our spiffy room with all the amenities ... shower is excellent ... HOPEFULLY the fairly dismal breakfast area will be the next to get "facelifted." It needs it. Location in Westwood (W LA) is excellent and just minutes from major attractions such as Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Malibu ... UCLA, etc. Also, even though we had a car, it was nice to be able to walk a bit to some locations. Manager (an expat NYer) was exceptionally efficient and helpful.

Room Tip: If you opt for the second floor - which we did - it's stairs only. Guess the first floor could be noisy. Reserve a room facing Overland Ave. Quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
gmazulinn, Manager at Good Nite Inn West Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We chose Azul for its proximity to a close friend's wedding. At first, we didn't want to judge Azul Inn by its cover. The room seemed clean and the person at the front desk was friendly. It wasn't until we arrived back after the wedding that we were very unpleasantly surprised.

The first thing we noticed was that both our luggages were unzipped. Not only unzipped but all compartments inside were unzipped as well. After logging a complaint to the front desk and checking our valuables we got ready for bed only to notice the bathroom hadn't even been cleaned. The towels were still originally where we left them and there was still a disgusing bloodstain on the shower curtain (attached pic to follow).

Unfortunately since we're here for a wedding we still have a night with the Azul Inn however we feel so violated that not only did we tell the front desk we'd be writing a negative review online but we're going to lock all of our belongings in the car tomorrow when we leave.

It's very unfortunate that the safe in the room is the only thing that made me feel safe.

• Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank SleepyNess

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at azul inn with a group of friends for our visit in LA. It has a convenient location if you have a car, the parking area is free and we always had a place everynight. It has a small pool which can be used for sunbathing but we didnt used it.
The rooms are really nicely decorated, we have stayed at the two queen bed room and it was quite spacey. Bathroom is also new and nice although a bit small. There were no bedbugs as mentioned like the other travellers. Thanks that I didnt read the comments about the bedbugs before we went.
For the breakfast, there wasnt much choise, but it was the best in our entire trip. There was coffee, decaf, variety of tea choises, orange and apple juices, corn flakes, bagels, cinnamon rolls, muffins, cream cheese, jam, apple and banana.
People were nice and helpful.
Price is a bit high for this kind of motel, it was $131, for two double bedroom. But it was nice and clean and at a good location for traveling around LA.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends