All reviews mormon temple reasonable rates yogurt noisy at night comfortable bed budget hotel up to date convenient location westwood ucla noise boulevard neighborhood
Reviewed June 11, 2012

What a great place, great linens. I'm sure they were Peacock Alley. Newly remodeled. VERY clean , terrific staff,cleaning and repairs. We broke a bottle on the steps and immediately someone was there to clean it up BEFORE we could even call them.

Will be here again

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 26, 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We are making strives to improve guest experiences, and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

The cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen, quiet rooms, comfortable bed, good breakfast, friendly professional staff, an excellent value overall.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Adorable decor, great amenities, quiet, nice linens, great helpful staff, free parking, good price. From the outside you can not tell how great it is on the inside. Even the toiletries are high quality. Definitely don't judge a book by its cover. Great value!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank namastemystic

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed here recently when I had a job interview in Century City. I wanted a location that was close by. The Azul Inn is just down the road from Century City on Santa Monica Blvd., a few minutes drive. The location was convenient. I got an affordable rate on Hotwire, which mentioned free parking, free breakfast and WI-FI available. Good value.

The Azul Inn is basically a renovated motel. The building's exterior isn't in great condition and it looks like a motel. However, the rooms are newly renovated with mid-century modernesque furnishings, flat screen TV, and are in good condition. This was a convenient home base from which I did a lot of prepping for my interview in the hotel room.

The Asian female hotel desk clerk at checkin was busy, stressed and not in a good mood. Guests did not receive a friendly welcome.

The free wi-fi was not working when I got to my room. I went downstairs to the lobby, they said they had recently reset the connection and to try it again in a few minutes. Then it worked fine. However, late that evening it stopped working again and wasn't working when I woke up the next morning. I asked them to restart the router again, waited, but it still didn't work. Fortunately, I was able to access the internet using my smartphone.

I requested a quiet room away from the street noise. They accommodated my request, however, a large building was being constructed behind the hotel. Due to this huge erection, enthusiastic jackhammering took place beginning at 7 am and they were still going at it strong when I checked out.

The mattress was a very comfortable and high quality Simmons Beautyrest WorldClass. I only know this because I accidentally yanked the sheet off the mattress during the middle of the night ;)

There were a number of eateries within a convenient distance. I walked 5-10 minutes to a healthy chicken / Indian restaurant near the corner of Westwood and Santa Monica Blvd. for dinner. I didn't partake of the free breakfast in the morning because it was coffee (which I don't drink), tea (didn't like the quality of the tea), carbs (which I try to avoid, especially when I don't want a food coma), Minute Maid juices from a machine (I prefer fresh squeezed or not from concentrate juices), and non-organic fruit. I don't expect a free breakfast to be gourmet, and I was fine driving down to Westwood and Pico to Junior's where I ordered breakfast and lunch to go.

The desk clerk at checkout was accommodating and agreed to let me to check out later than usual since I didn't need to be in Century City until 2 PM.

I would recommend staying here for convenience and value, if you don't mind the temporary daytime construction noise. Don't count on the WI-FI working the entire time. Bring your smartphone if you need internet access.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank dk4socal

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I spent 3 nights here and I was very surprised. For the price, the Azul Inn was great. They were in the middle of renovating at the time so I did expect some inconvenience but the bed was so comfortable that I didn't notice the ongoing construction. I would definitely stay there again. The only complaints I had was the dark hallway that made me a little cautious as a female as the Inn is very open to foot traffic of non-guests and if you have more than one wifi device (i.e. phone and laptop) you are given one password to access their free wifi network so only one device can access the network at a time.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo