“Good Indian Joint”

Neighborhood: Westside
Neighborhood: Westside
“Good Indian Joint”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Samosa House, well located, spacious but unlike many Indian restaurants. It is clubbed with a departmental store. The food is nice & we sat there watching folks shop for Indian groceries. It was not expensive however, it is certainly not a place I would take folks "out for dinner". The lady there was very courteous.

• Visited April 2013

Los Angeles
“Tasty and casual vegetarian Indian food. Great value.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place is a weekly staple of my diet. The food is so consistently good that I can't help but keep coming back every week for my Samosa House fix. Everything is vegetarian, and the takeout combo for $9 is often enough food for dinner plus lunch the next day. Most of the employees are incredibly friendly, especially if you're a regular, and they give you an incredibly generous amount of food. I recommend the saag, the chana masala, the aloo curry, the veggie chicken and the garlic naan.

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Flavorful, affordable, large portions”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

At Samosa House East got a take-away 3 item combo tonight with jackfruit, cauliflower yogurt curry, daal, rice, naan and raita for $9.50 out the door. Portions large enough to share or have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Very flavorful, nicely spiced (not too spicy, but not bland, either). Friendly staff. Dine-in area nice and clean and spacious. First visit, but will return! Only thing missing is a cold ginger beer. Yum!

India
“Okay”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Just came back from here. Nice that they have their own parking lot. To get food, there is a mini buffet but there is someone behind it and you ask them for food. I had malai kofta, chana masala, and dal makahni. You get three currys and raita or souo and white or brown rice along with naan. Malai kofta was very good, chana masala and dal makahani was ok. The so called famous samosas were not that good. Being an Indian, I definitely had better. Also, $8.50 for the buffet is a bit pricey. But after all, it is in California.

2 Thank Sonny F
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely Boring”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I got take out here tonight and we threw most of it in the trash. It was not because the food was bad, it was just so amazingly boring. I never thoughtI'd say that about Indian food which I love and have been eating with relish for 30 years. We both had a 3 item combo and had 6 different tastes, saag, aloo, jackfruit, cauliflower, chickenless chicken and the pakora curry. I'm writing this review through utter disappointment. If I had to order anything again I'd have the chickenless chicken curry as it did attempt to stimulate my tastebuds.

India Sweets and Spices and Hurry Curry have much tastier fare available in this area in the same price range

• Visited September 2012