“Three and half stars”

Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel
Ranked #94 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We spent 2 nights here following a 16 hour flight from Melbourne, Australia. The hotel was clean, as was our room. The bed was super comfortable and having the Swingers cafe next door was a bonus. The only real complaint was the shower - the pressure was terrible - it was like a hose coming out of the wall.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I like this little hotel a little vintage style. The outside is a little old fashion but the rooms have been upgraded. We had a big shower and big bathroom. The parking is free but you have to pay internet. There is a dinner just outside the hotel called the Swingers and it s perfect for breakfast. We went to a restaurant just in front called Cooks County following Tripadvisor reviews, i recommend. The hotel is near Farmer Market, not too far Hollywood. The ration price / quality is very good. 2 rooms are available.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bruno J
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed for 9 days in October and i could not have asked for a better experience.
I must admit i had reservations about staying at this place considering i only have stayed at hotels, but i could not have asked for more of an amazing experience.
Yes this is a budget motor motel and with $160 you get what you get, but honestly this place was so clean including the rooms .We had a very large shower with a view of the hollywood hills sign, could that view not be amazing on a holiday. Everyone who worked there was ALWAYS helpful and extremely friendly all the time. We booked two rooms and in one, being three young girls we felt safe at all times in the area including at night.
Swingers dinner is also a good place to get a cheap eat. Close to the grove(walking distance) and 15 minute walk from the Beverly centre. Taxis can be ordered from reception to take you to west sunset if you want to go out at night. I would most certainly stay there again, such a good place.

Room Tip: We asked for a newly refurbished room and stayed in 318 and 321. We got one facing Beverly BLVD on t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristy5566
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed for 1 week in October, 2013. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the staff were very helpful wih providing bus routes to any destination we picked. It was around the corner from the Grove and Farmers Market which is great to visit. The Swingers diner is excellent catering to all needs with their extensive menu and being open from 6am to 4am there was never an issue with getting a meal. Public transport is available in all directions and we thoroughly enjoyed our week in LA.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in Sept 2012 and found it a grand place to stay if your on a budget & don't want to be too far away Central L.A.

Hotel location is quite good with the Famers Market short walk away which I think is well worth a visit & you can also get the hop on tour bus there. Public buses just down the road will take you up to Hollywood Blvd & from there you can get a Metro to Universal Studios. Two connecting buses will take you to Santa Monica Pier or Venice Beach, both 1hr long journeys, but easy enough journey to take.

We stayed in a twin room which was an ok size, the room was very clean (A must for me) but far from glamorous, with décor a bit out dated & some of the furniture like chest of drawers & some of the presses in the kitchenette area in need of some repair. There is a microwave, sink & I think a little 2 hob cooker area but there is no pots pans plates cups or utensils provided at all, so not feasible to use for self catering. There is a diner just next door which does lovely reasonably priced food. Overall for me the rooms where perfectly fine for my needs which where somewhere to sleep & store luggage.

Staff where very polite & helpful & looked after our luggage as we went exploring till we could check in.

Hard to get a proper feeling for the surrounding area with only staying for 2 nights but as 2 females we felt safe enough travelling back to the hotel late in the evening.

I did a lot of searching looking for something to meet our needs which was somewhere with easy access to main attractions & reasonably priced & I was very happy with my stay here & would stay again if needed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sonia M
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Okay so I knew at $160 a night it wasn't going to be the Four Seasons, but if you're on a budget this place is okay. I arrived early and they had no problem taking care of my bags until check in. I went next door to Swingers Cafe while I waited. The rooms are a decent size - two double beds, crisp clean sheets, clean room, comfy bed. My room faced the main road but it wasn't too noisy. The location is very central, within walking distance of The Grove in Fairfax and The Beverly Centre.
I was charged for wifi and given a password - didn't need the password so possibly didn't need to pay $6.00

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms at the back, might be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dhama49
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The entire place smelled if smoke. Our first room did nit have any electricity. We were moved to a second room which had lights, but the carpet smelled. It was intoletable. Guests are permitted to smoke outside the rooms (woth doors open) and anywhere on oremises. When I called to book room we were told rhe hotel was conpletely smoke free. We left immediately but not before being charged for a full night's stay.

• Stayed: September 2013