“Life's a beach. ....”

Venice Beach Suites & Hotel
Ranked #96 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Not an original quote but this place certainly is, quaint but classy and a fabulous location. The red brick walls in the suites feel like you are on. TV set, well equipped kitchenette and an incredible view across the beach. Neighbourhood full of character, and characters, not far to excellent restaurants and I feel safe here, will definitely return. The sign on the elevator reads 'I'm Betsy, over 100 years old so please be gentle with me', pretty much sums up the character of this place!

Room Tip: Side or front the view is great!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MicheleBunster

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I did not expect much and was super surprised at the suite and the view. It has a great lil kitchenette with dishes, silverware, pots etc. Microwave, stove, and mini-fridge work well with the mini-breakfast bar. There is even a small dining table! Hardwood floors :-) You get a nice loveseat, lazyboy, and coffee table blessed by the view of the ocean and Venice boardwalk. The suite had a nice HD TV mounted on the wall but we were too busy people watching and getting tan to take in much TV. The lobby offers an array of boogie boards, surfboards, toys, balls, chairs etc to take out to the beach. WiFi throughout hotel. A computer in the lobby in case your's is home. The staff was wonderful! I would recommend this to a couple that was more interested in what's outside the hotel than in but also appreciative of the little things. Having a nice comfy view so close to the boardwalk and ocean and the kitchen are great!

Room Tip: 201 is a great room for the view. Bring some wine, an opener, some cheese and you're good to go.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MarcoKim
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you want the "Venice Beach" experience, this is the place to start. This is a family-run renovated old apartment building opening onto Ocean Walk. Can't beat the location, can't beat the hosptitality, and can't beat the cleanliness. No parking associated with the hotel, but some is available on street and lots will take overnighters.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank tsainta
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel in a great location. Don't stay here if you want to avoid interacting with real people. Our room was nice and clean, front desk always helpful and the beach is just 10 steps away.

We read the reviews before we booked and the negative reviews were usually about people not understanding the location of this place. If we come back to LA again, we will stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank DanielCZ
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in February. We had such a great time and loved this hotel. It was unique and close to just about everything. The staff was amazing, super nice people that really helped us out with suggestions and accommodated us right away when we got to the hotel pretty early in the morning. We can not wait to come back and visit and this is where we will be staying!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Natalie S
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My background - a lady on a business trip & needs a hotel near the airport w/o staying near LAX.

Took a chance on this hotel as I wanted to be near the beach. At first I was like "so this is Venice Beach?" but I kept my mind open. The amazing Matt at check in, making me feel comfortable & giving me knowledge about the area. I rode a bike all the way to Santa Monica & it really helped me kill the business related stress. the rooms were ok in size but the view is top notch!

I'd suggest eating at this place called James Beach - Amazing!

All in all just got to be open minded, do your research. Is Venice right for you!?

Would stay here again if given the opportunity.

P.S. also the handsome jasper at the front desk also very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank lelal88
Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you like being surrounded by homeless people, drug users, and beggers, then this is the hotel for you. It is on the beach, but i'd never stay there again. In the course of 24 hours i was asked about 10-12 times for money food or cigarets. I was advised NOT to go outside after 7:00pm. It may be this hip, cool place to hang out, but at age 53 those days are long past

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank David K
AndyLayman, Owner at Venice Beach Suites & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I am always very concerned when someone is not happy with their stay at our hotel. I looked into this guest's stay and tried to find out what went wrong and how we could have better described our location and hotel. We try very hard to accurately describe our historic, boutique property and our eclectic, Bohemian beach neighborhood both on our website and when speaking with prospective guests over the phone.

This information is hard for guests to gather from an online travel agent website, which I why I always recommend that visitors consider review sites such as TripAdvisor, look at a hotel's own website or contact the hotel staff directly with any questions or concerns before arriving at an unfamiliar place.

I can only wish that this particular guest could have stayed longer than one quick night in November so he could have experienced the wonderful sights, sounds, surf, sand and sunsets of 'famous-for-being-funky' Venice Beach.

Finally we would NEVER recommend not going out at night, quite the contrary. There are over 15 resturants , bars and night clubs all within a short walking distace and we encourage our guest to visit them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Kinney
The Kinney
#2 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey

Been to Venice Beach Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!