This property is convenient to the beach and within walking distance of bars, shops and restaurants, and the canals. We even walked the two miles each way to Santa Monica pier. That was the best part. The staff is extremely polite, helpful and friendly. They directed us to excellent local restaurants and it was nice to get free use of beach chairs so we didn't have to bring our own. They also have a keurig so you can get yummy coffee in the office from 9:00 to 9:00 when they are on-site. We were glad to have coffee maker and coffee in the room. And yes, there were a few downers. The advertised "unloading" zone really isn't one at all. It's actually a commercial alley really busy and narrow - beware the hotel has no driveway or roundabout - you are at the back steps of the hotel in a strictly signed "no-parking zone". Although the hotel advertises being a member of the local chamber of commerce, the local authorities apparently cut him no slack to allow his customers to check in and out. We had two people and he was adamant that one person stay with the vehicle at all times or we would risk being ticketed. Seriously it seems like no way to welcome tourists to me. The other person has to carry all the bags in to the room and/or the office if your room is not ready. Then you have to fight for street parking which is also limited particularly on Monday and Tuesday mornings where street cleaning is done - we arrived on Monday and didn't know this. It's best not to arrive before 1:00 p.m. because that's when the street cleaning is done and more parking opens up. Not knowing about any of this and arriving on a Monday it was very stressful. Took us nearly an hour to unload, check in and drive around to find a spot. They also advertise maid service as "available" on the website. Upon arrival we learned that this is an extra fee. It wasn't that big of a deal but we thought it was a bit unclear. We had to take our own trash out each day and gather up our towels and exchange at the office, sweep the sand up and make the bed. This hotel is not inexpensive so a bit more service in the room would have been nice. Then there is an envelope in the room implying guests should leave a tip. That's a bit over the top when I'm servicing my own room. That said, the hotel's common areas are constantly being cleaned and maintained. Also, we didn't mind that the hotel doesn't have air conditioning...but if you leave the windows open which feels great, the blinds make noise all night banging on the window frame. Hotel has charm, but also drawbacks. Also the bathroom window has no screen so if you open it for ventilation in there flies come in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our family-owned historic, boutique hotel has the BEST roof-top deck at a beach-front hotel in L.A. and the ONLY beach-front balconies on the Boardwalk. All 24 of our fully-furnished studios feature a queen bed, mini-kitchen, private bathroom & free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Venice Beach Suites & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Venice Beach Suites And Hotel
- Venice Beach Hotel Los Angeles
- Hotel Venice Beach