“Best in Venice? Best in LA!”

Venice Beach Suites & Hotel
Ranked #88 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
London, England
“Best in Venice? Best in LA!”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I write this review a couple of months after my trip. I've been busy. I'm sitting at home in the dull British Weather, feeling a little down, so what do I do to cheer myself up? I take my mind back to my recent trip to Venice Beach. Suddenly I'm smiling and sighing that I'm not there right now.

I wrote a glowing review on Venice Beach Suites a few years ago. Will my third stay warrant another positive review or has the place lost it's magic? Lost its magic? It's mastered the book of spells! I've been staying here since 2005 and from Heart can say the place has gotten better with every trip. When I booked this trip I actually got a deal on a nother hotel just down the Boardwalk. It was a great deal so I booked that hotel. Uneasy and not content with that decision though a couple of days later I cancelled and booked with Venice Beach Suites. Suddenly I was content again and amped for my trip. Venice Beach Suites had never let me down on being THE place to stay in Venice and this visit was no different. Can you tell I love the place?

The past two times I had stayed I had the same room, as I have a soft spot for that room I emailed the guys before leaving requesting the same room. When I arrived after the extremely warm welcome you receive in walking into the office, I was given the bad news. They could not accommodate my request for that particular room as the person in the room extended their stay. The bad news was cushioned though...a complimentary upgrade to their huge Ocean Front suite. When I walked in to the suite I had to go back downstairs to thank the guys again. All the rooms are great, but this one was phenomenal. Gestures like this aren't grounds to build a review around because it was a one off luxury...but wow was the one of luxury appreciated.

The suite was huge, beautifully decorated, clean and the view out of this World. It's an old building...very old, but Andy and his team keep everything looking good and worthy of being in 2011.

The staff, from the owner (Andy) all the way through to his Janitorial people are just great. Genuinely friendly, helpful, professional, talented and overall cool people to be around. You couldn't be made to feel more welcome and whatever you need is never too much trouble. Whilst a well oiled machine, the place really has a family feel to it unlike a more standard hotel chain.

Location is very important when choosing somewhere to stay and it doesn't get much better than the location here. Venice Beach Suites is right on the Boardwalk and is positioned at a really good part of the Boardwalk, very central and right next to the Side Walk Cafe, which is a good landmark when meeting people etc. Once darkness falls on Venice, that Baywatch feel does disappear and for many the area may seem a little intimidating with homeless people and youths walking the boardwalk. That said though, in all the time I've stayed on Venice Beach I have never seen notable trouble, let alone been the victim of it. If you are the type to be a little spooked by the beach crazies at night then you'll be pleased to hear you feel very secure inside the hotel. Never is security even been the hint of an issue to me.

Cost. It's hard to word this right. Is Venice Beach Suites so cheap you could find some change on the boardwalk and book a room for the night? No. There are cheaper hotels in the area. That said though there are far more expensive hotels that offer a lot less than Venice Beach Suites in the area too. Considering the location, the fact you get a suite rather just a room the cost is actually very reasonable for the area. You get what you pay for and in truth you get a great bang for your buck.

I genuinely would not stay anywhere else when visiting Venice. The people, the rooms, the location, it all adds up to this hotel being a big part of amazing trips. The biggest compliment I can give is the fact I keep spending my hard earned money to return here.

Could I find a critism? The only thing I could say is that this time there seemed to be less channels available on the TV. Previously it seemed the rooms were subscribed to a huge TV package. Is this a deal breaker? I think not, but going up a TV package again would be great. Maybe I need to get a life and not travel thousands of miles to watch TV?

Thank you Andy, thank you guys, look forward to seeing you all again in the New Year.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Danthewrestler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My partner and I stayed at Venice Beach Hotel and Suites for 4 nights. The location was fantastic and the service offered was exceptional.
The room ticked all the right boxes comfortable bed, hot water and Wi-Fi.
Matt went above and beyond our expectations, providing assistance with anything we needed, from where to get a cold beer to helping organise medical care.
I would highly recommend the Venice Beach Hotel and Suites.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Casswa78
Luton
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights and absolutely loved it. The location was excellent, right on the boardwalk and close enough to Santa Monica to walk. The staff were brilliant, very helpful with regards to where to eat and what to do in LA and how to get about. Would definitely reccommend Venice Beach Suites and Hotel and we would stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This boutique hotel is right on the beach boardwalk in Venice. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel staff is over-the-top friendly and helpful. Parking is a challenge, so be prepared to pay extra to park your car. The sidewalk vendors are a strange group and the music and activity level is high. I loved the location and beach and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Loved the ocean view room!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Pattienns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 23, 2011

The rooms are beautiful, the views of the beach are great and the staff is very friendly. The kitchenette was very handy for breakfast in the morning and the living room space was comfortable with a reclining chair and couch. It felt like a bed and breakfast.

The noise of the beach though is a little bit much as you're towering just above the very busy walkway. Until the beach closes down it's impossible to nap. The people talking isn't the bad part, it's the stereos and shops with music all mashed together that is a little unnerving.

The parking situation is HORRIBLE. There is no parking for the hotel at all. To check in you park in a dark alley behind the hotel to drop off your things and then you have to go on an escapade searching for street parking, which in LA is almost impossible to find. I got 2 parking tickets the last time I stayed here because a parking regulation sign was missing (stolen maybe?) and the other ticket because it was dark and I was tired and I didn't go searching for the parking regulation sign that was probably at the end of the block. Expect to walk at least 6 blocks from where you end up finding parking back to the hotel and possibly getting up at dawn to move your car depending on street sweeping schedules. You won't find a spot to just park your car for the whole trip either since in LA street sweeping schedules are ridiculous so you will have to move your car at least once a day, maybe twice.

Room Tip: The rooms with views of the beach are a quite a bit more expensive but if the hotel isn't partic...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CRHuntington
Baranduda,Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Decided to stay at this hotel as it was on the beach and in the heart of Venice Beach. The hotel manager was fantastic,bent over backwards to make us feel welcome. The room was ok there was three of us in the room, just too small of all of us, had to step over the fold up bed to go to the bathroom, had to fold the bed up to get out of the room. Stayed 2 nights and the room was not cleaned the whole time we stayed. Lots of homeless people out side the hotel in the mornings but are harmless. Have dinner early as everything is closed by 9.30, all the homeless are settling down for the night, as I said no problems but would rather not wonder about once everything is shut down.

Room Tip: Ground Floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank threecows
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We booked this hotel in advance of our roadtrip to California. Our overall experience was fantastic; I've never received such great service from staff. The staff called us 3 days before our stay to give us some tips on parking and checking in. Once we arrived, they surprised us with a complementary upgrade to the largest room of the hotel, with the best view! The hotel is located right on the Venice Beach boardwalk, so we were able to walk everywhere. They gave us lots of dining and activity recommendations, and have beach equipment available for guests to use. Things to know about Venice Beach: The parking situation is a little inconvenient, no matter where you stay. The boardwalk is bustling all day, and has some loud wanderers at night; don't expect peace and quiet here!

Room Tip: The best room is on the top floor in the corner, facing the beach. It's twice as big as the rest...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey
The Kinney
The Kinney
#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Venice Beach Suites & Hotel? Share your experiences!