Located right in the crazy mix of Venice Beach, the Venice Beach Suites and Hotel is a charming boutique hotel. The rooms were adequately equipped and clean. Each room has one queen bed with a rollaway bed offered. Satellite TV was available as well. The room we stayed in had a small kitchen area with a stove, microwave, and refrigerator. I loved the hardwood floors and ceiling fan.
Yes, there are no a/c units. But you don't need an a/c unit most days in So. Cal. Yes, the building is old. It is what it is. The rooms are not big and there are brick walls. But what do you expect from a building from the early 20th century? There is no parking lot, but they have a parking agreement with a lot about two short blocks away. Not a big deal. In fact, the gentleman at the front desk walked down to the lot to make sure everything was okay.
About the neighborhood: If you get uncomfortable around any type of counter-culture, you won't like Venice Beach. Venice Beach is wacky. It is busy. There are hippies and bums and punk kids and freaks and weirdos around the boardwalk and side streets. But most are harmless. People do party on the weekends, so yes, there might be some noise coming from outside. Still, if the idea of anything other than boring whitebread suburbia makes you nervous, you need to stay in Santa Monica or Marina Del Rey. Just expect to pay more.
The staff was extremely nice and helpful. I can't say enough good things about they way everyone treated us. They offered to help us with our bags, gave us a map of the area, and recommended places to eat. It was quite refreshing.
Overall, I would stay here again and recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our family-owned historic, boutique hotel has the BEST roof-top deck at a beach-front hotel in L.A. and the ONLY beach-front balconies on the Boardwalk. All 24 of our fully-furnished studios feature a queen bed, mini-kitchen, private bathroom & free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Venice Beach Suites & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Venice Beach Suites And Hotel
- Venice Beach Hotel Los Angeles
- Hotel Venice Beach