“Worst of the Worst!”

Ranked #276 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Eugene, Oregon
“Worst of the Worst!”
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Our family has used Motel 6 for years, always with excellent service, cleanliness, and dependability. But this place is an absolute dump! It was so filthy that I slept in my clothes and wouldn't use the covers at all, or the pillow. Didn't come with complete set of towels. My husband asked for more towels, and those had grease and dirt stains, lint. Same goes for pillow cases. Disgusting. Dirty, inside and out. The room stunk. Broken furniture. Rude staff. Absolutely disgusting! Motel 6 should pull their chain status. It was only one step above sleeping on the street.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank grandparents57
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Van Nuys, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we appreciate your feedback. Since your review has been posted; the hotel has implemented new policies & procedures throughout the entire operation and can assure you that all of the issues mentioned have been completely resolved. We look forward to your next stay with us when travelling to the Los Angeles/ Van Nuys area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed November 7, 2010

My fiancee is in the airforce and is stationed in louisiana so he came here to visit me for a week. On his salary this was the only place he could really afford, which was understandable. The hotels in encino where I live is very expensive so I didnt mind at all. Anyways, the manager seemed very cold and unwelcoming. We entered room 210 directly next to the elavator and it was awkward. The furniture was ok but the sheets had cigarret burns in them and the shower curtain was broken. There was a cocaroach on the ceiling we thought was dead but moved on the 3 day. The second day, the door broke and everynight there would be prostitutes walking down the halls with their clientel to the rooms with condoms in one hand and fast food in the other. It was disturbing to say the least. Just dont go there.

• Stayed October 2010
6 Thank Missauyeung

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed October 16, 2010

My adult son and I stayed here one night. The rooms were filthy, including hallways, carpet, bedding, and walls, but the price was too good to pass up. Well, we should have passed. On returning to our room late at night, we discovered our electronic door lock no longer worked. After about 40 min. of running back and forth from the lobby to our rooms to prove to the clerk that our door lock did not work, the clerk gave us another room for the night. We slept in our day-old clothes with all our luggage in the original room: no toiletries and had to forgo vital nighttime medications. Harry, the morning clerk, refused to comp our room, stating that he comped the first room (well duh, we couldn't get in), but we would be charged for the alternate room, regardless of our not having our possessions with us. I called Motel 6's guest relations while standing in front of him, filed a complaint, and made it clear I would be requesting a chargeback from my CC company. Harry stood his ground. As we left, another guest who was checking out told us that he had run into similar problems with the (family owned?) management: "They don't budge an inch."

• Stayed October 2010
6 Thank visualspatial
Sonoma, California
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I have stayed at at least a dozen Motel 6's and have been happy - until now. This place is an absolute hellhole! Music is pounding through the floor below me, the room is way below average, bedspreads are filthy, etc. I am shocked that Motel 6 would sully such a great reputation for value with a seedy hole in the wall like this! I am leaving before I even go to sleep. I'm afraid I will never sleep with all of this noise and after reading the reviews on google (which I wish I read beforehand) I'm afraid of getting bed bugs! Yikes! This is nothing short of AWFUL!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank 95476
sacramento
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed here a year ago and keep forgetting to write reviews how bad this hotel was. First as poeple mentioned, staff were very rude and don't know what customer service means. After a tiring day and upon return to hotel, our door was open and MISSING ALL our luggages including 2 LAPTOPS (new), jewelrys, and many more. Called the police right away to report and saw the people who stole our stuff in the camera. The manager was very unprofessional. The people behind this case is already in jail and sad to say I GOT NOTHING BACK. I lost total of $5000 just for staying in a cheap hotel like this.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Carlint
California
Reviewed November 9, 2009

The area is bad, most of the staff including the so called mangers are rude and have no idea how to speak to customers. I doubt they have ever worked in a decent hotel and look miserable most of the time.

The first day I was there I left my room at 12 noon and came back at 3.30pm. I called the manager to ask when they were going to clean my room and was told the maids had gone home early because there was not much to do. He then rudely told me it was my fault the room was not cleaned because I had do not disturb sign on till noon.

They claim the hotel is recently refurbished but it is better to say it has had a cheap facelift - still old elevator, tiny old bathroom and poor quality door.

If you want a really cheap place there are cheaper options in the area but it is far better to go 1 mile down the street to a better area and stay at the Best Western Carriage Inn or the new Hampton Inn which is light years better. These hotels are in a better area also.

I suggest the hotel fires the existing management and gets in people that know how to run a hotel and understand basic customer care.

• Stayed November 2009
3 Thank California2204
Investorshm, IHM Properties Reporter at Motel 6 Van Nuys, responded to this review, November 15, 2009
We apologize for the poor customer service that you recieved while staying at our hotel. We will undergo staff changes to better help our guest with customer service. We would like to thank you for you review which brought to our attention some of the weak flaws in the hotel. We will do our best to present ourselves with a better customer attitude and convenience towards our guest. We again would like to thank you very much for the review and we hope that you may consider
staying with us in the future.
Oregon
Reviewed August 19, 2009

First, no bugs of any kind which seems to be a growing travel issue. Even though the building is worn, somewhat foreboding, and located in not the nicest of neighborhoods, it was probably the quietest place I've stayed in all my years of travel...even better than some well known upscale places where hallway/room drunkenness detracted from my stays.

There was free (unlike many other places) internet that worked well and fast so I could stay in touch with my office and parking was not an issue. It advertises a pool, but it is so small it is of limited use. This is not the kind of place that will entertain you but it can be used as a place to sleep, shower and kick back for awhile. The rate was pretty reasonable for what I received.

Most of the people seemed ok, though a couple of the desk people seemed to have dark moods. Overall, this place was perfectly adequate for what we needed but it is not a place I would take my kids to for a stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OregonTraveler2000
Investorshm, IHM Properties Reporter at Motel 6 Van Nuys, responded to this review, September 19, 2009
We like to thank you very much for your choice in staying with us. We are glad to hear it was a pleasant and reasonable stay for you here, at the Comfort Inn. We do our best to maintain the property clean and up to date with all issues. Also employees are always trained and learning new ways to better accomodate the guests needs. We like to thank you again for choosing us, and hope that you will return soon.