“GREEN”

Ranked #148 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“GREEN”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Overall, my stay was more than satisfactory.

However, I am confused as to why you have a "green" policy as it wasn't followed during my stay. I not only hung up my used towels/bath mat, but I made my bed. I also left a note for housekeeping stating that I needed no change of towels or bedding during my 4 day stay (and stated the date I was checking out).

But they kept on changing/washing!?!?!?

I support your "green" policy ... let's use it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Catherine H
HolidayInn V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words and great review.

Appreciate your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hebrew first
Culver City, California
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel was great to stay in, the area is not the greatest, but it is surrounded by car dealerships which is not that bad as others mentioned. The hotel just got remodeled and the rooms are nice! Check in was fast and Ali was very helpful! Was there for one night, but will definitely stay here again! The rooms are quiet and with clean sheets. This hotel is your best option compared to the other horrible hotels around! Parking and breakfast is free!

Room Tip: Request room away from the 405. Did not stay on the 405 side, but ill recommend you to
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInn V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for spreading the good news. We all greatly appreciate your kind respond, and hopefully you'll stay with us again.
California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel wasn't bad overall but there was a plastic sheet underneath the bottom sheet on the bed. Did they think I was a bed wetter? I've never been to a hotel that had a plastic sheet. It was uncomfortable to sleep on. A pretty dicey neighborhood, homeless people wandering around. But the hotel itself did seem safe. I picked it because it was close to where I was working but I'm not sure I'll stay there again. The staff was very nice, no complaints there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
The entire staff and management would like to extend our apologies if you thought that way. We didn't mean anything, those are brand new pillow-top bed. And we are all hoping that we would be given a chance to meet with you and stay with us again. Please accept our apologies.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I was stuck in traffic and needed to get the heck out of it. And there it was, a holiday inn express. Great service at the desk. 5th floor room. Pretty sweet view. The room was big. But skinny. Restroom was a tad cramped. I can see why a lady would be a bit cramped doing make up and all. Overall. A good stay. Will be back my next time in.

• Stayed February 2013
The whole staff and management were so happy to receive such wonderful respond from our guests especially the one you left for this property. Thank you very much, and hope to be of service to you again.
Santa Paula, CA
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Roscoe Blvd.ambience w/405 Freeway, helicopters(very brightly lit)-however this is prime location for tired travelers like me who need to return to work. rate 2X no-tell motels on the nearby strip, and it had nice elevator, quiet room, drapes insulate against noise, same as "nicer" downtown hotels. It is the "barrio", if you consider Galpin Ford, the offramp and Dennys a neighborhood...but where isn't, in LA?This pejorative is infuriating, as it spotlights a heritage that is irrelevant. If you cannot drive in, park, register and go to your room, stay out of the Valley.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away form the stret quieter but there is a freeway nearby, use insulating curtains. Not...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInn V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
The hotel and staff appreciate your respond. Thank you and hope you choose to stay with us again.
Alameda, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stay here several times each year for the past twenty five years years, always super clean and all the staff is GREAT ! This location is right off of the 405. at Roscoe blvd. the parking area is well lighted, never any problems leaving my vehicle unattended. When I have to travel to southern California for business, I choose the Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInn V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for noticing the cleanliness of the hotel.

Appreciate your great surveys/review.
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Walked in and took available room. Desk staff was pleasent and check in went smoothly. The room was large, clean and the bed comfortable. The remote for the TV was somewhat problematic and took several clicks for the receiver to respond.

The bathroom was very small. When using the sink my leg was braced against the commode. The bath/shower was quite large. The bath towels were like sandpaper, but clean.

At breakfast the decaf coffee which I drink black was so weak that I chose to eat elsewhere. The rest of the breakfast items were the standard of the HIE locations.

Room Tip: I have been to this HIE several times. It is dependable and in spite of a an industrial type area, m...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to apologize for some inconvenience you've experience while staying at our hotel. And would like to extend our appreciation for sharing your review.
Thank you.