“Super clean”

Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys
Ranked #157 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stay here several times each year for the past twenty five years years, always super clean and all the staff is GREAT ! This location is right off of the 405. at Roscoe blvd. the parking area is well lighted, never any problems leaving my vehicle unattended. When I have to travel to southern California for business, I choose the Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInn V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you so much for noticing the cleanliness of the hotel.

Appreciate your great surveys/review.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Walked in and took available room. Desk staff was pleasent and check in went smoothly. The room was large, clean and the bed comfortable. The remote for the TV was somewhat problematic and took several clicks for the receiver to respond.

The bathroom was very small. When using the sink my leg was braced against the commode. The bath/shower was quite large. The bath towels were like sandpaper, but clean.

At breakfast the decaf coffee which I drink black was so weak that I chose to eat elsewhere. The rest of the breakfast items were the standard of the HIE locations.

Room Tip: I have been to this HIE several times. It is dependable and in spite of a an industrial type area, m...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

We would like to apologize for some inconvenience you've experience while staying at our hotel. And would like to extend our appreciation for sharing your review.
Thank you.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has been renovated recently and was nice overall. I've stayed here many times in the past as it is very conveinently located to Anheuser-Busch brewery. The neighborhood is not the greatest and would not recommended walking around the area after dark. The rooms are very nice. The only real negative is how small the bathrooms are. I think they needed a shoehorn to insert the toilet between the counter and the bathtub.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you very much for sharing and appreciate your respond. We would love to accommodate you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

The area around made me nervous & when I heard the gentleman at the front desk say they have 24 hour security I did wonder where. The gentleman that evening checking us in was super nice, greeted me properly & just had a wonderful smile. The view was that of an industrial area, the rooms were nice. Appears the halls were recently remodeled but the way it was done seemed of poor quality. The beds were COMFORTABLE. Bathrooms clean and with the exception of a light we said had a ghost everything worked. Breakfast while free was sadly cold. The coffee was also cold which was odd. Good selection just wish it was not ice cold. Front desk clerk when checking out & leaving was not very personable. Overall worked for a last minute decision and would stay at the location again if price was still good. Better than other known brands.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank MomofKS
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed here for two nights while doing business in Encino. Although my room could have used updating (worn carpet), it was in reasonably good shape and clean. The front desk staff and breakfast room staff were very friendly. I accidentally left my watch in the room (an anniversary gift from my husband). I called soon after checking out of the hotel and they went immediately to the room to find it. They held if there for me in safe keeping for three days until Fedex could pick it up and return it to me. During the process I spoke to several people who were pleasant and reassuring. They were very trustworthy and honest.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel for my boss, and the location for the event ended up changing. I called the hotel 2 weeks prior to the date of the stay and I was informed that I cannot cancel the reservation as it was booked on a "book early and save" special. Granted I should have paid attention to the fine print, I did not as I've made this mistake before and other hotels will allow me to cancel the room without being penalize, but they value our business. After the hotel employee informed me I could not change it, I asked to speak to the manager. Eventually, I spoke to the general manager and she informed me that they would not cancel the reservation and I should have paid attention to the fine print. I was appalled by the way she spoke to me and I left her know that we (Kaiser Permanente) would not use their establishment ever again. She said "that's fine". I've worked in customer and I am floored a general manager would speak to customer in the fashion. I have let anyone who will listen to me know what happen to me, and ask them not to book at this establishment!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank cocodior
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was driving through Los Angeles heading to Oxnard, CA. I decided I was too tired to drive any further, so I got a room at this Holiday Inn Xpress. It was very comfortable and I had a great night's sleep. It might not have been the most "scenic" place in southern, CA. but honestly, all I was looking for was a comfortable bed and a nice hot shower. It was conveniently located just a couple of blocks off of the freeway that I needed to be on, and yet it was free from traffic noise. That was another plus! The only thing that I would say was missing was that I wasn't able to find a good restaurant nearby. I ended up going to a grocery store and buying some snacks and then went to bed early.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo