“Renovations Complete”

Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys
Ranked #159 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've stayed here a dozen times before. They have just completed the renovations and the hotel is back to full working order. The last thing accomplished was the entrance ramp. They did a nice job. My wife accompanied me on this trip and she thought the hotel was clean and also like the renovations. Don't forget to try the cinnamon rolls and pancakes from breakfast.

2  Thank dos7940

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The renovation of the front of the hotel wasn't much of an issue, and I didn't notice any issues inside. The front desk staff was helpful when I stopped by. One odd thing about the layout of the floors is that the elevators are on one end of the hotel, so it makes for a long walk if your room is at the opposite end (and if you take the stairs down, you can't get back into the lobby). My room was alright, but I was disappointed to find that it didn't come with a mini-fridge (that is available for an extra $5/night). There were also a number of spots that needed some TLC (the bathtub had some chips in the floor, and the mirror needed some touch-up paint in a number of spots). There was also a good size gap under the door to the room, but that was fixed with a towel. The A/C worked, but I found that it quickly got hot when the air wasn't on (during the night). The breakfast was okay, but apparently the buyer doesn't like Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal or Strawberry yogurt, as there was neither. But my biggest disappointment was with the pool: it was very dirty (lots of "floaters" on the surface), and was in need of a good skimmer (or two). On a side note, there is a Taco Bell, a Burger King and a Denny's all next to the hotel.

2  Thank DallasC644
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Front desk and staff was outstanding. Hotel was under renovation at the time but it wasn't a bother. My room had new furniture and nice size flat screen t.v. The place was quite at night and the breakfast was better than i expected. The pool looked clean but i didn't get to go swim. I got a good workout in the gym though. I would recommend this place to friends mainly because the people that worked there seemed to care about how my stay was and always asked if everything was O.K., It was!

Room Tip: top floors are the best. looks like they were ready for v.i.p
1  Thank micheal f
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I couldn't have a better stay than the one in this hotel. The employees were very nice and met all our wishes and expectations.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

The hotel staff and management appreciates the responds you've posted. Thank you..

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was a bit concerned after reading some reviews and of the location, but to my surprise, it was a great 2 night experience!!! I would definitely stay here again!! Parking is secured and easy-even reserved spots for Priority Club Members-never have seen this before. The hotel is almost done with a renovation and it is very nice! The hotel is definitely an older property, but again, it is up to par with the "new" holiday inn look after this renovation. The rooms are large (except for bathroom) and spacious and come with all the modern Holiday Inn (IHG) amentities. Very Very Clean hotel!!! Great AC, very comfy beds, and VERY VERY good strong water pressure. The staff is very friendly and willing to help in any way they can. From the service stand point, it is that of a four star hotel. Finally, the breakfast buffet is better than average-a full buffet. If you are in the Valley, this is the perfect place as it is in the center of it all. Save your time from searching and stay here, even though it is a bit more than other properties in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed here for one night for business I was doing just down the street. This place is definitely not as nice as the average Holiday Inn Express. The beds are comfortable but it's clear they did the minimum amount of renovations to stay competitive in the area. The rooms are kind of cramped and the walls were sort of dirty. Also, the west and northern exposures face the 405 freeway so auto noise can be heard if the room fan is off. The wifi worked good, breakfast was fine and I slept well which is all that matters. I also think it's important to remember that this place is significantly cheaper than nicer options in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear dbcoop2003,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our comfortable beds and the breakfast options. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We are very sorry the room accommodations fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27752807

Reviewed April 8, 2012

will charge you FULL AMOUNT ($372.89) if you canceled your reservation or try to change. I had gone to the BBB of CA., NYS AG. They said, I will have to take them to court with my owen attorney.
THIS IS INTER CONTINENTAL HOTEL GROUP GREED !!!!!!!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LLG259
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Van Nuys, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

LLG259,