“Mixed Feelings”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #108 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Positives: location, large well-laid out rooms, fitness room, maid service, balcony.
Negatives: very uncomfortable bed, strange odor in room, dinginess of room.

It just struck me as old. Carpet dirty, furniture and drapes heavily stained, bucket in hall to catch drip from moldy air vent. Graffiti in elevator. Management needs to spring for some refurbishments. Photos on website do not match outdated rooms, and rooms too pricey for what you get.

• Stayed: December 2010
Airtel_Plaza, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience you experience during you stay here with us. All of the issues that you mentioned from the carpets to the elevator have been corrected, and repaired, and without your feed back they may have gone unnoticed a little longer, and for that we are grateful for your comments, and I would like to thank you once again for bringing this to our attention, and giving us the opportunity to address the issue, and correct the problem.

Once again, I am truly sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay and if you should have any additional questions, request or suggestion, please feel free to contact me directly at (818) 263-8315, or email me at: JPease@Airtelplaza.com.

Sincerely
John Pease

Reviewed December 18, 2010

I was doing business in the area and picked this hotel as I noticed they had a Free Shuttle Service from the Van Nuys AMTRAK Station, which was about 7 minutes from the hotel. Took train up from San Diego, so it was nice touch and their hotel was cheaper as I shopped around than the others nearby. The Subway sandwich around the corner from the hotel was real handy too, as I was able to grab my sandwich before I took the train back. The hotel was neat and clean, no complaints. The hotel staff was helpful in offering assistance to any little thing I needed. If the company sends me this way again, I will definitely come back to the Airtel to overnight.

Reviewed December 10, 2010

Honestly rooms are great clean and workers are nice...but doing online booking in cheaphotel.com or expedia.com maybe made the difference coz I booked online.
Negative comments:
:You have to pay extra for a request for a refrigerator if request for, refrigerator is an option not included with the deal.
: You have to pay $10 per day for a parking permit to get in the parking lot.
: Its an option and a different rate if you add breakfast. First time in my life a great hotel like this will pay for extra for a breakfast or not part of online booking.

I dont know why people who booked give a good rate for this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Airtel_Plaza, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback. It is true that depending on the type package you select, there may be additional cost associated with some amenities, like breakfast or refrigerators when you use a third party web sites like the ones you mentioned. The Hotel website also offers packages that include the amenities you mentioned at a reduced price as well, which allows you to make request, or changes as needed to insure all your needs are met at the time of check-in, and through out your stay.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your time here with us and if you should have any additional questions, request or suggestion, please feel free to contact me directly at (818) 263-8315, or email me at: JPease@Airtelplaza.com.

Sincerely
John Pease

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Front Desk Staff (Gary and Sherry) very helpful they really went out of the way to make us feel special, food in the restaurant was great (try the calamari and flat iron steak), the room was very spacious and clean. Only suggestion would be to upgrade TV to a flat screen.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I was moved 3 times due to bed bugs in my room.. The housekeeping manager pretended that it was an ant but did confirmed by hotel manager that it was bed bugs.. I will never recommend th eproperty to anyone..Also elevator was not functioning all the time. Staff was not trained at all and housekeeping was not helpful with my children. too mny bugs in my bed....

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Airtel_Plaza, Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2010

On behalf of the Airtel Plaza Hotel, please allow me to reach out to you regarding your recent stay at our property. First let me start by saying we are extremely sorry for the challenges you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately, this is the first that we are hearing about the issues you had with your stay.
We take every report of bed bugs very seriously. If a guest reports that he or she may have found evidence of a problem in their room, we immediately remove that room from service, along with the two adjacent rooms on either side of it, and the rooms above and below it as well to insure containment. We then have those rooms in question inspected by a nationally known extermination company which takes all necessary steps needed to correct the problem.
If there were any other items that you may have forgotten to mention earlier, please feel free to contact us so we can address them as well. Once again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay, and would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention and allowing us to correct the situation.

Warm Regards,

Hotel Management

Reviewed November 27, 2010

This a really good hotel. Their staff was welcoming and cheery from the every moment we were there even til when we checked out. We had requested a double room as we were with our kids and it was a nice surprise to have a room with two queen sized beds (most of where we stayed was double beds, makes it tight). We were there to visit family over Thanksgiving and also do some sightseeing. It was the perfect location as we visited family nearby and then we also went to Universal and Hollywood. We had food leftover for Thanksgiving and though our room did not have a fridge and microwave, when we asked if they had any, the staff was quick to send one up. This was a nice upgrade from a Best Western type hotel where we typically stay at and definitely safer as we were able to park our car in a secured parking lot near our room. We will definitely come back to this unique boutique hotel when we visit our family. Thank you for the free internet - made the kids happy.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I love this hotel and is a great place to stay. Despite its location, its actually pretty quiet whether on airport side or street side. Rooms are really spacious and very clean. One of the best qualities of the hotel is the over the top friendly staff who are courteous and very accomodating. I travel quite a bit for business and many hotels and the staff here bends over backwards to make your stay very comfortable. Their bar is absolutely warm and was a perfect place for our teams to debrief after our meeting, as you can actually hear yourself talk. Decor is tropical and tastefully done. We actually ate all our meals there during our stay! The lounge is set up so there are little pockets you can dive into. We also enjoyed dining at their outdoor patio and watched the planes take off and land. With their excellent staff and food I know it will keep me and the team that I traveled here with coming back.