“Keep Coming Back”

Ranked #109 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Jose, CA
“Keep Coming Back”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here several times, and had consistently good experiences.
The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful. Management clearly makes an effort to keep the property looking good. Parking is somewhat protected behind pass controlled gates.

One feature was a standout for me - the wi-fi. They've really kicked it up. We had a solid 10 MB up & down. Perfect for streaming movies in our room to the computer and iPad.

We don't stay just anywhere - we shop around for a "nice" place that's a good value. That's why we keep coming back to the Airtel Plaza.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank billds
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear billds:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. . I am glad to hear your positive comments about our staff. I will be sure to share this with our associates, as it is always nice to know that we are taking good care of our guests.

Ownership did extensive research on not only traveler’s WIFI needs but what the competition is offering. We recently invested substantial time, money and effort to accommodate the tech savvy traveler and the needs of meeting planners. Thank you for noticing the upgrade we did!

We appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We celebrated my mother's 80th birthday party at the Airtel. The room was beautiful, the food was excellent and the care and service from the staff exceptional. We have heard from several of the guests how great the food was and that everything was just wonderful. We had several out-of-town visitors who stayed at the hotel for the weekend. The food, rooms and service were also exceptional. My family will be back to stay for visits with my mom. We have no hesitation about booking or recommending this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Patty M
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Patty M:
First of all, congratulations to your Mother’s 80th Birthday! Secondly, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience along with your additional guests’ experience. We have shared your comments to all our Executive Staff and you made their day! We loved having you and your group with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your future visits with your Mom.

Prestwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was looking for some place to take pics of exec a/c at one of the busiest places in LA. This is without doubt the place. You need to treat yourself to a executive room with a terrace and jacuzzi but you will receive the most amazing place for taking great pics of every type of exec a/c you can imagine.
MAKE SURE YOU GET THE 4TH OR 5TH FLOOR AS THE SURROUNDING TREES ARE GETTING TOO BIG!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Eddie W
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Eddie W,

I am happy that you had a good stay with us! I am glad you got to experience the Outdoor Terrace Spa with its own private balcony, overlooking the runway. It sounds like you had success with your photographic project. Thank you for your feedback about the overgrown trees. I have addressed this to our Landscaping Director so we can correct this immediately. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in your next visit!

Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Yes, I love the sound of planes buzzing overhead and have wanted to stay somewhere near Van Nuys Airport for a long time. I just didn't expect the good food, hanging out in the lounge, cleanliness, and the friendly staff...from desk clerks, wait staff to maids in the hallways. I would choose this hotel for just a get-away anytime.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank doodledooman
Dear doodledooman,

Wow, thank you for the positive comments regarding your overall stay. I will definitely pass on your comments about the good food to our Chef and kitchen staff. Since they are behind the scenes, they don't always have a chance to hear from our guests directly. As far as our customer service, we do have a great staff and we also appreciate it when they are recognized by our guests. We look forward to having you again when you return to the Van Nuys area.

Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed at the Airtel Plaza to attend a Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association seminar. Did not get one of the newly renovated rooms, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality and especially the cleanliness of not only the room but the hotel in general.

Check-in went smoothly, however upon getting to my room neither of the room keys (key cards) worked. Placed a call to the front desk on the house phone and within 3 minutes a staff member was at my door ready to help.

I can't say enough great things about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. This will be my "go to" hotel whenever I need to stay in Van Nuys.

Yes, this hotel is in Van Nuys. Technically not Los Angeles as TripAdvisor lists it.

Room Tip: If you love to watch airplanes take-off and land, request a runway view room on the third floor. The...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AmericanFlyr
Dear American Flyr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts during your stay with us. I am glad to hear your positive comments on the cleanliness overall and our staff. I will be sure to share this with our associates, as it is always nice to know that we are taking good care of our guests. I do apologize about the room key cards not working. We are investigating into this rare occurrence so this doesn’t happen to other guests.

We are thrilled that we will be your “go to” hotel when in Van Nuys. We look forward to having you visit us again real soon!

Gilroy, California
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Past experience has taught me not to expect anything great from hotel stays. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of room, particularly the bathroom. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay again. Staff were really pleasant too. Most especially the front desk named Gerry.

• Stayed October 2013
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Miguel143:

We are pleased that you were enjoyed the quality of the room, your stay and most importantly, would return again! I know our staff and especially Gerry will be thrilled that they made your stay memorable. Thank you very much for your positive comments. We all certainly look forward to your return visit.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Obviously, rich world travelers would probably pass this one up. BUT, if you have to stay in the San Fernando Valley, and Warner Center is booked up, this may be the next best choice.

The staff can't be any nicer. My room was spacious and spotlessly clean. I had dinner in the bar one night, red fish chowder, and buffalo wings, and it was good for what it was. The coffee and pastry bar is great if you want a coffee and muffin. I did not try the dining room.

However, on Wednesday nights they had "food truck Wednesday".
That was good fun. Food trucks are quite the rage in LA.

So, if the Valley is a must for some reason, don't blow this one off. By the way, it does serve the Van Nuys Airport, so a little jet noise may be heard, but I like the sound.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear 91436RJI:

Thank you for your feedback on our nice staff and of our spacious and clean rooms. I will share this with the staff, as great service is our top priority. We are happy you had a chance to enjoy the Wednesday Food Truck Night this season and we look forward to starting this popular event again next summer, as the guests have all loved it. We look forward to having you again as our guest should your travels take you to the San Fernando Valley.