Airtel Plaza Hotel
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$286
  • Restaurant
$289
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$181
$99
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$202
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$360
$339
  • Beachfront
All reviewsvan nuys airportfront deskthe san fernando valleyla arearooms are largehome away from homeuniversal studiosaviationairplanejetssonnyclipperjacuzzibellmanfreeway
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Manager and staff culture are that of making sure they loudly tell you that you booked this hotel through priceline and you are a second rate guest and no ammeneties for you!
There are always nice ways of saying things, but the animosity expressed by the female manager that my company books through priceline is not needed. I do not need to have it pointed out to me in front of other people that my rate was booked through priceline.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Carlos E
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear CloudKicker777,

Thank you for taking the time to share experience with Airtel Plaza Hotel.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at registration; our Guest Services Agents are encouraged to inform our guests such as yourself that you have a pre-paid reservation and we will not be collecting payment for you room but will ask for a credit card for incidentals.

We truly enjoy our Priceline and Expedia Guests and value the business they bring to the Airtel Plaza.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at david@airtelplaza.com.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you can tolerate the jet noise from Van Nuys airport, this is a great property.

There are a couple convenience stores within walking distance, Woodley Park is a 10 minute drive away. Besides the onsite restaurants, I did not see any close by. But there are plenty in a few mile radius.

It is clean, neat, comfortable, the carpet is showing some age, but it there is not a speck of lint on it. The grounds are well maintained. The lobby is very inviting, has several seating areas to visit with old and new friends.

The staff are great. All of them. I am such a stickler for customer service and the staff nails it. Whoever is behind the hiring and training here is a freaking rock star.

The pool area is clean and tidy. The restaurants are good, but pricey. In the lounge, we paid $50 for a shirmp appetizer (that sat in the pickup window waaay too long), a burger and a few beers. The lounge was very busy, the staff were doing their best to keep up, it probably would have been a good place for a manager to pitch in, but I did not see it. But I was also busy people watching and such too.

They had a problem with the linen service on a Saturday. Seems there was no backup plan in place, which of course should be, but we did not get clean towels until almost 9:00 pm.

Van Nuys Airport is right next door, so there is significant air traffic noise here. All hours of the day and night. For light sleepers, this may not be your hotel.

There are so many great things about this place, fussing about towels, noise, cold shrimp and old carpet is really not significant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Darlene H
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Darlene H,

Thank you for sharing your recent expertise with Airtel Plaza Hotel. We listen to all our guests’ value feedback.
We apologize for the service-shortfall regarding the items your listed in your contribution and will work diligently to correct those items.

Our Landings Restaurant strives to deliver exception quality food with a first class ambience. Our Housekeeping team works diligently to prepare our rooms in a timely manner with ensuring cleanliness is not wavered.
Thank you again for your patronage and your feedback and we hope to see you soon on your next visit to Van Nuys!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We loved this place! Brian at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. We had our two young kids with us, and they really enjoyed watching the planes in the morning from the nice outdoor patio in the restaurant/breakfast area. This hotel was great. You do have to pay for parking and breakfast, though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear JCaz1,

Our team at Airtel Plaza Hotel truly values your feedback! We are happy to hear that your visit with us was pleasant and your family enjoyed the stay.
We’ll be sure to share your experience with our team and thank again for staying with us.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

So, it's been six months since my last visit. Renovations are under way. When I last visited, the gym was in a sorry state and I seemed to be the only person using the place. They have made lots of nice improvements and the place was practically bustling. All of the equipment is in working order and an elliptical machine has been added. I was given a room away from the runway this time, and my sleep was much improved. Renovations in the common hall on the second floor were well under way. They have not extended to all the rooms, though, as mine had the dated particleboard dresser, nightstand, and big TV. No complaints, though. The room was always clean. One thing that remains... the awesome staff. They are freakin' amazing. Really. They are what make this place special. Not one person ever hesitated to go out of their way to make me feel at home. I cannot say enough good things about each and every one of them.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the airport runway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Nancy Z,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on your most recent stay with Airtel Plaza Hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and value your patronage.
We have begun improvements to public spaces, our Fitness Center, Landings Restaurant Menu as well as our guestrooms.
We are constantly listening to our guests and again, we value your feedback.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

5 stars for the staff! They are such dedicated,hardworking and generous people! Without them my rating would be a 3 for sure!

4 stars for the hotel itself. I stayed here for work, so I had a basic room on the first floor near parking lot. I didn't pay, so I can't complain, but I would not have been as impressed with my room if I paid. Not sure of its truth, but I heard they are in renovation stage? I saw pics of others rooms, much nicer than mine. BUT the silver lining for me is the staff! They REALLY took care of me like family. From bell man to front desk, their customer service blew other major "elite" hotels I've forked over fortunes for. They really try very hard to make you happy here at the Airtel. I didn't feel like a number, I felt like a guest.

At the end of the day, I had everything I really needed.

My ONLY gripe is my bed. I'm not sure if its just me, but I had a 5 day stay and I never got a goods night rest:( I just couldn't sleep well?

I hope to visit them again and get to sleep in another( renovated hopefully?) bed.

Room Tip: Be nice to the front desk, it goes a long way! Gary is the best!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear SB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Airtel Plaza Hotel. It is truly enjoyable to know that we have delivered the service that we work hard to provide.
Our entire Service Team, from our Guest Service Desk to Housekeeping and our Landings Restaurant work diligently to deliver a first class level of service and we are happy to hear we met your expectations.

We truly hope you return on your next visit to the San Fernando Valley.