“Great staff--Hotel with a lot of potential”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #113 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Airtel borders the Van Nuys Airport so make sure you ask for a room that is not next to the runway. The hotel and conference center is a huge campus, with meandering hallways that never seem to end as you are trying to find your room. Wear comfortable shoes, as you will walk a long distance to get to your room from the parking lot. It's an old hotel and is in the process of being updated. The rooms and furnishings are older and definitely nothing special. But it was clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable and the shampoo, etc. was good quality. The housekeeping staff left plenty of towels and cleaned our room beautifully each day. Every single employee we met--from the receptionists to the restaurant servers, to the housekeepers--were extremely friendly and accommodating. We asked for extra pillows and hanger and had them within 5 minutes.

The restaurant and "cafe" are good (although the breakfast buffet was just mediocre), although the very large restaurant was usually empty, so I wondered how many people eat there.

It has a lovely pool and hot tub.

I would stay here again if we could get it cheaply through Priceline.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the north end next to the airport runway.
1  Thank Dramagurl
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Dramagurl:

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience to Airtel Plaza Hotel; we truly value and appreciate your feedback.

We wholeheartedly apologize for not meeting and exceeding your expectations; our location is distinct and unique and often times the primarily reason for staying so conveniently located to Van Nuys Airport.

We hope that on your next stay in Van Nuys, you choose to stay with us again and we’ll show you a more comfortable side to our accommodations

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay. It was right next to the Van Nuys airport. That was kind of miserable in the mornings but I did not notice it after my second day. A nice, cute hotel to stay if you are looking for something off of the 405.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear bethmahoney2013,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Airtel Plaza Hotel regarding your recent stay. We strive to ensure that each of our guest’s expectations is completely met.
We hope to see you on your return visit to Van Nuys and look forward to exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

It was my first time to visit Airtel Plaza Hotel with my family to attend a function, we stayed there over night cuz where from Morgan Hill. I find the room spacious and clean, staff were very friendly. I was extremely impressed with everything most specially with the courteous and very polite Manager by the name of Gerry, he made us feel special with his warm welcome. im pretty sure that will come back and stay in this hotel again. Well done with all the staff your management team should be proud of you. Thank you for making us feel at home. Ms. Babes Perello

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Hello December1206

Thank you for taking the time to share your guest experience on your recent stay to Airtel Plaza Hotel.

Our entire Team is delighted to know we provided you with all that we strive for. Our accommodations are ‘’ above all’’ in the San Fernando Valley and we work hard to make sure guests like yourself are always taken care of.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great customer service and an excellent place to stay. Room was spacious and very comfortable. Enjoyed the walk in shower. Employees went above and beyond to ensure we had all our needs meet. Employee, Edwin, was thoughtful and participated in conversation every morning at a very early hour. Also the guys in the evening recommended the "Taco" truck one block away.

Restaurant breakfast bar was great!

Hello David E.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful recent experience about stay at Airtel Plaza Hotel.
We strive to ensure each gets has a personalized experience along with clean and comfortable accommodations.

Your experiences highlight our handwork to ensure all of our guest’s experience Airtel Plaza Hotel at its best; from our acclaimed chef at “Landings Restaurant” to our beautifully appointed Preferred Rooms.

We hope to see you soon and thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was at the Hotel for an event and I just wanted to write a review about what a great staff they have at this hotel. To me that's what makes a stay worthwhile and worth returning to - the service. They were friendly - so much so I was caught off guard - since this isn't the norm when traveling. They were alo very helpful from the girl who worked the coffee shop to Gary & Philippe who worked the front desk.

Looking forward going back again. I did not eat there but will next time as the food in their restaurant looked good.

Room Tip: I did not stay there as I was only there for an event hosted at the hotel - but I'm sure there n...

Hello Chris G

Thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience with Airtel Plaza Hotel regarding your recent meeting held at our hotel.

We strive to ensure our Team Members are engaging, helpful and above all friendly and accommodating to all hotel guests and anyone attending a meeting or conference here.

I will be sure to share your satisfaction with the Team Members you mentioned. Thank you again for sharing your positive encounters with our Team Members.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is not a luxury hotel, but it is all the basics you need. The hotel is very large. It seems to cater to tour groups and to the airport next door.
The restaurant is ok. Service in the restaurant is casual, sparse and slow so don't be afraid to call for assistance. It is definitely below average for the USA.
Front desk staff are ok and they do offer a great free shuttle service for the surrounding area which is great if you do business nearby.
Rooms are large and have what you need, but they look unchanged from when the hotel was established in 1980's for the Olympics.
I wouldn't stay here with the family, but its fine for transit and business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Hello djfowler,

Thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience with Airtel Plaza Hotel regarding you recent stay.

We truly value your business and patronage and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We strive to ensure each of our guest’s has a pleasant experience.
We hope on your next visit, you’ll get to experience one of our newly renovated Preferred Rooms which have an upgraded amenity package. Our Preferred Rooms can be viewed on our newly launched website: www.airtelplaza.com/accomadition
Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

After driving in L A traffic all day and passing through some areas that looked as if they had seen better days I was prepared for a big disappointment in lodging. I was attending a small conference and that usually meant keeping expenses to a minimum. When I drove up to the front I was pleasantly surprised by the overall hotel and grounds. The lobby was large and quite appealing. As it is near an airport the overall theme was aviation. Quite clever references through out the hotel. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I was given a large room with every thing you would expect in today's better than average hotel. I had only been in my room about fifteen minutes when the manager who had checked me in called up to see if everything was satisfactory with my room. I was impressed.

Room Tip: My room was a king, on the second floor, western facing. I actually looked out at a wall but it was...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Brian_Dunn_1, Guest Relations Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Gayle B.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with Airtel Plaza Hotel. The Airtel Plaza Hotel Team strives to make each guest stay a personalized experience with our spacious guest rooms and an exceptional dining menu.

We look forward to your next stay and thank you for your comments.