“Great Staff”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #113 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Had a very pleasant stay. All the staff at the Airtel hotel were great, especially Red in the restaurant. Right from the moment I walked in I knew I was going to be in for a nice experience. Good stay, great food, great atmosphere. Nice location next to the Van Nuys Airport. Would definitely choose again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Luke K: Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to know your stay has been a great one from the beginning to the end. Making guests feel welcomed is our top priority! We are looking forward to having you back!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently spent several nights here on business. The airplane theme throughout was a nice touch seeing as the hotel is adjacent to the Van Nuys Airport. I had a couple meals in the restaurant. My initial impression was the restaurant pricing was a little high, however, I was very pleased with the food. Breakfast was standard fare. For dinner, I had the Greek Salmon Salad. Perfectly prepared salmon on a bed of spinach with feta cheese, olives, and artichoke hearts...a pleasant surprise at a reasonable price. I seldom saw anyone in the restaurant during my entire stay. In contrast, the bar/lounge was busy the entire time I was there, and it tended to be the place to meet my fellow co-workers. My room decor appeared to be a little dated as compared to one of the rooms I saw in the Tower building. Old-style particleboard dresser with a clunky old TV, but the room was large, clean, and comfortable. The only complaint, and it isn't anything to do with the hotel per se, was my room faced the airport runway. Planes and jets taking off and landing at all hours of the night and morning meant my sleep was interrupted. Next time I will ask for a room away from the airport and suggest you do the same if you're a light sleeper. Other than the sleeping, it was fun to open my windows and enjoy the airport traffic. I used the gym daily. It's not Gold's but it'll do in a pinch. Two treadmills (one was broken), a stairmaster, a multi-station fitness machine, and five (yep, I counted them) dumbbells. It was a little chilly during my stay so I never tried the pool and rumor had it the jacuzzis were not very warm, so I didn't even bother to check them out for myself. The guys that drove the shuttle van were amazing. They (Brian, Steven, and Luis) drove us to and from the office daily, shared their insights about where to go for dinner, gave detailed directions to the local attractions, and drove us to/from anyplace located within an allowed radius. Overall, the staff at this independent hotel are what make this place special.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the airport runway.
1  Thank Nancy Z
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Nancy Z: we are happy to read your review and know some of our staff members made your stay even better. We are really proud of them! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you experienced not only our rooms but also our restaurant. We are looking forward to having you back!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

the staff are wonderful go above and beyond!! Im an aircraft mechanic who stays there on a regular basis. they always remember me by name.Its also is a very good place to eat. One time i stayed in one of the jaccuzi suites with my family, and we had a wonderful experience watching the air traffic at the airport.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear J K: We are definitely happy to know our staff went above and beyond to make you feel special and welcome. We love our guests and we want them to leave with a positive experience. It looks like we succeeded with you, so we will keep making your stays wonderful ones! Thank you.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had a very pleasant stay and the staff are very helpful and nice to speak to. The room we had was very nice and the beds were very comfortable, which is sometimes hard to find. The restaurant staff and house cleaning staff were very helpful as well as the staff at the desk.
They made our stay very enjoyable. The food in the restaurant is very good and the chef does dishes just the right way.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We got the preferred room, which is updated and very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Lou B. Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to know we made your stay a memorable one and we can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The staff was exceptionally courteous and kind, they went over and beyond to make us comfortable.My kids did not want to leave the room. My wife and I loved the room décor and the beds comforts design. We enjoyed the elegant shower that was very spotless. That night my wife and I slept like babies, my children always wake up at 6:30am and never sleep in, and that day they woke up at 9am due to they were so comfortable that they did not want to get up. We had a hard time convincing them to get up and take their shower to leave. It was much more than we expected, and above all, of course it was incredibly clean. The only regret was that we only could stay one night due to my schedule and were unable to try the restaurant that hotel guests talked about around the pool so much. However without doubt once again we will be staying there. They gave us a 5 star hospitality

Room Tip: Bottom rooms next to pool are great!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Mr. Josesandoval_55: thank you for your review. We are happy to know you enjoyed our rooms and our overall service. We are looking forward to having you back and create more positive memories for you and your family!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I routinely stay here for my job as a pilot. Being in the travel industry, I have to say that this is one of the best independent hotels I've stayed in. The staff works very hard to make your stay the best it can be.

For frequent visitors, it isn't uncommon for most of the staff to remember you on a first name basis.

Many has been the time that I haven't finished walking in yet and the desk staff already have my paperwork done and are speeding me to my room, which after a full day of flying I greatly appreciate.

Saying this place is like a home away from home isn't a stretch in the least. Friendly staff with a can-do attitude, a relaxing environment, and excellent value all go into making this a nice place to stay for the traveler. Don't be shocked to run into the owners in the Clipper Lounge after hours and share a drink with them as they ask you about your stay and work to ensure it is excellent.

All in all, a nice place to stay and base out if for business in LA and the Valley.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank JohnFerdon
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Mr. Ferdon: Thank you for your kind and lovely review! We are thrilled to know our staff makes you feel home and we are happy to welcoming you back over and over! Thank YOU!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I get the pleasure of staying at this hotel almost once a month and enjoy it every time. I am normally checked in by Gary, who is always very courteous and greets you with a smile and a hand shake.

In the mornings I get a ride from numerous staff, but most often Gerry who has been more than helpful the times I have been there. He is very pleasant to talk to on the way to my work in the mornings. I know there have been times some people dont really talk while shuttling you, which makes for an awkward ride. There is also June, I dont think that is how you spell it, but he is very kind as well.

Some evenings I get the luxury of going to the bar that the hotel has there and Sean is always a splendid familiar face to see. He learns peoples names really fast if you plan on being a regular here and serves you with a smile.... and if your lucky, a dance.

Overall I have not had any bad experiences here. Love the staff and the rooms!!!!!!!! = ]

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building seem to be nicer. In the tower the water to the sink will sometimes...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kali S
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear loyal guest: thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to know our team members made the difference and we will sure share your feedback with them. We are happy to be your home away from home and we are looking forward to welcoming you back over and over again!