“Love the Air Nostalgia,Planes,Pilots & Great Staff!”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #111 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I walked in the lobby & immediately enjoyed the PanAM 747 over my head & the See the world posters from Pan AM by the Clipperclub Bar. Filipe, the manager took extra steps to make sure my trip was enjoyable, & Jason, one of the customer service shuttle drivers went out his way to show me & my associates around the area. The truth is everyone was friendly & helpful...making a business trip a pleasure. Food in the dining room was excellant..We didn't feel we had to leave to get a tasty meal, and the server was there when we needed him! I must also mention the swimming pool..big enough to do laps! All & all it was a lot of fun staying at the Airtel & I would reccommend it to all my friends who enjoy flying or need to be near Van Nuys. A great Stay!.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear guest: thank you so much for your review. We will make sure the associates mentioned know how excellent they did. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to having you back!

There are newer reviews for Airtel Plaza Hotel

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We've stayed at the Airtel Plaza three times this year. The hotel staff is the best I've ever found anywhere. The restaurant service is excellent...the best Eggs Benedict, delicious fresh fruit, interesting and delicious appetizers and main dishes for evening dining. The administrative staff is helpful and accommodating. Our hotel room has always been impeccable. One has quick access to the 405, and yet the hotel is not at all noisy....We would go back in a minute!

Room Tip: We enjoy seeing aircraft land and take off, so we prefer a room with a view of the tarmac. Noise is...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Suzanne R

Dear guest: thank you for your kind review. We will share your feedback with our team. We are so happy to know you will be back...over and over!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great place to stay when stopping intown for business. Quiet, clean, and service staff is good. Ive stayed here twice and i think its great for a place to stay while in town. Not a vacation hotel. Breakfast buffet amazing

Room Tip: Upgrade to remodeled room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest: thank you for your review. Our goal is that our guests enjoy either here on business trips or for leisure. We hope you will be back soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with my fiance, and had a great experience at this hotel. The employees were all very nice and helpful, especially for their front office staff members Felipe and Sylvia. They were very respectful of my needs and helped accomodate me in a very nice and quiet room. My fiance had a broken leg and they were extremely helpful to us with our bags and other services. I recommend this place to anyone that is coming to stay in the valley and in LA.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear guest: thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we are happy you are one of our repeat guests! Looking forward to having you back!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was quite apprehensive having read some reviews, but i had a great time. The planes do not affect your stay at all as they are not that frequent. I thought it was a feature and Airtel should get a viewing platform.
Upon arrival, Chrisina realised wihout me saying anything that i needed an extra bed and changed my room with no fuss (or charge). The room was comfortable and I loved the bathroom area.
The staff were great, friendly, helpful and informative especially Robert when it came to sports and other matters. My son and I didn't have enough time to do all LA but what we did had was assisted by the hotel and their services. I would stay at Airtel again and recommend it

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Honeychile11
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear guest: we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we were helpful. Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are looking forward to having you back on your next trip to LA!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The hotel is clean, the rooms are basic hotel rooms, but the ammenities could be better. It was advertised on priceline as including a free breakfast buffet and free parking. When we got here and checked in, we were told that we would have to pay an additional 10.00 per night for parking. When we asked about the free breakfast, we were informed that if you don't book through their website, you don't get the free breakfast. They want you to pay an additional 13.00 per person for the breakfast! There aren't a lot of fast food choices in the area either.The hotel itself isn't too bad, a little old, but clean. If you need a hotel in this area, I would only book it through their website - save yourself all the extra charges.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank heidi v
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Guest: we are sorry to read you were disappointed; however, we do not advertise free breakfast or parking on Priceline. We would not want to mislead lots of travelers by posting false info. Thank you for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My two daughters and I recently stayed at Airtel Plaze for 15 nights and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for any future accommodation requirements. The staff went above and beyond their duty to help us in every way possible, providing transport to anywhere we asked (within boundary limits), preparing high quality food and beverages in the restaurant, room service or when we were lazing by the pool, and staff were courteous and pleasant at all times. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and were a home away from home for us for two weeks+. The distance from the centre of Los Angeles/Hollywood was of no concern as Airtel staff provided transport to public transport which was readily available and we easily navigated our way to all destinations we chose to visit, eg. Warner Bros Studios, Hollywood, Santa Monica, Venice Beach and Universal Studios. I will have no hesitation in rebooking Airtel Plaza if we decide to visit Los Angeles any time again soon. Thank you so much Airtel Plaza Management and Staff :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear guest: thank you so much for your review! We are SO happy to know you had a great time and you are looking forward to being back! We are looking forward to having YOU back!