“Big Disapointment all Around”
Review of Airtel Plaza Hotel

Airtel Plaza Hotel
Ranked #109 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Diego, CA
“Big Disapointment all Around”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Miserable beds, rooms was "musty" smelling, no refrigerator, $10 charge a day if you want a microwave oven, AND parking, another $10 a day. I'm just grateful we only had booked the room for one night which is another thing... we booked far in advance (we were with a group) for Friday night but they scheduled us for Tuesday night and argued that was what we requested so they gave our room away.

Our group arranged for a special breakfast and special dinner for our stays. The breakfast was OK except that 90% of the items contained bell pepper so if you hate bell pepper as we do...... Dinner was HORRIBLE.... dinner was cold and steaks that were ordered well done were very rare.... horsderves, mini burgers on toast, were almost raw and cold and dessert was runny. I would never recommend this hotel for a group. Service was veryyyyy slowwwwww.

Room Tip: bring your own microwave and fridge.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear guest: we are so sorry to read how bad your experience was. I understand you were here with a group and I would love for you to contact me directly if you have a moment. I will share your comments with the F&B team and the rest of the Airtelplaza management. Definitely, we do not want unhappy guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The pictures may look like it has been updated, but unfortunately, even if new furniture were added, the place hasn't actually been cleaned in I don't know how long. The room just had a serious funk to it that reminded me of the basement in my grandparents' house. For that kind of grime, it seriously overpriced. AND on top of that, guests have to pay an additional $10 per day to park in the lot, which makes the place even more exorbitant.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest: we are sorry to hear you did not like our hotel. We are still in the process of renovating our rooms. I certainly hope you can give us another chance and if so, please contact me directly. Thank you.
Park Forest, Illinois
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed here just after I had come in at LAX. I anted somewhere to stay on my way to Lancaster. The front desk clerk was VERY nice. The hallways need some renovation in the area that I stayed, and vending machines were outside, which was a little weird. The room was clean and the bathroom immaculate. The room was large and the bed very comfortable. In the morning, I loved watching people get into a spectacular tiny jet and fly away. (They had stayed at the hotel and parked their plane just on the otherside of the parking lot. It was cool.). I would definitely stay here again. Although the parking price was annoying, but cheap considering that I live in Chicago where parking is NEVER that cheap. Having lived in So. CA before, I was surprised at a charge for parking at a hotel. Something I didn't see when I looked at their website. Maybe it's there, I just didn't see it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DawnD57
Dear guest: thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit!
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Ugh!stay away from "The Landing".In & Out was better.Truly horrible service and food.Needs a lot of work.

• Stayed February 2012
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Dear guest: we are sorry to hear you had such a negative experience at our restaurant. If you would, we would love for you to call us, so we can know where we failed on our end. I am not sure if our F&B manager was made aware of the situation prior you leaving the restaurant-we always do our very best to please our guests. If you had to decide to give us more feedback, please contact me directly. Thank you.
WA
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Airtel Plaza for a night and was amazed to learn that they charge guests $10 to park in their own parking lot! I inquired if I could park on the street in front of the hotel and was told by the clerk at the front desk that one could park on the street overnight. The next morning I had a parking ticket for $68 (a sign which I did not see in the dark read "no parking from 2am to 4am"). There is no activity on this street at that hour.....the only reason those signs are there, in my opinion, is to maximize the parking lot income for the hotel.

Nice rooms and amenities, but I will never stay there again until they allow free parking for guests. If you are driving your car, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear guest: we thank you for your feedback. We do have gated parking; however, we give options to our guests who would rather not pay for it. We can advice you to park on the street, but we cannot control the street signs. We are sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience, but we thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This was very nice hotel for the price we got. The lobby and property were very nice and clean. The room was also very clean. The bathroom fixtures, counters and tiling sort of dated the hotel. That was fine until you get to the shower. The shower curtain looked so tattered and worn and it MAY have been clean, BUT with it's appearance, it made the bathroom look dirty!! Maybe they shouldn't use cloth curtains because it looked gross!! A nice hotel like that shouldn't be using sub-standard equipment.

There wasn't a whole lot to do in the surrounding area. You have to drive a little distance for any nice areas to shop or walk around. There are no real tourist places in the immediate vicinity so be prepared to rent a car to get anywhere.

The hotel personnel from the front desk to housekeeping were awesome!! Their service is exceptional and everyone was absolutely friendly and accommodating!!!!

Besides my bathroom issue which I'm most picky about anyway, I really do recommend this hotel. We very much enjoyed it!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear Guest: thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to read our staff was great and welcoming! We are less thrilled to read about your bathroom feedback; however, we kindly thank you for it. It is thanks to your feedback that we can always make changes and improvement. Our preferred rooms have actually brand new showers with granite counter tops, so please ask for those rooms when you will be back!
Salem, India
Reviewed January 13, 2012

1. Before booking this hotel, I have spoken with reservation section and inquired about free shuttle service of this hotel. A lady who answered me, informed that free shuttle service available within 2 miles to any place. When, I checked in, front desk person informed me, free shuttle available only to specific destinations. Total rip off!
2. Wifi - Terrible connection, only fast near front desk area.
3. House keeping - Don't change the soap, toiletries every day.
4. Plug point at the room is quite away from the bed, so quite difficult to connect your gadgets.
5. Only good thing about hotel is rooms are reasonably large, decently clean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank MMDSI
Dear Guest: I am deeply sorry to read you were not happy with your stay. There is definitely no excuse if you were misinformed and got inconvenienced. I understand you made up your mind about us; however, should you decide to give us another try, please contact me directly.