“Never Again”

Ranked #114 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Agoura Hills, California
“Never Again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Ugh!stay away from "The Landing".In & Out was better.Truly horrible service and food.Needs a lot of work.

• Stayed February 2012
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Dear guest: we are sorry to hear you had such a negative experience at our restaurant. If you would, we would love for you to call us, so we can know where we failed on our end. I am not sure if our F&B manager was made aware of the situation prior you leaving the restaurant-we always do our very best to please our guests. If you had to decide to give us more feedback, please contact me directly. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Airtel Plaza for a night and was amazed to learn that they charge guests $10 to park in their own parking lot! I inquired if I could park on the street in front of the hotel and was told by the clerk at the front desk that one could park on the street overnight. The next morning I had a parking ticket for $68 (a sign which I did not see in the dark read "no parking from 2am to 4am"). There is no activity on this street at that hour.....the only reason those signs are there, in my opinion, is to maximize the parking lot income for the hotel.

Nice rooms and amenities, but I will never stay there again until they allow free parking for guests. If you are driving your car, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear guest: we thank you for your feedback. We do have gated parking; however, we give options to our guests who would rather not pay for it. We can advice you to park on the street, but we cannot control the street signs. We are sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience, but we thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

This was very nice hotel for the price we got. The lobby and property were very nice and clean. The room was also very clean. The bathroom fixtures, counters and tiling sort of dated the hotel. That was fine until you get to the shower. The shower curtain looked so tattered and worn and it MAY have been clean, BUT with it's appearance, it made the bathroom look dirty!! Maybe they shouldn't use cloth curtains because it looked gross!! A nice hotel like that shouldn't be using sub-standard equipment.

There wasn't a whole lot to do in the surrounding area. You have to drive a little distance for any nice areas to shop or walk around. There are no real tourist places in the immediate vicinity so be prepared to rent a car to get anywhere.

The hotel personnel from the front desk to housekeeping were awesome!! Their service is exceptional and everyone was absolutely friendly and accommodating!!!!

Besides my bathroom issue which I'm most picky about anyway, I really do recommend this hotel. We very much enjoyed it!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear Guest: thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to read our staff was great and welcoming! We are less thrilled to read about your bathroom feedback; however, we kindly thank you for it. It is thanks to your feedback that we can always make changes and improvement. Our preferred rooms have actually brand new showers with granite counter tops, so please ask for those rooms when you will be back!
Salem, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

1. Before booking this hotel, I have spoken with reservation section and inquired about free shuttle service of this hotel. A lady who answered me, informed that free shuttle service available within 2 miles to any place. When, I checked in, front desk person informed me, free shuttle available only to specific destinations. Total rip off!
2. Wifi - Terrible connection, only fast near front desk area.
3. House keeping - Don't change the soap, toiletries every day.
4. Plug point at the room is quite away from the bed, so quite difficult to connect your gadgets.
5. Only good thing about hotel is rooms are reasonably large, decently clean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank MMDSI
Dear Guest: I am deeply sorry to read you were not happy with your stay. There is definitely no excuse if you were misinformed and got inconvenienced. I understand you made up your mind about us; however, should you decide to give us another try, please contact me directly.
LasVegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

First time at this hotel. Rooms large, clean and well kept. TV's do need an upgrade to flatscreens, but that's minor. Service is first rate from arrival, bell man, room service, house keepers and telephone personnel.
A most quiet hotel within, however you should be aware it is on the VanNuys airport runways. While that did not bother me, in fact rather enjoyed watching private jets take off/land, etc. Probably staying on the other side of the hotel might be better for some.
Room service was very good and swift. Delivery right on time.
While they do charge $10 for parking your own vehicle, I can understand that fee especially when you look out your window and observe Security on the parking lot. Then in the mornings, a service worker actually sweeping the parking lot of leafs, etc. so you can understand the ten bucks are worth it to me.
Staying there over the Holidays was most reasonable when you check hotels nearby. This hotel is just minutes from the 405 and the 101. You are about 15 minutes from Hollywood and about 20 minutes from Thousand Oaks. Pool very nice. Fitness center could use some attention and upgrade.
Overall a very good place to stay and relax.

Room Tip: they have suites with an private outdoor spa at the end of the Tower Rooms facing the runways. Very...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Large rooms with comfortable amenities. Love the aviation memorabilia. Breakfast was delicious with much choice. We have used this hotel twice for single female travel and felt like they were safe and secure. The front desk accommodated our wishes. This is a large, slightly upscale accommodation and many corporate pilots/crews stay here. It was like a Hilton or Courtyard. I felt it was a good price for the level of service. I hope to stay here again. Actually stayed Jan 2011, but love this hotel and wanted to write about it. With the Aviation memorabilia, it is not cookie cutter.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

Definitely an old school hotel with a bright, shiny website. There was a friendly helpful front desk clerk at check-in around 10:00 PM, but he didn't appear to make any effort to provide (or even acknowledge) the type of room I requested on the hotel's internet reservation site.

The hotel appears to be in various states of upgrading based on signs and some halfway completed work areas. The Business Center is apparently out of commission due to renovations. The sleeping rooms are very large, even with a king size bed, but the furnishings are basic and bland, and carpeting is "hotel brown" with stains. I did a bit of a double-take when I returned home and looked at the pictures on the website. Did I just stay there? I didn't like the used tissue left on the floor near the headboard from a previous occupant. Parking costs $10 per day and you use a ticket to get in and out. Doesn't seem too unreasonable.

This hotel was close to where I needed to be for work, so I was able to avoid some of the morning traffic, but there's not much else to say for it. Late night arrivals will have to search for food, since room service ends at 10:30 PM. Not a lot of places to eat in the area, and you'll need a car to get to them. I ended up at the In-and-Out Burgers take out line.

This hotel is right beside the Van Nuys Airport. You can definitely hear the occasional jet or plane, but they were very infrequent on the night when I stayed there, and, after all, that was part of the attraction for me. Late sleepers beware: plane and jet traffic picked up quite a bit in the morning.

Comfortable, economical hotel. I don't mind staying here for the location, but would not recommend it for others. I struggled to decide between a 2 and 3 rating.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CristinaCalomeni, Front Office Manager at Airtel Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear guest: thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are certainly not pleased to read about the lack of emphaty you experienced at check in since we strive to connect with our guests. We have been under renovation and our business center was closed for few days; it is unfortunate you were here during those days. We are going to have our newly renovated rooms ready soon, so hopefully you will stay with us again and see our Airtel Plaza improvements! We sincerely hope that in the future you will go for five stars witout hesitation!