Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks
$362
$279
Sofitel
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$154
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$259
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$305
$216
$203
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
$591
$575
$171
$167
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewscheesecake factorycourtyard by marriottthe san fernando valleyparking attendantwould stay here againnice hotelfourth floorpool deckwhole foodsroom serviceconvenient locationself parkingwould highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffeasy accessla areabusiness traveler
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while on vacation from Northern California it's about 20-30 minutes to Hollywood from this hotel (depending on traffic) and has good freeway access not alot around the hotel itself to do there is the Sherman oaks galleria right next door but there isn't very much there literally like 5 small stores a handful of restaurants and a movie theater so to go do anything you do have to drive but the rooms are nice and clean and the staff is great friendly and helpful...I'd stay again

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Krissee1987
Paul G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Sherman Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Krissee1987,

Thank you for choosing The Courtyard By Marriott in Sherman Oaks for your recent vacation! Our team is very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable visit! And we very much appreciate your compliments of our guest rooms and friendly Guest Service team members.

As you noted, we are in a convenient location for exploring Los Angeles. And because of our positioning near the 405/101 freeway interchange, it’s very easy for our guests to access and explore Universal Studios, Hollywood and the West Side of Los Angeles, including Santa Monica. And while the Galleria next door is not a large shopping center, I’d encourage you to discuss some of the interesting dining options with our Guest Services Team on your next visit. Just outside of the Galleria, there are many options that offer some interesting history in addition to great dining.

Our team will look forward to your next visit to Sherman Oaks!

Very best,

Paul Gardner
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've stayed here before 2 other times. I don't know why i came back.

This is a noisy hotel. The ventilation hums and pulsates. There is Ventura Blvd on the front and the 405 freeway on the back.

I told the staff I'm noise sensitive and they gave me a room with a partition door.

I've only myself to blame. But if you are like me, don't waste a sleepless night. I would have been better off taking the red eye home!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg P

Dear Greg P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Courtyard By Marriott in Sherman Oaks.

It’s very important that we provide our guests with a comfortable experience based on their individual needs. And I understand your frustration with your room placement after specifically communicating your concerns. I’m very sorry that you’ve have had a few challenging experiences at our property.

As you mentioned, the property is located on Ventura Blvd and near the 405 freeway. This is part of what makes our location so convenient for many of our guests. And while the property was built with soundproofing measures to avoid disruptive evenings, we do have some guest rooms that are quieter than others. We try to utilize these quieter guest rooms when someone expresses the kinds of concerns that you raised, as most of our guests find our building’s soundproofing measures more than sufficient.

While it’s easy to think that our quietest rooms would be located on the top floor, this isn’t typically the case. And while I don’t know the specifics of your discussion upon arrival, I see that you were assigned a guest room on the top floor, which many times is requested by guests with your kinds of concerns. However, it’s actually our lower guest room floors which often prove the quietest for our most sensitive guests. So I would recommend requesting one of our lower floors if you have occasion to return to our hotel. And I’ll be reviewing your comments with our Guest Services Team to help them better choose a quiet guest room for guests in your position.

If you’d like to contact me directly after making your next booking, I’d be happy to look into your room placement with our Guest Services Team. I’m confident that we are able to provide you with a quiet and peaceful experience.

I do hope that you’ll consider our property in the future. And I’ll look forward to hearing from you if you decide to contact me directly.

Very best,

Paul Gardner
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Nicely renovated hotel, friendly staff, great location for walking to shopping, restaurants. Wifi worked well in our room. Near major highways, so central to other spots. Recommend for business or if staying in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DeeSteveTravels
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were in SoCal for our nephew's wedding. My in-laws got the celebration rate. We had a standard room with a king-size bed with a sofa. The room was comfortable but stuffy. When the A/C was on, the blower was loud... so loud that we had to turn the tv volume up to hear it. At night, it would come on and wake me up! There is a door to the balcony but I assume for safety reasons, they lock it and there's no key available. It was either sit in a stuffy warm room or hear a loud blower periodically come on! If you like quiet when you sleep, don't get room 604! One of the nice things... was on the lobby level they have 2 computers and a printer. When we clicked on IE, a screen comes up with all of the airlines. Just click on your airline, check-in, and print your ticket!

Room Tip: Interesting... when i put my cursor in this box, examples of helpful room tips come up and one of them is Higher floors have less A/C unit noise!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Moosh2423
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here while visiting family for Christmas. Great location. Was able to walk to places to eat and night clubs. Stayed in a suite and it was wonderful. We had 5 people so they brought in a roll away the was so comfortable and had plenty of room for it. Beautiful lobby!!

Room Tip: Love the high floors great view of city and the suites are large enough for a family
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family