“Hotel is very clean, staff is accomodating and friendly, and rates are a great value.”

Best Western Plus Carriage Inn
Ranked #44 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I live within a 30 mile range from this location, and needed a place to stay for a few nights. I found this hotel online for a rate of about $98.00 per night for their basic standard king room, which was below the budget I expected to spend for a decent room without having to go to a sketchy motel. Great location conveniently located right off of the 405 fwy, with a Denny's attatched on the lot, which is the room service menu. After calling to reserve for one night, they quoted me a rate of $139.00 without taxes, and I mentioned the rate I had found online. They were more than happy to match the rate without questions or requirements, and were very polite and quick in doing so. Front desk attendants were very polite and friendly as well as personable. After getting to the room, the only thing that wasn't so great was the comforter on the bed, but it did match the room. Nevertheless the bed is clean, very comfortable, and housekeeping visits every day while I'm gone. Very polite ladies, and very trustworthy as I left a lot of valuable laying around. I was pleasantly surprised to find the room reasonably spacious and really very clean. Room includes a seperate sink and closet room with a great safe that fits a lot even with my laptop, wooden hangers, extra plush pillow, ironing board & iron, and luggage stands. Bathroom is seperate and very clean. Simple white sink, shower, and toilet, yet it shows how clean the room is without color disguising. Door is a bit loud when closing due to a rough handle, which is with every door in the building. Fridge, comfy arm chair, very spacious drawer chest, and although television is old, the flat image is reasonably great as well as the volume. This is all highly reasonable for the rate, and decided to extend my stay for a week, which brought my rate down to roughly $85 a night. Price of a motel, quality of a hotel. Will definitely continue business ventures exclusively with this hotel and recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Carriage Inn

Reviewed September 10, 2010

This is a comfortable property with all the "bells and whistles" for a reasonable price. Nice neighborhood with easy access to local attractions. Excellent guest services!!! I was so impressed how the manager went out of his way to answer my questions about the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2010

This hotel deserves better recognition as it was very clean, comfortable and quiet. We checked in for only 1 night, but due to the high standards (clean rooms) we booked another night. Our room was away from the noisy highway Room T409. The hotel was full and speaking to other people they seemed very pleased with how clean this hotel was.
They wash the carpets each day and the mattress was clean and looked new. The towels were of good quality and the toiletries were not the cheapest.
They do take pride in their hotel so this is why I do strongly recommend it.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
This hotel is as it states the cleanest hotel around.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I am unsure why other reviewers would think this hotel is a good deal. i stay often in LA, and this hotel is a dump. The area is bad, and the 24 hr Dennys attracts loud patrons all hours of the night. This is a motor inn, the rooms above and around the parking lot. Build before the days of car alarms and loud stereos. I was up all night with slamming doors (paper thin doors and walls), ac unit in the back of the room- so no help drowing out the noise. What a disaster..I woke up to look outside many times to ensure my car had not been broken into. Its a bad neighborhood, I should have known better- but I was tired and needed a place. Went to Marriott Culver City for ten bucks more, and that was a safe and beautiful hotel. The staff was not very nice either, they charged me two nights,even after I called in the morning to say I could not stay another night due to loud noise and no sleep. Rubbing salt in the wound would be an understatement. Be safe and rested, dont stay here. There was not 1 good quality of this hotel..ok maybe one, free parking.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank lovetucsonweather
Reviewed July 24, 2010

The title says it all. We would not stay in this BW again unless money and proximity to the Interstate is the object.
The parking lot is crowded and difficult to navigate (very narrow slots). The check-in was awkward at best as was the guy who checked us in: weird questions, long wait, mistakes with printing receipts, overall, not very reassurring.
The rooms are very unusually decorated (look at their pics on the BW website), their really look like your grandma's bedroom. The floors were wet as if someone had just spilled water there. The odor was musky. The nearby interstate made it for one of the noisiest places we have recently visited (ask to sleep on the side away from the highway). The rooms needed redecorating, the grounds could use some cleaning.
In sum, skip it if you can afford better.

AQMRN

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

This hotel is a typical Best Western. Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable. For the price, it would be hard to find anything better. I was very satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2010

This Best Western has many problems - situated next next to a noisy street, a 24-hour Denny's where people pull up with noisy radios blasting... Somebody was even shouting in the parking lot around 10 pm, and hookers walking the street.

What really ticked me off was no hot water to take a shower in the morning. I let it run for about 2 minutes - just a hint of heat. The sinks were slightly better.. When I complained about it to Abpu at the front desk, he called his manager Anthony Pagtalunan. He nodded his head, ans said I should have gave it five min. I siad you should have a sign then.

He said if I wanted to return he'd put me up in their "Tower Section" - which is actually just three floors compared to two. "The plumbing is better there," he said. "It was built in the 1970s, as opposed to the 1960s where the two-story rooms are." His theory on 30 year plumbing vs 40, may be correct, but I never wanted to see this place again and something back for what I paid.

Pagtaunan offered me a $10 refund, but after seeing I prepaid through hotels.com, he couldn't help. The best he could offer me was a free $4 breakfast at Denny's.

Don't stay here - ever!