“Bring your earplugs”

GreenLeadersBronze level
NorCal
“Bring your earplugs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2006

The Best Western Carriage Inn is in a good location for access to I405 and US101 at the southern end of the San Fernando Valley. You can also use Sepulveda Blvd to go down into the L.A. basin, or Victory Blvd to go East/West in the Valley. I spent 10 nights in this motel on a recent business trip. The room was kept clean, the bed (a King) was comfortable. There was a small fridge and no microwave oven. Because of the extreme heat during my stay, the wall air conditioner ran 24 hours a day. The noise from that, and the very noisy Sepulveda Blvd. (a fire station down the street) and motel parking lot were definite downers. There appeared to be only one ice machine for the motel, located in the parking area, but at least it always had ice when I needed it. Although there is a Denney's attached to the motel, I don't recommend it if you want good and speedy service. Other dining options are at least a mile away. The cable TV offerings were meager, and the WiFi connection was poor at times. The room rate seemed fair for the facility, and the front counter staff was always helpful. Would I stay there again? Only if absolutely necessary for business, never for a personal trip.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jaf006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Las Vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2006

My family had a wonderful short 3 day stay at this hotel. The room was clean, had a pillow top mattress & the staff was very accomodating. We slept well. For the price, its a great value for visiting the L.A. sights just 7 miles away. Universal, Hollywood walk etc. Very busy hotel during peak season. Our breakfasts at Denny's were very good each morning. I would recommend a short stay.

Stayed July 2006
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2006

Clean, large rooms (especially the newly renovated ones), and excellent value for money in an expensive city. Centrally located to shopping and sights, and with a Denny's on the location. Free high speed internet, adequate parking - everything the business traveller needs. Only downside was a noisy bunch of bikinied girls in the pool.

• Liked — Clean, spacious rooms
  • Disliked — No service
  • Tips/Secrets — In-room safe costs $1.14 a day. Decline at check-in if you're not using it.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank MusicGuy
Encino, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2006

To start out, don't believe the website that says you get a continental breakfast. You get coupons for breakfast at an adjacent Denny's where the service is so bad, unless you want to waste your morning on a crummy breakfast, you won't bother using the coupons. I heard numerous people complaining about it when I went to the "lobby" to complain that my room hadn't been cleaned btween 8AM when I left the hotel and 3:30PM when I returned. Rather than apologise for the inconvenience, a surly clerk told me that they were really busy. This was a Wednesday, in the beginning of May, not exactly high season for any hotel. Besides, the parking lot wasn't even crowded. After waiting 30 minutes to get my room cleaned, I asked how much longer this was going to take to which a different surly clerk answered, "I don't know, I've never cleaned a room". At the conclusion of my stay, I wrote to Best Western via their website to issue my complaint. For that, I received a letter from the hotel manager with NO apology, reiteration "we were really busy", and if I wanted my room made up early, I should have asked at the desk. I didn't know 3:30PM was early. She also said if I contact her personally, she'll make sure my next stay is good. No way will I or any one I can tell stay at this dump again. It will make me think twice before staying at ANY Best Western.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank likeniceplaces
ericybw, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carriage Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues you had during your stay and want you to know our first priority is the safety and security of our guests. Safety issues are always taken very seriously and any improvements necessary will always addressed immediately. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Best Western Plus Carriage Inn