“Our New Go-To Place in California”

Best Western Plus Carriage Inn
Ranked #45 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ontario, Canada
“Our New Go-To Place in California”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for an entire week. It was our first visit ever to California and after much search and research we made our final decision to stay here. We are so glad that we did!!!

The hotel was clean, comfortable, affordable, and about 20 mins from all attractions we wanted to see. 24hr Denny's in the parking lot which is very convenient. Friendly staff in the hotel and Denny's.

We will come here again on our next visit. The area is nice, you can feel safe, and is is close to the highways.

The free wifi and free parking are a great plus and part of the reason we will be returning.

My husband and I forgot our toothbrushes and the hotel provided complimentary toothbrushes and toothpaste as we needed until we were able to get our own. :)

If there is one negative I have, and it's a small one, I would say I wish the hotel had numbered parking spots to match the room numbers.

We had a different parking spot every night and some were a little ways away from our room. Nothing ever happened to our car but I wish we could have parked it right out front of our room every day.

We can't wait until our next visit.

Room Tip: Show your room key to the staff at Denny's and you get 10% off your order.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
paso robles, United States
Reviewed February 17, 2014

if youre a smoker, and are hard of hearing or sleep thru anything, then this hotel is for you! oh and if you don't expect breakfast or a fitness room... but for me, it was not a pleasant experience =/

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPCarraigeinn, Manager at Best Western Plus Carriage Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Carri V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay. Please know that the hotel has a Fitness Room, located across the Lobby. Breakfast is available at Denny’s, which offers a 10% discount to hotel guests, and within walking distance.

We sincerely hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
PhilJerz
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed here with some friends for a quick day trip from Vegas. I did not know what to expect, but the hotel was pretty nice. Got it a great price..the front desk staff was nice and helpful. The location good as it is located right near the 405 / 101 intersection. Really easily accessible. Most of all, the room was nice and clean. It had a nice flat screen tv and free wifi. We had enough towels and wash clothes for everyone. The bed was comfortable and it was quiet. Plenty of parking and there is a Denny's onsite if you get hungry. It is a good value ($90.00 for the night) I would stay here again if I am in there area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank PhilJerz
houston, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very old hotel. needs upgrading. No water preasure in the shower noisy air condition old elevator no parking old showers good location parking lot does not have enough lights the place does not feel safe.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPCarraigeinn, Manager at Best Western Plus Carriage Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Had Y,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experience. I want you to know that we renovated all our rooms recently by replacing the carpets, wall papers, furniture’s, bedding package, and the old bulky televisions which are now 37' flat screen TV. In addition, both of our building structures have been freshly painted to a more modern color.

Thank you.
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Very nice room. Bed was very comfortable and room clean. Staff very helpful. Therapy pool was nice even though weather was not so great. Would have liked for there to be towels at the therapy pool not just the regular pool. Only real problem was the lack of hot water for the shower. Just didn't last long. Not enough time to shower and wash my hair The Denny's on the property made getting breakfast convenient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed February 1, 2014

When I had selected this hotel. I thought it was a hotel with a bar/lounge but found that it is an motel with no bar/lounge and the photo they show is actual next door at Denny's Restaurant and the bar was never open! Well its a Dennys good for breakfast but that's it.
The motel is only 15 miles to most attractions in Los Angeles and Hollywood so that was nice. The rooms are clean and modern (recently renovated) and worth the price of $129 per night but if I had to pay more than that I would have looked around for a real hotel. I would stay there again and recommend to anyone as a good value.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the courtyard
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Quadra Island, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2014

this hotel caters to all night Dennys restaurant and also is noisy for that reason. '''every night the Garbage trucks came by at 3 am. I found the bathroom floor had not been cleaned and when I used the shower the bottom bath spigot came off and hit my leg. The screw was rusty and scratches on the tub indicate that this was not a first time event. Hot water was minimum weather it was 6 am or 11 pm with not chance of taking a bath. Plenty of other motels in area, I will choose another motel next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Diane C
Dear Diane C,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experience. With Denny’s being open 24 hours, it can get busy past 10 pm, especially on weekends when most restaurants in the area are closed early. The benefit of having Denny’s open for 24 hours is that our guests have the luxury of getting something to eat at any time, within walking distance. It is with deep regret that we are unable to meet your expectations during your stay with us. Rest assured that your concerns are given utmost importance. I sincerely hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Thank you.