“So happy you are in our Neighborhood”

Agra Indian Kitchen
Ranked #3,856 of 10,299 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Venice
Neighborhood: Venice
Reviewed April 4, 2014

It's not fancy, but oh so good. This is authentic Indian food for American tastes.
You won't spicy. They make it spicy. You want it mild. You'll get it mild. Everything is fresh and the prices are beyond reasonable. After seeing the new movie "The Lunch Box,: we immediately booked a table at Agra; it's one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. Great food and excellent service in an intimate surrounding.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Indian Food Restaurant at it's best in LAX ,Driving down on Lincoln going to Long Beach late afternoon from Monica stopped on the right at the yellow sign Agra and took a chance on the food . It was great , and was also surprised at the goodness , . Papadam and water right away , pecoras , bajias, and samosas, next , puri , chapati and naan to follow , lamb curry perfect , chicken done similar to butter chicken almost but good . Rice comes in , didn't order it but he says it is on the house . Raita, mango chutney , very good , gulab jamun ends it in a sweet way . With the tip it comes to 78.00 USD . You can splurge once in a while and parking was free right in front of the door . I will definitetly come back here if I come to Venice LA again , and drive on Pacific Coast HYW.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I love Indian food, but found there wasn't a decent Indian restaurant on the West Side, where I live. Not even on Pico Blvd near the Westside Pavilion. My wife and I had to travel to Tarzana where, coincidentally, we would dine at Agra Tandoori. No relationship. We have had the Tandoori chicken several times, and it is always moist and very tastefully seasoned. The only possible criticism I might have is that the chickens they use seem somewhat on the small side for the price. The saag paneer and aloo gabi are excellent. We also tried the mushroom matter, which was also very good. I plan on being a regular there.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Our choices in this small restaurant, named for the famous North Indian city: balti lamb, aloo gobi, raita, a garlic naan, and a tandoori roti. Expecting traditional North Indian seasoning, we ordered "medium" for the level of heat. Both lamb and aloo gobi were extremely spicy--all heat with no flavor. The aloo gobi (a traditional North Indian dish), described on the menu as potatoes and cauliflower cooked with mild spices, included tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions along with the potatoes and cauliflower. We were surprised at the additional vegetables and should have questioned the preparation. (On a later review of the menu, we found that it matched the description of another cauliflower item, "gobi bhajee" which does not include potatoes. Did they have gobi bhajee ready so threw in a few potatoes and called it aloo gobi?) The raita was thick and very sweet. Naan and roti were not very good. When we spoke with the manager, he explained a complicated "heat scale" on which medium is 5, then there's a 5-7 category, and 10 is the hottest. This food was 10+. Staff here included a Bangladeshi, a Nepali chef, a Sri Lankan, and a Pakistani. The ambiance is pleasant; two servers provided good service but neither explained the heat index to us or to the next customers. Very disappointing: we know Indian food very well--one of us is North Indian, from near Agra. Our suggestions to the management: food should match menu descriptions, staff should clearly explain the heat index, and the chef should not be so heavy-handed with the red pepper.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is THE BEST Indian food I have EVER had, and I've had LOTS. I have turned on several people to Agra Indian Kitchen and they all agree. They always have a Groupon going on (esp. the last minute deals), but their prices are reasonable anyway. The service is a little slow but if last night was any indication, they seem to be solving that issue by always filling my water and delicious spiced iced tea.

The garlic naan was perfect last night - I like it a little crispy! The mango chutney delish, and I tried the mixed grill dish which was PERFECT! A little chicken tikka, shish kabab and another chicken dish. There was so much, I have enough for another meal.

I REALLY love their food and drive miles just to eat there. Despite what others say, GO THERE and decide for yourself.