“Great food.”

Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Hawaiian, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 8th St. & Figueroa St.
Transit: Red Line Metro a 7th & Figueroa / DASH Downtown A or F line
Description: The legendary culinary vision of Roy Yamaguchi can be enjoyed right here in Los Angeles. At Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine, our menu features the finest seafood with a focus on delicacies from the oceans around Hawaii. Each creation is a fusion of flavors found in our freshest local ingredients with European sauces and bold Asian spices and served with the spirit of Aloha, creating a dining experience that leaves you feeling like you’ve found paradise. The Downtown Los Angeles restaurant is located on the corner of 8th and Figueroa and features a spacious dining room with a sushi counter that gives you a front row seat to the excitement of the exhibition kitchen. In the kitchen, Chef Garrett Mukogawa brings his imagination and artistry to the plate every night. Chef Garrett learned his love of cooking from his Grandma Park, whose creativity in the kitchen influenced Garrett’s style of cooking. It is our pleasure to welcome you into our Ohana and we look forward to serving you.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great variety of food. The fish was very fresh and the dessert was great.
I ate there twice on my recent trip.

There are newer reviews for Roys Restaurant

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The service was very good but the food wasn't great. Butterfish was excellent but the scallops were over-seasoned and shrimp was over cooked. For the price I would go back to keoki's across the parking lot for a much nicer atmosphere and slightly better food. The restaurant was plain, extremely hot and a bit uncomfortable. Appetizers were very good and the edamame they served every table was very nice. However portions were a little small and prices were high.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Roys has become a pretty wide chain, and for that reason I shied away from it for a while. I have since eaten there in Hawaii and Woodland Hills, CA and have been pleased with service and food. The menu is interesting and the food memorable. It is definitely pricey, but given that, you do get what you pay for.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

If you appreciate fresh seafood mixed with explosive flavor, Roy's is a great spot.

The tuna is world class and is their specialty. I always sit at the sushi bar as you can watch the entire kitchen work.

The conundrum white wine was a great value and complimented our entree selections. Service is top notch, fair prices.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

It always sounds like a good idea but they never really do it right.
The food is so so and I dont really get all the hype about Roys - Been to serveral of them and they are OK - I like the island feel of the restaurant but the food does nothing for me - And usually the service is not that great - Its expensive

Jeannie L, Guest Relations Manager at Roys Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and we are so sorry for not meeting your expectations. Do you have time to speak with our manager? My contact information is jlee@roysrestaurant.com. How may I connect with you?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best wishes, Jeannie Lee @ Roy's