“not worth the money”

Ranked #26 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
dana point
“not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2008

my stay at the doubletree was not worth the money no vcr or dvd players in the rm ac did not work well in the rm hotel hall ways were so hot it was hot everywhere i dont think i have been in a hotel that was so hot my family and i were at the pool no towels had to call many times for towels did not come until mnger was walking around pool w/housekeeping staff then we got towels went to pool next day no towels spa was not working pool is not heated my wife and kids went to pool before we cked out no towels again called again did not come spa still not working 180 dollars anight should not have to call every time we go to the pool also no micro or little frig in the rm only plus was rm service i would have say they were great and free shuttle service to ports acall villager rich from orange county ca.

Stayed May 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2008

My husband and I loved the Doubletree. Stayed one night prior to our cruise. Front desk staff is delightful and very accommodating. Anything I asked for, I got.......including an extra cookie! LOL

Rooms are nicely decorated. WiFi available for a small fee in your room or use the hotels computers in lobby for free.

We took Super Shuttle from Los Angeles Airport to the hotel as the hotel does not offer transportation from LAX. They do have a couple of shuttle vans that will take you anywhere in San Pedro and there is no charge. We asked about going to a supermarket for wine and soda to bring on the cruise and the van driver told us it was cheaper to buy at CVS and took us there....waited while we shopped and brought us back to the hotel. Next morning, they drove us over to the ship.

The restaurant at the hotel is good but on the expensive side. No other places to eat within close walking distance.

Nice marina area to stroll around if you want a little exercise. Speaking of exercise, I did see a nice gym, swimming pool and hot tub on the premises but did not take advantage of them.

Would definitely stay here again if I were going to San Pedro.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Exbronx46
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2008

Outstanding stay. One night but will go back. We had a great room overlooking the marina. The beds were awesome and the interior had been redone. Check-in was smooth along with a reservation to the boat dock in the morning. FREE PARKING AND TRANSPORT TO THE CRUISE LINES/HELIPORT?CATALINA BOATS. When we got back to mainland from a weekend at Catalina, they picked us up in 10 minutes. Loved it, the staff was outstanding and had great people skills-

• Liked — room and view
  • Disliked — drive to what you need
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank co_mack
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2008

The motel must have been remodeled since some of the last comments. Our room was beautiful, overlooking the marina, and perfect in every way. Staff was excellent. The restaurant has excellent food also. A great escape from a brutal Iowa winter this year.

• Liked — Cleanliness and overall appearance.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank IowaCarly
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2007

We were attending an event in Long Beach but the marina view rooms attracted me to this hotel.

15 minutes from Long beach with an easy highway drive through the Long Beach harbour I would recommend this hotel strongly.

We had a marina view with a balcony. Beautiful way to wake up in the morning. Nice place to sit and watch the big ships come and go.

Rooms were well appointed, althought no blow dryers in the bathroom. Bathrooms were not fancy like the rest of the room but were clean.

Towels, bed, and view were all very opulalent. Towels thick and plentiful. The bed... WOW! Sooooo comfy with the cuddly comforter top and pillow top mattress below.

Staff was super friendly.

My big dog was no problem and was made to feel welcome not only tolerated.

Breakfast buffet in the morning very reasonably priced.

I would stay here again in a second.

San Pedro itself is nothing to speak of but I did not spend much time there so I might not be totally fair in its assessment. And the hotel is not near anything convenient other than a great walk along the marina... which was all I wanted and I got that in spades.

Stayed December 2007
3 Thank Snoet
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2007

Ok, besides the comfort of the bed, and some nice staff, this is not at a level of DoubleTree. The wall paper was taring off. The air conditioning remote was torn out of the wall. The bathroom was NOT clean. I found a hair in one of the towels, and the faucets were crusty. The shower curtain was moldy and dirty. The linens were so wrinkled I wasn't even sure if those were changed. The cookie was tasty though!

Disgrace!

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed September 2007
6 Thank fankindagirl
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2007

My visit to this property was linked to a meeting at a nearby facility. The room was booked as part of a block (four rooms), so I had no part in choosing the hotel. That said, my experience during my five-night stay was--for the most part--positive. The bedroom/bath were fresh and clean, reflecting a recent remodel. Lacking, however, were an in-room safe and a small 'fridge. While not imperative, they are nice to have (especially the safe) and most hotels now offer these amenities.

Service in the dining room (at breakfast) and in the lounge (evenings) was uneven. On some mornings, one server was attentive to needs like coffee refills and taking menu orders (as opposed to assuming everyone wanted the buffet). On other mornings a different server seemed absent minded about coffee refills, juice orders, and appeared to be reluctant to place a menu order. The wait-staff inconsistency carried over to the lounge, where on two consecutive nights a colleague and I (both female) wished to have an after-dinner drink. The first night a server greeted us promptly and took our order immediately. The next night, with the same server working, we sat--seemingly ignored--for some time until I finally went to the bar and asked that someone take our order.

Desk personnel were professional and helpful, as were the support staff (shuttle driver and the bellhops). In fact, I arrived earlier than anticipated and was assigned to a room immediately. Check out (early morning) was equally smooth.

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay and would--under similar (professional meeting) circumstances stay the San Pedro Doubletree again. As a native of Southern California traveling for personal reasons, however, I would opt to stay in Long Beach rather than San Pedro.

• Liked — Location relative to business meeting site.
  • Disliked — No significant complaints.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business